[Resolved] limewave situation

edited November 2023 in Outages

Tldr; Nameservers down. Portal inaccessible.

Comments

• I agree. I also use limewave VPS but lost response. I am also unable to connect to limewave web.

BALLOON | FU-SEN from Japan - You may know me from other places...

• Deadpool ?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Dvo said:
    Looks like a power issue, waiting for the NOC to get back to me.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• This is total failure on provider side. Nameservers hosted on same subnet(?) and same DC. All infra affected. Such a trivial thing to mitigate at the start of business... And my NS1 hosted on their servers. Fak me :(

• Looks like it's online. It was a short time.

BALLOON | FU-SEN from Japan - You may know me from other places...

• Yes, it is back online. As always, billions was lost during the outage... Take care folks.

• @legendary said:
    Yes, it is back online. As always, billions was lost during the outage

Man, I feel sorry for you, others lost just millions, not billions like you did. :cry:

Thanked by (2)FrankZ legendary

How are you... online?

• @legendary said:
    This is total failure on provider side. Nameservers hosted on same subnet(?) and same DC. All infra affected. Such a trivial thing to mitigate at the start of business... And my NS1 hosted on their servers. Fak me :(

Yes, their email is hosted on their own network as well, so nothing works if their network dies, not that smart.

• This is lowend, but still, basic redundancy is both cheap and easy.
    Having a secondary nameserver and mx hosted elsewhere is literally a couple of dollars a month, and a lifetime webhosting to put a backup website on is a onetime fee like the cost of a lunch. Technically it should not be a challenge for anyone in this business.

• Glad they are ok

• edited November 2023

@legendary said:

tl;dr does not mean original post deleted. What about the people who come late at a party and are interested about all the drama that transpired? What about their feelings? One has to be considerate enough and not just eat all the sausages and not leave at least one sausage for their fellow friendlies. :pensive:

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2023

@Janevski said:

@legendary said:

tl;dr does not mean original post deleted. What about the people who come late at a party and are interested about all the drama that transpired? What about their feelings? One has to be considerate enough and not just eat all the sausages and not leave at least one sausage for their fellow friendlies. :pensive:

Please excuse my jumping in here, but the only edit that was done to the OP was me adding "[Resolved]" to the title.

Thanked by (2)Wonder_Woman Janevski

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@Janevski said:

@legendary said:

Please excuse my jumping in here, but the only edit that was done to the OP was me adding "[Resolved]" to the title.

Fake news! It was obviously the CIA taking over Limewave so they can monitor the traffic flow of foreign nationals. Now @FrankZ 's sweeping the whole thing under the rug. It's a conspiracy I tell you! And you can't believe the MSM. They're completely controlled by the extra-terrestrials and the CIA is bribing them with English Premier League tickets to not report on this ( ET's are notorious Mann U fanatics ).

( giggle ) Sorry, I can't even continue .....

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @FrankZ said:

@Janevski said:

@legendary said:

In that case, @legendary You have my deepest and most honest appology for accusing you of not sharing sausages and original post deletion.

• Nothing was deleted, edited, reencoded or altered by me. Title modified by mods.

• Blame the mods, always the mods.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png