**DEADPOOL** NVMeNetworks Has Left The Building

Comments

• @Hostaris said:

@adly said:

@Hostaris said:

@dosai said:
    So basically, kids hanging out on discord decided to become CEOs.

I've tried to handle this the best I can - never been in this type of situation before. We got dragged into this. Gotta cut me some slack :/

@TheDP said:

@Nekki said:
    How do NVMEs have networks? Makes no sense.

And yet they're "fighting" over the name :smiley:

We are not fighting over the name. We reclaimed that domain in the sense that Blake wasn't using it anymore as we had clear evidence he did not want to come back. If he would like to have that domain back, by all means, he can. But it's crossing a line when he emails from WHMCS stating that we've 'hijacked' his domain and I would like for this to be rectified.

@hotsnow said:
    Virtfusion panel down again :#

Looks as if they've forcefully canceled everything they have as my access dropped and the IPs are not pingable.

@covent said:
    I have no rep here so feel free to ignore me if it bothers you. But to be honest @Hostaris has been great so far (yes I have a VPS from them) and despite their young age they are very mature when it comes to customer service, almost over enthusiast when I compare to more traditional providers. I think that tendency has got them somehow mixed in this also.

The domain/website thing was a bit weird, maybe they should have just taken the site down without that manifest and keep helping people migrate over to other providers. Other than that, it seems their intentions were good (I know they're trying to get new customers themselves while at it but isn't everybody..)

Thank you, it is nice to know that there are some considerate people here. While I admit the move with the domain was a tad strange - at the time (3AM in the morning), I felt I had to as he had already emailed his clients stating that the domain has been stolen and many of NVMe's clients/past-clients are also a client of Hostaris so we had to clear up the misinformation.

@Justiceserv said:
    So... the only affiliation between hostaris and nvmenetwork is domain ownership...? Or am I missing something :/

On the 18th we requested access to infrastructure from Samuel C (not to be confused with my colleague Samuel B ) as Blake appeared to have disappeared. We did this because we had numerous clients requesting that we migrate their images for them. Before that date, the only affiliation we had was via Discord. We had been given "roles" in their server. In no way, shape, or form is Hostaris affiliated with NVMeNetworks. It was simply a personal affiliation, one that shouldn't be linked with business. Hostaris' management is entirely different from NVMeNetworks. We own our hardware, @covent has explained and many of our other clients would say the same, our customer service is excellent and we try our best to make our clients satisfied. We did not expect this to drag out so far as we genuinely thought Blake was not coming back, as stated above, if he would like to message me about the domain I am open for conversation.

If the domain hadn’t been ‘hijacked’ why would he need to send an email stating it had? By then reclaiming the domain you pretty much did the one thing that could prove what they’re saying to be true.

Also reclaiming the domain within such as short time just because some clients were asking about migration and he looked like he was out seems a bit rash, as is having someone else provide access to the systems of an unrelated business. 🤷‍♂️

We originally owned the domain, we had evidence of him telling multiple people that NVMeNetworks has to die and if he takes over it will be bad. We were 100% certain at the time that he was not coming back whatsoever. I personally think he is still not coming back as this is just a jealousy stunt because his company isn't doing well. This is obviously my own opinion so don't quote it.

Then let it die, wait a reasonable amount of time and repurpose the domain if you desire. Wading in as things are going down doesn’t look good for anyone.

• HostarisHostaris Hosting Provider
    edited February 2023

@adly said:

@Hostaris said:

@adly said:

@Hostaris said:

@dosai said:
    So basically, kids hanging out on discord decided to become CEOs.

I've tried to handle this the best I can - never been in this type of situation before. We got dragged into this. Gotta cut me some slack :/

@TheDP said:

@Nekki said:
    How do NVMEs have networks? Makes no sense.

And yet they're "fighting" over the name :smiley:

We are not fighting over the name. We reclaimed that domain in the sense that Blake wasn't using it anymore as we had clear evidence he did not want to come back. If he would like to have that domain back, by all means, he can. But it's crossing a line when he emails from WHMCS stating that we've 'hijacked' his domain and I would like for this to be rectified.

@hotsnow said:
    Virtfusion panel down again :#

Looks as if they've forcefully canceled everything they have as my access dropped and the IPs are not pingable.

@covent said:
    I have no rep here so feel free to ignore me if it bothers you. But to be honest @Hostaris has been great so far (yes I have a VPS from them) and despite their young age they are very mature when it comes to customer service, almost over enthusiast when I compare to more traditional providers. I think that tendency has got them somehow mixed in this also.

