VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @VirMach said:

@ruets said:
    Does Virmach simply not send verification emails to disposable address providers?
    Since every company seems to get breached eventually these days, I don't use reuse passwords or give out my real email.
    Plus there's a Facebook tracker embedded in Virmach's email signup field. The cost of convenience on that FB integration I guess, but if Zuckerberg knows about my mystery box I could lose millions. Millions!

I don't even think anyone uses our Facebook integration or that it even works so I should consider removing that.

There's a common reason for what you're describing and you could create a ticket as long as you're not leaving out any other important details such as the common correlations between the issue you're experiencing and people who also tend to have multiple accounts.

Raised Ticket #471566, cheers

• @VirMach said:
    Fine I'll provide some information on DALZ004 and DALZ007. They are clearly cursed and we're trying to break the hex but it's not working out too well. Basically every server that came in from Dallas except these two are functional at the datacenter now (just not reconfigured as that's not a priority for them since they've already been moved off.) There's been three or four hands requests for them so far and if this last one doesn't work they're going to have to get shipped off again back to us at this point and I'll see if we can just recreate all services including specials if that happens.

Please consider rebuilding the VPS in San Jose or Los Angeles

• I don't get it I mean we all know Virmy is Virmy yet everyone still bitches when he is Virmy? makes no sense to me anymore.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@lesuser said:
    Any update on NYCB?

Yes but we're choosing to not post the update on the network status page or post about it until at least 20 people comment to ask about for one first because otherwise how are we supposed to know people want an update or remember? Wait, what were we talking about again?

@ben said: Please consider rebuilding the VPS in San Jose or Los Angeles

It'd likely be in New York or Atlanta if we did that for everyone.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited November 2023

What is inside the box?

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Flying_Chinaman said: What is inside the box?

Your box is full of NY servers, it will fail to deploy because switch and you will have to wait for next BF for re-deploy.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @VirMach said:

@lesuser said:
    Any update on NYCB?

Yes but we're choosing to not post the update on the network status page or post about it until at least 20 people comment to ask about for one first because otherwise how are we supposed to know people want an update or remember? Wait, what were we talking about again?

@ben said: Please consider rebuilding the VPS in San Jose or Los Angeles

It'd likely be in New York or Atlanta if we did that for everyone.

Going to New York is scarier than waiting.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@Flying_Chinaman said: What is inside the box?

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @VirMach
    Anyone else has an issue with VPS from node "RYZE.LAX-A032.VMS"?

Looks's like the problem solved with the node (Network Status page):

But my VM still offline since this issue. When I try to start it, the SolusVM's response is posiitive "Success! Virtual Server Booted!" but after that the VPS still offline. If I'm not wrong haven't mounted any ISO (but clicked to the 'unomunt' button also).

Thanks for the answer / help!

• so what is the plan and when it is commencing?

• edited November 2023

The vir-nerd finally updated the promo page

https://virmach.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/

Shameless marketing => Early Bird Bonus: Free (n)Optional Standard Support Level

• edited November 2023

BF 2023 - 1GB
    no Ryzen 7000 ☓
    no customer support ☓
    no double bandwidth ☓
    2.5TB ✓

AlphaVPS provide 2vCore 1GB RAM and 10GB NVMe disk for 15eu
    Ryzen 7000 ✓
    Has customer support ✓
    2TB (Free double bandwidth)

Okay I guess the F chad forbid me to mention the purple one's Ryzen 7000
    his 1.5GB plan really is the sweet point,
    But it is located in ClownCrossing and NYC, so still it's no no for Chinaman

Cum'on, nagging one, ya're suppose to be the cheapest in the market!

• grabbed a third in hopes for it to get rid of the stock quicker!

• JabJab
    edited November 2023

@VirMach if you really pushed out the new black friday page you most likely need to nuke cloudflare/quic.cloud cache or something as it's loading 2022 for me :-)

DALZ004 is almost ready. > @Flying_Chinaman said:

BF 2023 - 1GB
    no Ryzen 7000 ☓
    no customer support ☓
    no double bandwidth ☓
    2.5TB ✓

Ryzen 7000 ✓
    Has customer support ✓

Purple daddy's 7000 costs more. I personally don't think it's worth the extra cost. Of course since our plans are different sizes it's difficult to do a one to one comparison for the cheapest plan but their 2GB plan with 40GB disk and 2x 7950 cores, 4TB bandwidth (doubled) is $29 a year. Ours is $25 a year with 3.5TB bandwidth and 35GB disk so it depends on how much you value the extra bandwidth and processing power you'll probably never use but if you divide out the disk 40/35 ours is technically still cheaper per disk, per core, per IP, but not by CPU performance units or bandwidth.

