FastestVPN Lifetime Deal 10 Multi Connections $13.49

Seems like a good deal. Normal price $40

https://www.just99.com/products/fastestvpn
Take 10% off with coupon code NEWOFF

/Tom

Comments

• Lifetime deals rarely last for more then 1 year. Hope they'll stay around for longer.

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited April 2023

@somik said:
    Lifetime deals rarely last for more then 1 year. Hope they'll stay around for longer.

I've got Keepsolid Lifetime since 2016, Ivacy Lifetime since 2017, Windscribe Lifetime since 2018, FastestVPN lifetime since 2018. Some DO stick around :)

• @Ympker said:

@somik said:
    Lifetime deals rarely last for more then 1 year. Hope they'll stay around for longer.

I've got Keepsolid Lifetime since 2016, Ivacy Lifetime since 2017, Windscribe Lifetime since 2018, FastestVPN lifetime since 2018. Some DO stick around :)

if you want to keep just one for the rest of your life :) which will it be?

Thanked by (1)sh97
    edited April 2023

@ehab said:

@Ympker said:

@somik said:

if you want to keep just one for the rest of your life :) which will it be?

Probably Keepsolid. It's been solid and kinda my first lifetime vpn :) Windscribe has some neat extra features (which I don't use much), however I get better speeds with Keepsolid and I like how they put lifetime instead of an expiry date. Windscribe sets an expiry date (which automatically gets renewed for free, though).

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • Is this just99 site legit/reliable as stacksocial? Hearing this for the first time, but interested in the deal!

• @Ympker said:

@somik said:

Lucky you!

The only lifetime deal I am still holding is from "cheathappens", which i got in 2007. The rest (vpn, hosting, vps, filehost) all went out of business in just 1 year or less...

Thanked by (1)Ympker

• @sh97 said:
    Is this just99 site legit/reliable as stacksocial? Hearing this for the first time, but interested in the deal!

Never heard of them. I was Googling for a ~$20 deal and this came up. They give an instant voucher you can redeem at https://fastestvpn.com/just99

Seems legit. Shows Expiry date 0000-00-00 in the user panel .

Thanked by (2)sh97 nick_

@somik said:

@Ympker said:

@somik said:

Lucky you!

The only lifetime deal I am still holding is from "cheathappens", which i got in 2007. The rest (vpn, hosting, vps, filehost) all went out of business in just 1 year or less...

If I've learned anything from hoarding lifetime deals it's to do your due research before ordering in order to assess how long the service provider has been in business, what their reputation is and whether they are likely to vanish soon, or not.

• @Ympker said:

@somik said:

@Ympker said:

@somik said:

Lucky you!

If I've learned anything from hoarding lifetime deals it's to do your due research before ordering in order to assess how long the service provider has been in business, what their reputation is and whether they are likely to vanish soon, or not.

Agree with you there. But the thing is most aged providers do not offer lifetime deals and many startup companies provide them as a way to promote their business. Issue being many of these startups either cannot keep up with the demands and go under or were scams to begin with...

@somik said:

@Ympker said:

@somik said:

@Ympker said:

@somik said:

Lucky you!

Agree with you there. But the thing is most aged providers do not offer lifetime deals and many startup companies provide them as a way to promote their business. Issue being many of these startups either cannot keep up with the demands and go under or were scams to begin with...

In that case I usually only buy lifetime deals from those (few) established providers that exist, or startup if I want to gamble/support them.
    pCloud and Koofr are other long standing lifetime providers.

• Lifetime deals

Nothing last forever

Thanked by (1)ehab

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

Lifetime deals

Nothing last forever

only true love.

Thanked by (1)bdl
  • @ehab said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

Lifetime deals

Nothing last forever

only true love.

Especially true love.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • rootroot OG
    edited April 2023

Some lifetime deals last for quite a long time. For example CheatHappens lifetimes still work since 2007. I also have a FastestVPN lifetime since 2019 which still works.

Keep in mind: lifetime also depends of life of company itself. If politicians decide to destroy economies worldwide for some big corporations, then small and medium businesses will sink, with or without lifetime offers.