The domain/website thing was a bit weird, maybe they should have just taken the site down without that manifest and keep helping people migrate over to other providers. Other than that, it seems their intentions were good (I know they're trying to get new customers themselves while at it but isn't everybody..)

Thank you, it is nice to know that there are some considerate people here. While I admit the move with the domain was a tad strange - at the time (3AM in the morning), I felt I had to as he had already emailed his clients stating that the domain has been stolen and many of NVMe's clients/past-clients are also a client of Hostaris so we had to clear up the misinformation.

@Justiceserv said:
    So... the only affiliation between hostaris and nvmenetwork is domain ownership...? Or am I missing something :/

On the 18th we requested access to infrastructure from Samuel C (not to be confused with my colleague Samuel B ) as Blake appeared to have disappeared. We did this because we had numerous clients requesting that we migrate their images for them. Before that date, the only affiliation we had was via Discord. We had been given "roles" in their server. In no way, shape, or form is Hostaris affiliated with NVMeNetworks. It was simply a personal affiliation, one that shouldn't be linked with business. Hostaris' management is entirely different from NVMeNetworks. We own our hardware, @covent has explained and many of our other clients would say the same, our customer service is excellent and we try our best to make our clients satisfied. We did not expect this to drag out so far as we genuinely thought Blake was not coming back, as stated above, if he would like to message me about the domain I am open for conversation.

If the domain hadn’t been ‘hijacked’ why would he need to send an email stating it had? By then reclaiming the domain you pretty much did the one thing that could prove what they’re saying to be true.

Also reclaiming the domain within such as short time just because some clients were asking about migration and he looked like he was out seems a bit rash, as is having someone else provide access to the systems of an unrelated business. 🤷‍♂️

We originally owned the domain, we had evidence of him telling multiple people that NVMeNetworks has to die and if he takes over it will be bad. We were 100% certain at the time that he was not coming back whatsoever. I personally think he is still not coming back as this is just a jealousy stunt because his company isn't doing well. This is obviously my own opinion so don't quote it.

Then let it die, wait a reasonable amount of time and repurpose the domain if you desire. Wading in as things are going down doesn’t look good for anyone.

I agree with you here, it was quite quick that we decided to do this. The main reasoning behind it was down to the emails he sent to his clients - we had the option to stop him from sending emails entirely so we took it.

As I've said, he can DM me here or on Discord to talk about the domain

• @Hostaris said:

@Jab said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:
    Now is probably the right time to ask about @Hostaris involvement and theirs future...

We're friends of NVMe's owner (...)

We do not share anything in common - the only involvement we had beforehand in NVMe was as Discord administrator.

-- 24 hours later --

The domain "nvmenetworks.com" is an asset owned by Hostaris Limited.

Welp.

I don’t feel owning a domain means I’m associated with them. Namecheap could own my domain - doesn’t mean I work with them.

You keep using word 'reclaimed' domain. In hosting industry we use term 'hijacked' not 'reclaimed'.
    So you hijacked domain, right?

edited February 2023

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:
    Now is probably the right time to ask about @Hostaris involvement and theirs future...

We do not share anything in common - the only involvement we had beforehand in NVMe was as Discord administrator.

-- 24 hours later --

Welp.

I don’t feel owning a domain means I’m associated with them. Namecheap could own my domain - doesn’t mean I work with them.

You keep using word 'reclaimed' domain. In hosting industry we use term 'hijacked' not 'reclaimed'.

If you would like to say it like that, sure, but "hijack" refers to a forceful takeover. We simply acted in our interests at the time which were to stop him from emailing his clients. The domain was owned by us, on our Cloudflare.

• @Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:

-- 24 hours later --

Welp.

If you would like to say it like that, sure, but "hijack" refers to a forceful takeover. We simply acted in our interests at the time which were to stop him from emailing his clients. The domain was owned by us, on our Cloudflare.

Why he should not mail HIS own clients and how this justify domain hijacking?

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:

-- 24 hours later --

Welp.

He was emailing his clients making up accusations about Hostaris. We have not stolen their domain, you cannot steal something that is your own.

• @Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:

-- 24 hours later --

Welp.

He was emailing his clients making up accusations about Hostaris. We have not stolen their domain, you cannot steal something that is your own.

So you paid for the domain registration and just allowed him to use your domain for his business?

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:

-- 24 hours later --

Welp.

So you paid for the domain registration and just allowed him to use your domain for his business?

Correct. Sam B originally ordered the domain last year and as it was not in use, Blake started using it.

• @Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:

-- 24 hours later --

Welp.

Correct. Sam B originally ordered the domain last year and as it was not in use, Blake started using it.