Ours could have been cheaper if we didn't combine Europe in to make price the same for all.

@Jab said:
    @VirMach if you really pushed out the new black friday page you most likely need to nuke cloudflare/quic.cloud cache or something as it's loading 2022 for me :-)

Right now we're in preventing ticket backlog mode for NYC outage and not as concerned with properly posting the offer or clearing the cache. I'll have a look in a couple hours to evaluate what we should do in this awesome scenario since most our immediately available stock was in NYC. Going to work on clearing out space in SJC and ATL and then properly posting the offer with immediate delivery available hopefully before midnight so we can pretend it's still a black friday deal. Hey, we've done worse in the past.

edited November 2023

@Flying_Chinaman said: Cum'on, nagging one, ya're suppose to be the cheapest in the market!

Here I'll tell you what I'll activate Tokyo for the offer for a few minutes a couple times through the next 24 hours. Good luck. I'll be manually activating all the people that actually order within the timeslots so no funny business, otherwise your order's just going to get stuck for a month and then refunded.

Or maybe I'll do it as easter egg offers on the BF thread.

Super limited quantity and I wouldn't do it until we fix the people stuck on TYOC038.

• Update -- datacenter has identified the issue. We've sent in the replacement and looking for other solutions. Please keep in mind it is possible that due to the holiday weekend, outage will extend through Monday. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Fuck :{

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    BF 2023 - 1GB
    no Ryzen 7000 ☓
    no customer support ☓
    no double bandwidth ☓
    2.5TB ✓

Ryzen 7000 ✓
    Has customer support ✓

why aren't you buying from Alpha?

Thanked by (1)dgc1980

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @VirMach said:

@storm said:

@cybertech said:
    you can choose not to renew

Custom special biennial renewal with another year left. I don't care about my 2+ month old data; I just want the service that I already paid for. At this point, the chances of seeing that hardware again are slim unless it's on ebay.

Does no one actually read the network status page?

I'm not saying it's not taking a very long time or whatever other justifiably negative thing you want to say about the situation but it's very clear that the servers are currently at the facility.

@wuyicheng538 said:

@cybertech said:

@wuyicheng538 said:
    Black Friday is here, but DALZ004 and DALZ007, which have been offline for more than three months, still show no signs of recovery.
    I suspect @virmach is not seriously addressing this issue and is instead putting all his energy into Black Friday marketing.
    Oh, poor DALZ users have become abandoned users.

you can choose not to renew

I thought that from the moment an order was placed, everyone had to abide by the spirit of the contract. It is probably not right for businesses to fail to provide stable services but leave consumers to bear the consequences. What do you think?

Out of all the many servers that were stuck in a situation where the provider went out of business with about 18 hour official notice (and I am not excusing the fact that these two should have been obviously backed up and restored sooner) I do believe two servers having a major delay is a lot better than the many other ways it could have gone horribly wrong if we were unable to coordinate the mass immediate collection & migration of physical servers.

We are not refusing to extend service lengths.

We are not refusing to continue providing the service once it returns back online.

The timeline for these has nothing to do with any other business operation that happens during the process.

If these two servers were obliterated, in the end all customers would receive a refund to original payment method if possible or to store credits and we have no intention of not honoring what was sold.

You can obviously complain or provide feedback, it won't speed up the process and I won't be able to provide you with any false assurances you seek. So feel free to continue speaking about it, but it changes nothing.

Well, I admit @virmach made some necessary efforts on DALZ004 and DALZ007. I just hope now that special offer users will also enjoy the right to recreate the service in other regions after being offline for a few months, at least for me, the data is not that important.
    Of course, I can also continue to wait and believe that @virmach can eventually solve the problem.