I have seen many companies without lifetimes which went down even though they had lots of fans and huge trust (NexusBytes as an example from the top of my head). I have also seen a companies which offered lifetimes and they still surprisingly survive (take MyW.pt @MikePT as an example).

I consider lifetimes more as an investment into a company, since many companies need lots of cash to invest at start and absorb it later as technology evolves. As an example: if one invests into a lifetime storage plan from Koofr with 1TB now, that 1 terabyte might become irrelevant for the storage company later as technology evolves towards petabytes or exabytes of storage.

As mentioned, the only issue in this lifetime thinking comes from politicians which can trigger economic conflicts and technological brakes onto computational evolution, messing up with predictions and calculations of investors. This is done for the sake of corporations which wish to absorb their own big investments (like the ones who bought lots of HDDs even when Chia was a thing, or like the ones who bought lots of IPv4 addresses to artificially increase prices which in turn triggered more use of NAT, VPNs and dynamic IPv4 addresses from ISPs).

TL;DR - Lifetime is an investment, or a bet, depending how you look at it. I find it as an interesting and fun technological gamble.

Thanked by (2)Ympker someTom

How are you... online?

• rootroot OG
    edited April 2023

FastestVPN is great. It works. This is a great offer, but sadly I already have 2 lifetimes from them (sadly in the sense that I do not need more).

I highly recommend FastestVPN.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

How are you... online?

@root said:
    Some lifetime deals last for quite a long time. For example CheatHappens lifetimes still work since 2007. I also have a FastestVPN lifetime since 2019 which still works.

Keep in mind: lifetime also depends of life of company itself. If politicians decide to destroy economies worldwide for some big corporations, then small and medium businesses will sink, with or without lifetime offers.

I have seen many companies without lifetimes which went down even though they had lots of fans and huge trust (NexusBytes as an example from the top of my head). I have also seen a companies which offered lifetimes and they still surprisingly survive (take MyW.pt @MikePT as an example).

I consider lifetimes more as an investment into a company, since many companies need lots of cash to invest at start and absorb it later as technology evolves. As an example: if one invests into a lifetime storage plan from Koofr with 1TB now, that 1 terabyte might become irrelevant for the storage company later as technology evolves towards petabytes or exabytes of storage.

As mentioned, the only issue in this lifetime thinking comes from politicians which can trigger economic conflicts and technological brakes onto computational evolution, messing up with predictions and calculations of investors. This is done for the sake of corporations which wish to absorb their own big investments (like the ones who bought lots of HDDs even when Chia was a thing, or like the ones who bought lots of IPv4 addresses to artificially increase prices which in turn triggered more use of NAT, VPNs and dynamic IPv4 addresses from ISPs).

TL;DR - Lifetime is an investment, or a bet, depending how you look at it. I find it as an interesting and fun technological gamble.

I think sometimes that it would be so much easier if it was called "one-time charge". Nobody would complain. But lifetime, everyone's on the fence. It's an investment, a gamble if you will. So far, I've gambled quite good it seems. If any of my Lifetimes close shop all have been worth their cost already.

Thanked by (1)root
  • @Ympker said:

@root said:

I think sometimes that it would be so much easier if it was called "one-time charge". Nobody would complain. But lifetime, everyone's on the fence. It's an investment, a gamble if you will. So far, I've gambled quite good it seems. If any of my Lifetimes close shop all have been worth their cost already.

You are absolutely right. "One time charge" should have a much more practical meaning, but "lifetime" sounds much better from an advertising perspective. :smile:

Thanked by (1)Ympker

How are you... online?

@root said:

@Ympker said:

@root said:

You are absolutely right. "One time charge" should have a much more practical meaning, but "lifetime" sounds much better from an advertising perspective. :smile:

Totally agree.

Thanked by (1)root
  • Meanwhile: this offer from FastestVPN is cheap. To anyone who does have a FastestVPN lifetime plan, now would be a great time to grab it.

How are you... online?

• Is the deal over? I'm only seeing 39.99 without promo code.

• @grove4732 said:
    Is the deal over? I'm only seeing 39.99 without promo code.

Same, but the banner on the top of the site still declares the 14.99 deal. Missed out on this one I guess.

• rootroot OG
    edited April 2023

Congratulations to whomever got it. This was a great deal.

How are you... online?