Any feedback on Aurologic?

HostMayoHostMayo Hosting Provider

The colo prices of these guys are insanely cheap https://aurologic.com/colocation/.
Cheaper than any other option I could find. Can anyone provide me feedback on them?
@treesmokah shared his bad experience with them. Would like to know if anyone else has experienced them?

Comments

• i can only add that when @aurologic was still called fastpipe, the vps were significantly cheaper.

• FatGrizzlyFatGrizzly Hosting Provider

can someone also comment on their combahton/flowproxy features?

• edited April 28

@FatGrizzly said:

as i found out, combahton is not supporting wireguard connections and blocks them by default . So I have problems with my luxvps box

• SGrafSGraf Hosting ProviderServices Provider

@HostMayo said:
    The colo prices of these guys are insanely cheap https://aurologic.com/colocation/.
    Cheaper than any other option I could find. Can anyone provide me feedback on them?
    @treesmokah shared his bad experience with them. Would like to know if anyone else has experienced them?

Dont know them.

However looking at the mentioned page, i see that even for their 1u offerings, the power is billed separately, so keep this in mind power can be a major factor in your monthly cost. You should also look at the cost of add-on traffic, when you run out of your included traffic allowance.

MyRoot.PW ★ Dedicated Servers ★ Web-Hosting ★ LIR-Services ★
    MrVM ★ Virtual Servers ★
    Blesta.Store ★ Blesta licenses and Add-ons at amazing Prices ★

• edited April 29

@FatGrizzly said:

I have used them early, so I don't know if that's still the case. You were able to customize a lot of stuff, block based on payload and a whole bunch of other cool stuff, but the thing was, the ddos protection was extremely aggressive towards traffic it "didn't know". I have ran Tor Relays on their network and it kept constantly flagging the traffic and limiting connections making my relays extremely unstable. Adding custom overrides didn't do much, maybe it was just a placeholder feature back then.

For "normal" usage, it was more than fine. Their ddos protection wasn't bad at all.

Flowproxy as in Layer7 mitigation was extremely basic, you had to upload your own ssl/tls private key to their panel and update it every time it expired. It had a few basic "modes", captcha, having to click, and time based challenge(from what I remember, about this one I'm not sure). Never used it to mitigate big attacks, it was too basic for me.