@Jab said:

Update -- datacenter has identified the issue. We've sent in the replacement and looking for other solutions. Please keep in mind it is possible that due to the holiday weekend, outage will extend through Monday. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience.

Fuck :{

This is completely our fault so it feels extra awful. We've been procrastinating finishing out setting up 2x1Gbps in NYC for some time because of how horribly messy it got and then near end of September I was arranging to send in a second QFX5100 an EX4300 but I assume everyone here is familiar with the VirMach Sooon™ time dilation. They've been ready and I was holding off until we got back power readouts about a week or two ago so it's as usual also a coincidentally missed opportunity that could have actually happened and saved us a lot of grief.

Emails going out as well soon once I check a few other options.

• @VirMach said:
    Here I'll tell you what I'll activate Tokyo for the offer for a few minutes a couple times through the next 24 hours. Good luck. I'll be manually activating all the people that actually order within the timeslots so no funny business, otherwise your order's just going to get stuck for a month and then refunded.

Or maybe I'll do it as easter egg offers on the BF thread.

Super limited quantity and I wouldn't do it until we fix the people stuck on TYOC038.

Where can I see this interesting Tokyo offer? Will it show up at https://virmach.com/black-friday-cyber-monday/?

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• Looking for JP or SG Offers

• Shoot!!

Nyc is down longer than my shower time.

Status.virm.ac is also down.

• @VirMach has been recently so good.

• edited November 2023

@cybertech said: why aren't you buying from Alpha?

Already bought their LAX and LDN

Just hope VirmAche repent and reduce its price

Benefit for everyone!

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Flying_Chinaman said:

Benefit for everyone!

no. i rather he keep prices at sustainable levels

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

@Flying_Chinaman said:

Benefit for everyone!

So wait you bought a 1GB RAM 2 Core Ryzen 7000 service with 10GB NVMe and 4TB bandwidth for 15.99 Euros a year and that's the kind of plan you like and think is worth it? So lower disk amount, oversell processor more but you can burst higher for a shorter period of time, and more bandwidth. Okay I'll take notes so we can avoid ever doing that.

• edited November 2023

@VirMach said: that's the kind of plan you like and think is worth it

Every sorry ass has his own niche; for proxy outbound, Chinaman dare say that's rather worthy.
    Again, BandwagonHost charges me $50 per year for 1 core E5, 512MB RAM, 10GB Disk and 512GB bandwidth, does it sound absurd?

AlphaVPS gets good IP from WebNX, while their CPU is power enough to handle even 1Gbps encrypted reliable UDP inbound and traffic outbound. (2 vCore is even more preferred!)

Chinaman coded a load balancer proxy, which routes all my normal traffic to the entry jump nodes consists of VirmAche, GreenVietcong and V.PS Tokyo. Then all the traffic will be sent to the same outbound node.

@VirMach said: I'll activate Tokyo for the offer for a few minutes a couple times through the next 24 hours

Anyway I would be appreciate it if you could provide $15 Tokyo with
    2vCore
    1 GB RAM
    10GB NVMe
    2TB bandwidth

or $10 Tokyo with
    1v Core
    512 MB RAM
    10GB NVMe
    1TB bandwidth

• @VirMach Man oh man!! Virmach hitting new lows every now and then. :# I see yet another outage in NY. In this year, this is maybe 5th time? I've literally lost count.
    What a garbage service and agonizing experience, I can't fathom how you have not gone bankrupt yet. just blows my mind.

FYI, I don't even use your machine anymore. Just got irritated by all the "down alerts" from my uptime robot and I thought I would come here to warn people to avoid your services.

• edited November 2023

My machines (6x) are suddenly suspended and terminated (1x) after paying all invoices even when invoices are not due yet. It look like the system just put the date a year back supended them and then terminated the machines.
    Yes everything is payed on time, but even when you have a due date in the future it just suddenly can suspend and terminate
    @VirMach please check ticket #953568

Suspension Reason
    Your service was suspended for non-payment. Please pay your invoice. If the invoice is cancelled, please restore invoice/uncancel. This is also the default suspension reason, so if you have already paid, contact us.

Please note, service may be permanently terminated at any time after 12/27/2022 if unpaid.

Why 12/27/2022 , this is one year ago.