What do you guys do for a living

Comments

• @NVMeNetworks said:

@Fritz said:

@NVMeNetworks said:
    Lets get to know each other, I'm a chef who works 8-12 hours per day 2 days off per week what do you guys do.

Interesting to see a chef who likes IT world.

What kind of food you like to make?

I work in chain lines, so I've worked at Toby Carvery (Roast Dinners) as being a team leader but now work in Hooden Horse which is like burgers, chicken new yorkers etc, it's all basicly fast food where I am at now :)

I was so sure you were going to say chips.

• @MichaelCee said:
    I am a carer ...

Good on you. We don't appreciate carers enough in the UK.

Keith

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@cybertech said:
    i try to convince people to buy something i dont really believe in, and have no say on how to improve the product.

Insurance?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Ympker said:

@cybertech said:
    i try to convince people to buy something i dont really believe in, and have no say on how to improve the product.

Insurance?

haha no. what i sell indirectly helps clients reduce reliance on insurance, or rather the possibility of having to claim it.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited January 2023

Underpaid embedded ARM C/C++ dev

@yoursunny said: I'm a lamppost inspector

À la lanterne

smartass shitposting satirist

• shitposting 24/7

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @cybertech said:

@Nekki said:
    I work in FinTech. I've done lots of things, front-end dev, infrastructure, architecture, you name it, I've probably done something with it over the years. Jack of all trades, master of none.

interesting. good money?

More money than a kid with fairly average academic results and no higher education to speak of thought he’d be earning, that’s for sure. Lower-end of the market rate, but I've worked here since I was 16 and can't be bothered to move, plus there's always a chance of a decent severance payment.

Thanked by (2)cybertech TODO
  • havochavoc OGContent Writer

I do finance stuff. Spreadsheets with lots of zeros

Thanked by (1)TODO
  • @user123 said: I've worked at Toby Carvery (Roast Dinners)

I've watched this training video enough that I believe in my heart I'm ready for the front lines.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @havoc said:
    I do finance stuff. Spreadsheets with lots of zeros

That sounds like my finances, except I have the zeros at the front.

Thanked by (2)TODO havoc
  • @Nekki said:
    but I've worked here since I was 16

I can't imagine working in one place that long. I think the longest I've survived anywhere is 6 years, but even if I like the company, the culture and the work, I'm always eventually tempted away to somewhere else by the lure of something new and different.

• @ralf said:

@Nekki said:

I can't imagine working in one place that long. I think the longest I've survived anywhere is 6 years, but even if I like the company, the culture and the work, I'm always eventually tempted away to somewhere else by the lure of something new and different.

I'm in my 17th year where I'm at.

The first 5 to 6 years was as usual, going back and forth to the office.

After that, WFH all the way, until today.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @ralf said:

@Nekki said:

I’m on my 8th different role, so I’m changing what I do roughly every 3-4 years. My employer is a huge multi-national so each role is very different just from a people/deliverables perspective anyway, but when you factor in the differences in what I’ve done, I wouldn’t get such an opportunity for variety if I changed employers completely.

The roles I’ve had are:

• Data processing
    • Fraud operative
    • Project Manager
    • Content Manager
    • Front-End Developer
    • Infrastructure Engineer
    • Platform Architect
    • Service Quality Management

Within each role, there’s always extra stuff to do that typically leads me to the next role, for instance as a content manager I worked with the front-end devs a lot, picked stuff up, learned more so I could have intelligent conversations with them and make sure they weren’t in a position to ‘blind me with science’, then eventually became a front-end dev.

• HostSlickHostSlick Hosting Provider

I do Hosting.

And sales for a big telco in germany.

Thanked by (2)Ganonk lapua
  • CalinCalin Hosting Provider

@Janevski said: I am a prostitute, but i work for the love, not for the money.

>

Where are you located? City and Country?

Thanked by (1)Janevski
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

@Calin said:

>

And also your price list please.

Thanked by (1)Janevski
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@MichaelCee said:

@Calin said:

>

And also your price list please.

also bulk discount and off season rates

Thanked by (1)Janevski

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• This topic reminded me dialogue from old TV series, which I used to watch:

• Are you a doctor?
    • I am, today.
  • University professor, in a field absolutely unrelated to hosting or computers or tech in general.

• @SocksAreComfortable said:
    University professor, in a field absolutely unrelated to hosting or computers or tech in general.

Particle Physics?

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @AuroraZero said:

@SocksAreComfortable said:
    University professor, in a field absolutely unrelated to hosting or computers or tech in general.

Particle Physics?

Hah, only in the most open-ended interpretation of those two words!

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • I once was a tech journalist, but that was a long time ago.

Now I’m product owner internal networking at one of the largest retailers in the Benelux.

Also, I idle VMs.

• worker at a plastic company
    A monthly salary about CNY 5,000 (700USD)

• skorupionskorupion Services Provider

Currently still looking for a job (hit me up in DMs if you want to hire me)

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

• I'm a delivery driver

• I have done things. Few of them is shameful, but now landed a job at telco and grinding email admin chair. Disgusting job, but payment is good and on time.

My dream job would be like Indiana Jones, travel, eat, smash some faces and coitus with beautiful mature woman. No salary required.

• @legendary said:

My dream job would be like Indiana Jones, travel, eat, smash some faces and coitus with beautiful mature woman. No salary required.

That's a dream life bro, not just a dream job!

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@legendary said: My dream job would be like Indiana Jones, travel, eat, smash some faces and coitus with beautiful mature woman. No salary required.

So your saying you want to be a TimeShare salesman ?

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• I tap keys occasionally and try to do it loudly enough that it sounds like I'm doing real work.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero