RareCloud - Scammers who 3x price of plan, setup email to avoid notices going out
I'm sure these lot have been mentioned before after their little relationship with LowEndBox and LowEndBiloh, but just a heads up.
I purchased a server last year at 32 euro renewal. Since 1-2 months in, never got an email again. The email routes through CloudFlare.
Suddenly get a renewal of 97.50 euros out of nowhere for some crappy VPS I forgot because how underwhelming it is.
Seems they tripled prices, and are using Paypal 'agreements' to steal money out of peoples accounts.
I expected a 32 euro per year renewal if I forgot, not 97.50.
Notified their 'support team' and was denied by the useless 'Sorin'
Just a heads up to avoid the scammers at RareCloud, they will hear that you never got their emails, including password resets because their SPF and DKIM records aren't properly setup, and deny you a refund.

RareCloudFraud and RareCloudScam sites coming as I'll be brushing off the old SEO skills to warn people to stay away from these useless scammers
So I can't login to my account at all, "but enjoy the VPS we billed you without warning for 300%, and remove any settings that stop spam"
They've earned their free SEO and more, bad move Sorin.
- On a level from 9-10 how much are RareCloud scammers who should get what's coming to them?3 votes
- 9  0.00%
- 10100.00%
Comments
Wow... got scammed on lowendbox? cant believe it.
Seriously though... did they actually send the price update notices?
TierHive - Hourly VPS - NAT Native - /24 per customer - DE, UK, SG, CA, USA x4, FR x2, AU, PL, NL, JP
FREE tokens on sign up, try before you buy. | Static Hosting Free for life: https://tierhive.com/static-hosting/
Yup, worse than the amount of icons next to your name.
I wouldn't know, I did not get any emails after 1-2 months. I asked CloudFlare and the SPF / IPs they sent from meant they did not even make it to a spam-box but were rejected. I have no way of knowing.
I tried and can't even get password resets.
This was my RareCloud invoice. I got 1-2 emails from them after, but none after that. It's an email box I use daily for fowarding from CloudFlare.
Still can't get into my account, and to setup a ticket you need an account. So I have no way to login, have not gotten notices of renewal, just woke up to 3x the amount I was told to expect to renew billed, and was told to kick rocks. They're now my pet project.
Well, to be honest, I don't know anything about RareCloud, so I can't really comment, but I do know PayPal, and I find it almost impossible to believe that PayPal would not notify you of the change, and if PayPal did not send you a notification of the change, you likely have a very trivial case to bring to PayPal with an almost guaranteed refund.
That said, sucks either way.
Please remember this is not LEB, though, and let's just keep to the facts rather than make this a rant without receipts.
TierHive - Hourly VPS - NAT Native - /24 per customer - DE, UK, SG, CA, USA x4, FR x2, AU, PL, NL, JP
FREE tokens on sign up, try before you buy. | Static Hosting Free for life: https://tierhive.com/static-hosting/
No notification from Paypal, just posting the facts and look at the screenshots, they're literal receipts.
Not sure what you're on about, happy to post more 'receipts' but I've made things pretty clear.
You have an issue with your email setup then, I know with 100% certainty that if you modify a billing agreement on PayPal's side (directly or via API) PayPal sends the account holder an email with the details of the change. That's what I am on about.
Either way, its a shit way to do it, you get agreement before changing prices; you don't change prices and then say if you don't agree, we will charge you anyway.
call payPal have a conversation, get your money back.
TierHive - Hourly VPS - NAT Native - /24 per customer - DE, UK, SG, CA, USA x4, FR x2, AU, PL, NL, JP
FREE tokens on sign up, try before you buy. | Static Hosting Free for life: https://tierhive.com/static-hosting/
I don't have an issue with my email or Paypal setup.
It's a different email and I get Paypal emails daily. They didn't modify it in any way to notify, they just pulled a different amount. I know that with 100% certainty. Also 2/3 of my posts had receipts and emails.
Already contacted Paypal and have a dispute open, but no - Paypal doesn't always send emails, or the way they did it did not. It was an open agreement.
They did notify about price though. I did receive email about that, and OGF had a topic with a people who also did.
But it looks like they have some issues either way. There was a top-up bonuse (double and triple) followed by a sharp price increase.
Sorry, but that is just not possible; it's pointless to reject reality to make a point; it just makes this look like a rant.
I am telling you, as someone with a LOT of experience on how this works, PayPal absolutely does notify you of changes to billing agreements, its literally a legal requirement. There is no getting around this, and if you are actually correct and PayPal did not send you the notification, then you have nothing to be concerned about; you will 100% get all of your money back and I hope you do.
Nothing personal, but you know... be sensible about this. you are claiming they never sent you an email, others got it, and now you are also claiming PayPal did not notify you of a change to the PAYPAL billing agreement? The common thing here... your email.
TierHive - Hourly VPS - NAT Native - /24 per customer - DE, UK, SG, CA, USA x4, FR x2, AU, PL, NL, JP
FREE tokens on sign up, try before you buy. | Static Hosting Free for life: https://tierhive.com/static-hosting/
FWIW I received those e-mails about upcoming price increases.
export SIGNATURE="just_a_product_of_the_${ENV:-/}"
I have reached out to them for comment, and before I decide what to do with this, clearly they did send emails.
TierHive - Hourly VPS - NAT Native - /24 per customer - DE, UK, SG, CA, USA x4, FR x2, AU, PL, NL, JP
FREE tokens on sign up, try before you buy. | Static Hosting Free for life: https://tierhive.com/static-hosting/
Okay well I have a lot of experience with Paypal and open agreements, and have no notification. I haven't gotten any emails from Paypal when open agreement pricing changes. I'll wait for someone to post their Paypal pricing notification from RareCloud. You seem to be just familiar with WHMCS setup and not open billing agreements.
The common thing here as I mentioned if you had read the last sentence of my first post, was they use blacklisted IPs and have no SPF record. I guess no one else uses CloudFlare forwarding or spam controls, that apparently rejects it. I get all other forwarding fine.
I know you want to race to blame this on me, show me you are the end off all of hosting knowledge, but you aren't. The EMAILS NEVER CAME because they send from blocked IPs and have no SPF on their system. I got this from another email box which is more relaxed. This is why the emails never made it to CloudFlare.
X-Spam-Report:
* 2.0 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
* [Blocked - see https://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?149.72.114.91]
* 0.0 RCVD_IN_MSPIKE_H2 RBL: Average reputation (+2)
* [149.72.114.91 listed in wl.mailspike.net]
* 0.5 SPF_HELO_NONE SPF: HELO does not publish an SPF Record
Yeah, it was them sending email out from Spam blocked IPs and no SPF. Checked source headers from email (non CloudFlare forwarded) and no SPF + SpamCop blocked IP.
Oh well, a .com will be easier to warn people without looking like a casino (what in gods name happened to this interface?)
Sorry to bother!
Hi all, Sorin from RareCloud here.
A few corrections, since the title accuses us of setting up our email so that
notices would not go out.
The price change was announced to the billing address on the account on
4 June, 6 July, 22 July and 4 September. The renewal invoice followed on
13 September and a payment reminder on 23 September. The same emails reached
our other customers, as several of you confirmed above.
The header Kris posted shows that one shared IP of our email provider is on
SpamCop, and that his mail setup rejects anything from such IPs instead of
delivering it to spam. That is a delivery problem between two mail systems,
not a scheme to hide notices. We have no reason to hide a price change we
announced four times.
The renewal was the yearly renewal of an existing service, charged through
the PayPal billing agreement on the account. Our terms give a 14-day refund
window for new services. Renewals are not covered, and we apply that rule to
every customer. The server stays on the account for the full year that was
paid.
His password reset emails were sent four times on 28 September and hit the
same filter. If he writes to us from the account's billing address, we will
move his login to an email address that accepts our mail.
For transparency: in the ticket, the refund demand came with a threat to scan
our network and publish any vulnerabilities he finds, a plan to register
"RareCloudFraud" and "RareCloudScam" sites that he also mentions above, and a
personal message to me: "Be safe, Sorin, Romania is a dangerous place." We have
kept these on record. The PayPal case is open, and we will give PayPal the
notices and the invoice.
Sorin @ Rarecloud.io
RareCloud.io — High-Performance VPS in EU / US / JP / HK
Affordable deals • Fast NVMe • Reliable network
our network and publish any vulnerabilities he finds, a plan to register
"RareCloudFraud" and "RareCloudScam" sites that he also mentions above, and a
personal message to me: "Be safe, Sorin, Romania is a dangerous place." We have
kept these on record. The PayPal case is open, and we will give PayPal the
notices and the invoice.
I am registering RareCloudFraud and RareCloudScam, luckily in this country, it is safer than Romania which is dangerous due to scammers, and we have free speech.
Also, never threatened to network scan, just post stupid things like running ProFTP on your main servers: https://dnsdumpster.com/ - Search rarecloud.io.
Best of luck!
I'm not happy about the price hike either, but they did send out emails about it and I think it's just unfortunate you didn't receive it. I received mine on September 4th.
