Refer-A-Friend with Mango Mail

MangoMailMangoMail Services Provider
edited March 23 in Offers

Referral Program

Mango Mail now has its very own referral program, Refer-A-Friend. You can earn free months simply by spreading the word! All you have to do is share your unique referral link with your friend, and both of you will get a free month of service!

Here's how to get started:
1. Sign into your Mango Dashboard, click Account, then click Refer-A-Friend
2. Copy your unique referral link and share it with your friends
3. Get rewarded once your friend chooses a plan

Spring Sale

Mango Mail's Spring Sale is ending soon (March 31st). Don't miss out on 3 FREE MONTHS of professional email hosting. Your free months will automatically be added at checkout when you pick a plan before March 31st.

About Us

Mango Mail is an affordable email host tailored for small businesses. We charge based on data usage instead of number of users, allowing you to create as many addresses and connect as many domains as you need. We pride ourselves on ease-of-us, reliable service, and fast customer support. Mango Mail comes with advanced features including Custom Filters, Aliases, Cross-Domain Aliases, Catch-Alls, Plus Addressing, Subdomain Addressing, and more. We also have countless guides and tutorials to help customers every step of the way.

Comments

• MangoMailMangoMail Services Provider
    edited March 25
  • You should try having Black Friday like sales.

• @MangoMail said:

Referral Program

Mango Mail now has its very own referral program, Refer-A-Friend. You can earn free months simply by spreading the word! All you have to do is share your unique referral link with your friend, and both of you will get a free month of service!

Why is all your domain and contact info Privacy redacted? Very hard to trust ones email with a company that hides this info.

And your website... That is an assault on the senses. Really need to hire a web designer.

Why is all your domain and contact info Privacy redacted? Very hard to trust ones email with a company that hides this info.

All of our company information is available on the website. Since we are a registered company with the state of Florida, it's a bit of a stretch to say we are hiding :)

And your website... That is an assault on the senses. Really need to hire a web designer.

Could you send a screenshot of which part is unfavorable? We've mostly heard positive feedback on our landing page, so I'd love to see what we could improve on.

@Weblogics I take it that you're using WHOIS data to determine "legitimacy", but this is a flawed tactic. Considering most registrars turn on privacy protection by default, you'll find that most domains also have this data "redacted for privacy". Other companies including, MXRoute, Fastmail, and even Stripe also have the very same data saying "redacted for privacy".

If you want to learn more about a company, you should rely on the actual state documentation (or else they wouldn't be a company) and not just the domain which is rather meaningless.

Thanked by (1)SocksAreComfortable
  • edited March 27

E> @MangoMail said:

If you want to learn more about a company, you should rely on the actual state documentation (or else they wouldn't be a company) and not just the domain which is rather meaningless.

From what I can see on your website, there no info on who owns Mangomail. If I'm mistaken on that, please correct me. And expecting anyone to look up "state documentation" to find ownership of a company is a bit much.

At least it is known who owns Fastmail, and we all know who owns Mxroute.

@Weblogics said:
    From what I can see on your website, there no info on who owns Mangomail. If I'm mistaken on that, please correct me.

State documentation: http://search.sunbiz.org/Inquiry/CorporationSearch/SearchResultDetail?inquirytype=EntityName&directionType=Initial&searchNameOrder=MANGOMAIL L230004941990&aggregateId=flal-l23000494199-14d5d3c0-b3db-4837-97b4-27a24cbe9bea&searchTerm=mango mail&listNameOrder=MANGOMAIL L230004941990

And expecting anyone to look up "state documentation" to find ownership of a company is a bit much.

Looking up ICANN records is not much different from looking up company records. The reason I bring up Stripe, MXroute, and Fastmail is that it proves the inconsistency of your "validation" methods. It is a bit of a double standard.

• edited March 28

@MangoMail said:

And expecting anyone to look up "state documentation" to find ownership of a company is a bit much.

Looking up ICANN records is not much different from looking up company records. The reason I bring up Stripe, MXroute, and Fastmail is that it proves the inconsistency of your "validation" methods. It is a bit of a double standard.

Not quite. I first looked on your website for company info and I did not see anything. i then did a whois search, and all info is redacted. Providers expect customers to provide their personal info to signup for services. In return, there is an equal expectation that customers also have the right to know the ownership of a company of whom they are entrusting with their personal info. That was the point I should have made more clear earlier. In any case, thanks for taking the time to reply.

@Weblogics said:

@MangoMail said:

Not quite. I first looked on your website for company info and I did not see anything. i then did a whois search, and all info is redacted. Providers expect customers to provide their personal info to signup for services. In return, there is an equal expectation that customers also have the right to know the ownership of a company of whom they are entrusting with their personal info. That was the point I should have made more clear earlier. In any case, thanks for taking the time to reply.

I understand. It can definitely be confusing if you don't know where to look for each state's company info.

As for the landing page, we really would love to know how we can improve. We're always looking for feedback on the UI and experience. Was it a compatibility issue or more aesthetic?

