Are proxy servers are hackable?

In what ways may proxy servers be strengthened against cyberattacks? If a proxy server hack is successful, what may be the possible outcomes? When a proxy server is compromised, how can users tell whether it has been compromised? If security is a top priority, what are the alternatives to employing proxy servers?

Comments

• Newbie “growth hacker” or hosting tag aspirant ?

Thanked by (1)techdragon

Squats are the new Push-ups

• LoL gave me severe diarrhea this time

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• It used to be google, but now maybe chat.openai.com would be a good place to start.

• Or are you working on a school project perhaps; you don't know Rambo by chance?

• To strengthen proxy servers against cyberattacks:
    1. Regular Updates: Ensure the proxy server software is up-to-date with the latest security patches.
    2. Authentication Measures: Implement strong authentication methods to restrict unauthorized access.

If a proxy server is successfully hacked, possible outcomes may include data breach and traffic manipulation.

• @darb said:
    It used to be google, but now maybe chat.openai.com would be a good place to start.

I've actually found CoPilot by Bing to be quite helpful in responding to these types of queries. I have it set up on Skype so I can simply copy and paste the question and within seconds have at least some semblance of an answer.

ProlimeHost Dedicated Servers
    Los Angeles, CA - Denver, CO - Singapore

• edited March 12

@SenseiSteve said:

@darb said:
    It used to be google, but now maybe chat.openai.com would be a good place to start.

I've actually found CoPilot by Bing to be quite helpful in responding to these types of queries. I have it set up on Skype so I can simply copy and paste the question and within seconds have at least some semblance of an answer.

Copilot is being awfully good at the moment. I started to use MS Edge again just for it and to be honest, most likely won't go back to Chrome or whatever other chromium-based variant. Edge for life!

I've been edging from 9-5 and I see no regrets in my new hobby.