Namecrane is live

2»

Comments

• @SocksAreComfortable said:
    Anyone have a "one month later" review of any sort? I know they have a good reputation for the VPS side so I'm tempted to move all my sites over...

Rock solid, fast - been slowly shifting sites from various places and it's all good.

Now if Fran can stop fiddling with cPanel tools long enough to sort out IPv6, it'll be perfect :-)

Thanked by (1)SocksAreComfortable
  • @SocksAreComfortable said:
    Anyone have a "one month later" review of any sort? I know they have a good reputation for the VPS side so I'm tempted to move all my sites over...

UK Crate is running very well. Thanks @Francisco

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

We've upgraded our Migration Center to now support cPanel -> DirectAdmin migrations! This is fully self serve, just provide your remote cPanel user/reseller and it'll pull a backup, convert, and restore.

There is no limit on account count, or size, when doing these migrations.

Next up is probably some sort of IMAP migrations. Getting cPanel -> DirectAdmin was a big one off our plate.

Francisco

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

@Francisco said:
    We've upgraded our Migration Center to now support cPanel -> DirectAdmin migrations! This is fully self serve, just provide your remote cPanel user/reseller and it'll pull a backup, convert, and restore.

There is no limit on account count, or size, when doing these migrations.

Next up is probably some sort of IMAP migrations. Getting cPanel -> DirectAdmin was a big one off our plate.

Francisco

Great wank! I mean work.

• edited May 12

@Francisco @NameCrane What are the next exciting changes that will be coming up (and when)?

@Joseph said:
    @Francisco @NameCrane What are the next exciting changes that will be coming up (and when)?

Getting the DA converter in place was a huge one off the plate. We've had more than a few users come by wanting to move 50 - 150 accounts at a time to DA. Doing that all by hand is grueling, so getting it automated means I don't have to keep an open tab in Mike & Mateus' local bars for them.

I need to shift some time to the email relays. While we're using mailbaby and its been good, we've had to turn away more than a few users because their mail usage would cost us more than they'll pay in.

Mike's been working with Lagom to get the website content figured out so they can build our new site.

Francisco

Thanked by (2)Joseph treesmokah
  • Maybe some kind of "Replication" ? :-) ... Same website on multiple DC... Don't know if DA support this

Thanked by (1)treesmokah
  • @Francisco said: I need to shift some time to the email relays. While we're using mailbaby and its been good, we've had to turn away more than a few users because their mail usage would cost us more than they'll pay in.

Self hosted? Or switching services?

• @caracal said:

@Francisco said: I need to shift some time to the email relays. While we're using mailbaby and its been good, we've had to turn away more than a few users because their mail usage would cost us more than they'll pay in.

Self hosted? Or switching services?

Hosting our own, with help/insights from Jarland (MXRoute) and having mail.baby as the fallback.

Thanked by (2)treesmokah caracal
  • edited May 16

Any news from ICANN? Can't wait for registar service from Namecrane ;)

@risturiz said:
    Maybe some kind of "Replication" ? :-) ... Same website on multiple DC... Don't know if DA support this

I would love me some Anycasted webhosting ngl.

• @treesmokah said:

Nada. Trust me that when there's progress, everyone will hear about it.

Thanked by (1)treesmokah

@treesmokah said:

@risturiz said:
    Maybe some kind of "Replication" ? :-) ... Same website on multiple DC... Don't know if DA support this

Dynamic content would be off the menu on that. It'd basically be CDN'd static content basically.

Francisco

Thanked by (1)treesmokah
  • @Francisco said:

@treesmokah said:

@risturiz said:

Dynamic content would be off the menu on that. It'd basically be CDN'd static content basically.

Francisco

How about clustered and distributed SQL? It would be "doable".