• edited March 28

For whatever it's worth (from someone who bought an account in December but hasn't started to use it yet, lol), I like the page for the most part. My only suggestion would be to slightly reduce the size of the "PROFESSIONAL EMAIL" font (like 10-20%) and to make the top "section" (with the green background) end slightly earlier, so it looks like there is something underneath (which if you just downscaled the section to reduce the font, that would accomplish said reduction). The font is just a little uncomfortably big, almost seems a bit ad-like (which I mean sure, technically it is I guess, but I digress). Basically, let your h2 be h2 instead of making it h1.

The reason I say the part about the green is because this is what the site looks like for me in my normal browser (Firefox on WIndows, with uBlock Origin running, no idea if it's blocking anything relevant or not, 1080p 17-inch laptop):

To my eye, I can't tell that the page is scrollable. Yes, my brain tells me most pages are, but that's only because I pay attention to how a lot of websites are designed these days. But a sliver of white at the bottom, or maybe even enough to see just the top few pixels of the picture in that section, would tell me to scroll for more.

Take all that with a grain of salt; I'm not a designer by any stretch of the imagination, and it's just my initial thought glancing at the site. Also, I think that ICANN privacy is perfectly acceptable for both personal and small business sites. If you grow to be big enough to have an IT department or own your own datacenters, then sure, put an actual admin contact in there.

Edit: Oh, and the dashboard section is great, UI wise!

@SocksAreComfortable said:
    For whatever it's worth (from someone who bought an account in December but hasn't started to use it yet, lol), I like the page for the most part. My only suggestion would be to slightly reduce the size of the font (like 10-20%) and to make the top "section" (with the green background) end slightly earlier, so it looks like there is something underneath (which if you just downscaled the section to reduce the font, that would accomplish said reduction). The font is just a little uncomfortably big, almost seems a bit ad-like (which I mean sure, technically it is I guess, but I digress).

The reason I say the part about the green is because this is what the site looks like for me in my normal browser (Firefox on WIndows, with uBlock Origin running, no idea if it's blocking anything relevant or not, 1080p 17-inch laptop):

To my eye, I can't tell that the page is scrollable. Yes, my brain tells me most pages are, but that's only because I pay attention to how a lot of websites are designed these days. But a sliver of white at the bottom, or maybe even enough to see just the top few pixels of the picture in that section, would tell me to scroll for more.

Take all that with a grain of salt; I'm not a designer by any stretch of the imagination, and it's just my initial thought glancing at the site. Also, I think that ICANN privacy is perfectly acceptable for both personal and small business sites. If you grow to be big enough to have an IT department or own your own datacenters, then sure, put an actual admin contact in there.

Thanks so much for all your feedback! When I saw your screenshot, even I thought it wasn't scrollable. I think it might have to do with the fact that there is no scrollbar showing. Is this the latest version of Firefox? Is it Windows 11 or 10? Funny thing is that the main section dynamically resizes to make sure there is no white sliver 😂. But we'll reconsider this if the scrollbar issue is prevalent.

• @MangoMail said:
    Thanks so much for all your feedback! When I saw your screenshot, even I thought it wasn't scrollable. I think it might have to do with the fact that there is no scrollbar showing. Is this the latest version of Firefox? Is it Windows 11 or 10? Funny thing is that the main section dynamically resizes to make sure there is no white sliver 😂. But we'll reconsider this if the scrollbar issue is prevalent.

First off....what if I told you that the scroll bar IS visible in that picture, and that I personally hate the Firefox scroll bar, lol. It's tiny, thin, and too easy to lose. And it's the latest stable version, 124.0.1 as of this post, on Windows 11.

(and second I edited my comment to add a few details and explanations, depending on when you saw it)

@SocksAreComfortable said:

@MangoMail said:

First off....what if I told you that the scroll bar IS visible in that picture, and that I personally hate the Firefox scroll bar, lol. It's tiny, thin, and too easy to lose. And it's the latest stable version, 124.0.1 as of this post, on Windows 11.

(and second I edited my comment to add a few details and explanations, depending on when you saw it)

I saw the edit and very much appreciate it! Honestly, we really do value feedback from regular user (dev or not) because that's what matters the most at the end of the day. As for the scrollbar... wow... I couldn't believe when you said it was in the picture. I'm 99% sure this is Windows 11 though. Nevertheless, we might be able to do some magic with a custom scrollbar for the site so it's more obvious there is more content.

• @MangoMail said:
    I saw the edit and very much appreciate it! Honestly, we really do value feedback from regular user (dev or not) because that's what matters the most at the end of the day. As for the scrollbar... wow... I couldn't believe when you said it was in the picture. I'm 99% sure this is Windows 11 though. Nevertheless, we might be able to do some magic with a custom scrollbar for the site so it's more obvious there is more content.

Lol yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. I have no idea if it's Windows 11 doing it or not, and of course Firefox is it's own thing, but Chrome and Edge have more normal scroll bars, so who knows!

• How does Mango Mail compare with MXRoute? Pros and cons.

@Joseph said:
    How does Mango Mail compare with MXRoute? Pros and cons.

The main advantage with Mango Mail is ease-of-use. It's incredibly quick and easy to create and manage all your emails across all your domains with Mango. Our affordability also makes it easier for small businesses to get started with us without breaking the bank.

Thanked by (1)Joseph

@Amadex said:
    i dont hev frends :(

I'm sure that's not true :)