2»

Comments

• @Murv said:
    I can give you some tips on how to avoid getting blocked:

• Use XRay (VMess/VLess) + TLS + WebSocket behind CloudFlare
      • They won't see your actual IP address
      • You'll need a domain name for this one
      • Worst case scenario your domain will get blocked instead of your IP
      • May not work with every ISP. It's hit-or-miss...
      • It can be slow

My Chinese friend uses this method - he pays less than $5/yr because he got a NAT VPS a BF sale and $0 domain from Freenom. However, most NATVPSes are blocked by GFW, so he had a hard time setting it up the first time...

Thanked by (2)Ympker Gudarzi
  • @Murv said: I still have a server with Terrahost but it's billed monthly not hourly. As others have mentioned Luannode is probably your best chance.

Is Luannode still good?
    I want to use lunanode and I already gave them my phone number but I am afraid they will ask for more KYC after I top up my account. I am also from Iran. Will my account be deleted due to US sanctions? :[

• @billy said:

@Murv said: I still have a server with Terrahost but it's billed monthly not hourly. As others have mentioned Luannode is probably your best chance.

Is Luannode still good?
    I want to use lunanode and I already gave them my phone number but I am afraid they will ask for more KYC after I top up my account. I am also from Iran. Will my account be deleted due to US sanctions? :[

Isn't Luna out of Italy? Or are they U.S. with Italian nodes?

I am probably confusing them with someone else. Nevermind me carry on soldiers.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @billy said:

@Murv said: I still have a server with Terrahost but it's billed monthly not hourly. As others have mentioned Luannode is probably your best chance.

Is Luannode still good?

I don't really use LunaNode much these days but my account's still standing.
    Use a VPN (preferably one that's not shared) and lie about your country and you should be fine.
    (I know this sounds unorthodox to my many fellow LESbian compadres here, but such is the sad life of an Iranian. Not every Iranian's gonna store nuclear secrets on some lowend VPS)

Try topping up with a small amount like $5 in crypto first (I know that's not exactly small in local currency but still)
    I personally use Litecoin for the small network fee. Keep in mind, you'll need a VPN to use the Coinbase gateway.

Thanked by (2)billy AuroraZero
  • They still have my phone number which is from Iran so I'm not sure if it would be a good idea if I use a vpn because:

https://www.lunanode.com/terms
    New accounts must be registered without the use of a proxy, VPN, VPS, dedicated server, or similar service. Accounts registered through such services may be disabled.

Yes, the minimum deposit is 10 dollars and as you said before, it is not cheap in Iran. But they have reasonable hourly prices and have a Shelve feature that I like

You can use the Shelve functionality to deactivate your virtual machine. Once a VM is shelved, you will only be billed for the storage space, at $0.03/GB/mo, and assigned IP addresses, at $1/mo (both fees are charged hourly); the pricing change will be reflected in the billing section of the panel dashboard. You can reactivate the VM at any time by pressing Unshelve from the VM details.
    payment methodes:
    Payment Gateway
    Credit Card
    Paypal
    Bitcoin or Bitcoin+Lightning (via BTCPay)
    Coinbase (ETH, LTC, BCH, DAI, LTC, USDC)

• @billy said:
    They still have my phone number which is from Iran so I'm not sure if it would be a good idea if I use a vpn because:

https://www.lunanode.com/terms
    New accounts must be registered without the use of a proxy, VPN, VPS, dedicated server, or similar service. Accounts registered through such services may be disabled.

Yes, the minimum deposit is 10 dollars and as you said before, it is not cheap in Iran. But they have reasonable hourly prices and have a Shelve feature that I like

You can use the Shelve functionality to deactivate your virtual machine. Once a VM is shelved, you will only be billed for the storage space, at $0.03/GB/mo, and assigned IP addresses, at $1/mo (both fees are charged hourly); the pricing change will be reflected in the billing section of the panel dashboard. You can reactivate the VM at any time by pressing Unshelve from the VM details.
    payment methodes:
    Payment Gateway
    Credit Card
    Paypal
    Bitcoin or Bitcoin+Lightning (via BTCPay)
    Coinbase (ETH, LTC, BCH, DAI, LTC, USDC)

Back when I signed up you didn't even have to enter a phone number.

Also you sure $10 is the minimum? I just checked it's $5.

The BTCPay gateway will probably work without a VPN but Coinbase may block you.

Thanked by (1)billy
  • @Murv said: Also you sure $10 is the minimum? I just checked it's $5.

Yes, it's $10 for me.

• @billy said: Yes, it's $10 for me.

Ah, apparently there's a $10 minimum deposit limit for new customers. Tough luck.

Thanked by (1)billy
  • @Gudarzi said: I live in Iran and I need this server for launching a personal vpn

You can have a 1$/month VPS and prevent it from getting blocked if you set up your VPN server properly and most important of all, refrain from transferring terabytes of data on single IP. (there's no need for constantly looking for clean IPs)

Also check HostVDS. I only use it for quick testing but maybe it's what you are looking for.

Thanked by (1)billy