So this Sam B 'ordered' domain for himself, for his personal usage?

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:

-- 24 hours later --

Welp.

Correct, he bought it for his personal use, which went unused.

• @Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:

-- 24 hours later --

Welp.

So technically looking then this other guy Blake 'hijacked' NVMeNetworks.com domain to establish his own NVMeNetworks business around domain owned by other people?
    This sound too silly even for LE* 😏

Thanked by (3)yoursunny terrorgen ralf

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Mumbly said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:

@Hostaris said:

@Jab said:

-- 24 hours later --

Welp.

So technically looking then this other guy Blake 'hijacked' NVMeNetworks.com domain to establish his own NVMeNetworks business around domain owned by other people?
    This sound too silly even for LE* 😏

With our initial permission, yes. We could have at any time reclaim, or "hijack" as you call it, that domain. It was within our rights. As we are nice people and can be trustworthy, we kept that domain and continued to allow him access to it up until he had publicly humiliated us.

• nullroutenullroute Hosting Provider

@Hostaris should have your provider tag removed and be banned immediately from this forum, this is disgusting on so many levels. It's just "companies" trying to steal more and more customers.

https://purplehost.com.br - Reliable, secure and affordable game hosting.

edited February 2023

@nullroute said:

@Hostaris should have your provider tag removed and be banned immediately from this forum, this is disgusting on so many levels. It's just "companies" trying to steal more and more customers.

I'm not sure how this is disgusting. Yes, we are a business, we need customers to survive. We are giving out free credits and honoring pricing for clients from NVMeNetworks completely out of pocket. NVMeNetworks.com is our domain and as I have said multiple times, we are within our rights to do this. Many other companies do this in the form of "refugee" and "price-matched" plans.

I have said multiple times that Blake can take the domain back given he emails his clients to rectify the false accusations he had previously emailed to them.

• @Mumbly said:

Technically looking, nobody has hijacked anything. You seem to have a somewhat odd definition of the term 'hijacking'.
    Hijacking a domain means that you seize control over it from its rightful owner, without their consent and against their will. In this case it is very obvious that Hostaris was the rightful owner of the domain and has been so all along.
    As I understand it, nvmenetworks used the domain with Hostaris consent, so no hijacking.
    The consent was then redrawn, by Hostaris, the rightful owner. Once again, no hijacking.

• transfer the domain to them and stop the drama.

@ascicode said:
    transfer the domain to them and stop the drama.

This is what I have said multiple times, one being 5 minutes ago. I am up to give him the domain as long as he rectifies the false accusations he has made against us to all his clients.

• ^ Begs the question of why anyone in their right mind would base their business off of a domain that they don't own the rights to.
    Feckin' amateurs. :|

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

For the people interested about Blake's maturity

Check our trustpilot: https://trustpilot.com/review/hostaris.com

• edited February 2023

@rcy026 said:

@Mumbly said:

Technically looking, nobody has hijacked anything. You seem to have a somewhat odd definition of the term 'hijacking'.
    Hijacking a domain means that you seize control over it from its rightful owner, without their consent and against their will. In this case it is very obvious that Hostaris was the rightful owner of the domain and has been so all along.
    As I understand it, nvmenetworks used the domain with Hostaris consent, so no hijacking.
    The consent was then redrawn, by Hostaris, the rightful owner. Once again, no hijacking.

Nah, you have odd understanding why I posted it that way. That was sarcasm. Something is telling me that this drama isn't over yet and you will get it eventually.
    Unless you really believe that someone concentrated his business around domain knowingly that it's just temporarily and it will be taken away one day. Ah come on... 😆

• OK send me the domain but I bet you won't all lies

• You had no rights to change the dns to the domain

@NVMeNetworks said:
    OK send me the domain but I bet you won't all lies

Send another email and tell your clients to delete their reviews.

• NVMeNetworksNVMeNetworks Retired
    edited February 2023

Once I have full ownership

@NVMeNetworks said:
    You had no rights to change the dns to the domain

The domain is rightfully ours as @rcy026 has stated.

@NVMeNetworks said:

Sorry, we're not transferring the domain then.

• @Hostaris said:

@NVMeNetworks said:

Sorry, we're not transferring the domain then.

Then the reviews stay

• This is idiot-level drama.

Seriously, both sides should be banned just for being absolute melts.

Simply email your clients and you've got yourself a domain that isn't supposed to be yours in the first place.

• @Nekki said:
    This is idiot-level drama.

Seriously, both sides should be banned just for being absolute melts.

Agreed

This discussion has been closed.