From what I can tell they didn't intentionally set their DNS up to land in spam, but seems to be a result of using SendGrid (and probably a bad shared IP)?
My self-hosted instance of Addy did "mark" their email as spam (injected a banner at the top of the email), but still forwarded it to my inbox.
One of the headers from my Addy instance seems to imply that DKIM/SPF was set up correctly (redacted hostnames related to my setup with
example.com, everything else is left intact):Note that the SPF domain will be
em5013.rarecloud.io, not the root domain. Common set up for SendGrid.Website: thomassen.sh
1) Sends emails without SPF and continuously fails to deliver to CloudFlare due to spam
2) Refuses refund same day when they saw me trying to login
3) Refused me again this morning.
That earned you the search for stupidity on DNSDumpster, as mentioned, I will not touch your machines, just point out the slap-dash setup and security you have. You will find it all on RareCloudScam, which is protected by US free speech.
If you wanna pull Romanian law, I will pull US law. It's not a crime to search DNSDumpster and see SSH is open to the world on your main servers, it just shows how smart you are, on par with sending emails with no SPF and from blacklisted IPs and wondering why I can't get them.
I gave you 2 days to solve this amicably, you chose this route. I'll email when RareCloudScam and RareCloudFraud are up
Hey, its not personal. I am not trying to force anything; I get things wrong just like the next person.
I am sure paypal will sort it out either way, ultimatley if you did not get the emails and its not your fault, you cant lose.
TierHive - Hourly VPS - NAT Native - /24 per customer - DE, UK, SG, CA, USA x4, FR x2, AU, PL, NL, JP
FREE tokens on sign up, try before you buy. | Static Hosting Free for life: https://tierhive.com/static-hosting/
Unfortunately this was a CloudFlare forwarder and it's the first time I've had a hard block or just didn't receive email from them. It should have been self hosted, I might have gotten their email.
I am just pointing out and very exhausted that I can't login to their site, I couldn't submit a ticket (locked down to login) and I'm stupid, but not to a point of ignoring emails.
I've submitted it to Paypal after finding some scary things (openSSH wide open on boxes) so I just wanted to warn people about billing practices, didn't mean to get personal with you. Their entire setup is a joke, and I wanted to be done with them, now stuck another year.
It was an open agreement with a new invoice, and I get Paypal emails daily, just none about them changing prices - sorry if it came out that way.
You allow Tor Exits? I have nothing else to do with this machine it's not even online, and I can't login. Your fix to me was 'change to an email that allows SPF failures and blacklisted IPs'
Very disappointed Sorin.
No worries, I am just being careful and maybe sticking my nose in a bit more than I should because I want to start linking reviews to provider profiles in the new section https://lowendspirit.com/registered-providers
I will check back in a few days and see how this one goes.
TierHive - Hourly VPS - NAT Native - /24 per customer - DE, UK, SG, CA, USA x4, FR x2, AU, PL, NL, JP
FREE tokens on sign up, try before you buy. | Static Hosting Free for life: https://tierhive.com/static-hosting/
Kris clearly has more free time than we do, so we'll keep this short.
Here is the outgoing mail log from our billing system for the account's billing
address (server time, UTC+3):
2026-06-04 01:16 Quick reminder: Heads-up about renewal pricing
2026-07-06 01:45 Important changes to your RareCloud account
2026-07-22 01:40 Important changes to your RareCloud account and billing
2026-09-04 20:53 Your new renewal price at RareCloud (and the discount you keep)
2026-09-13 09:00 Invoice Generated
2026-09-23 09:04 Invoice Payment Reminder
2026-09-28 15:57 Password Reset Validation
2026-09-28 15:57 Password Reset Validation
2026-09-28 16:03 Password Reset Validation
2026-09-28 19:50 Password Reset Validation
2026-09-29 10:35 Invoice Payment Confirmation
Four notices about the price change went out before the renewal, plus the
invoice and a reminder. If your mail server chose to reject them, that is on
your side of the setup. Whitelisting a provider you pay is up to you.
On the scanning part, since it is now being denied, this is what was written to
us in the ticket today:
"Also, enjoy your free vulnerability scan"
"Don't worry, any vulnerabilities I find, I will post to the internet, nothing direct."
"I will show proof of vulnerabilities on your network and let the internet decide what to do with you."
People can read that and decide for themselves. The PayPal case will settle the
billing question, and we won't be replying further in this thread.
RareCloud.io — High-Performance VPS in EU / US / JP / HK
Affordable deals • Fast NVMe • Reliable network
RareCloud sends emails from rarecloud.io which has:
There is an spf record there. Maybe drop CloudFlare and use the Google or CERN spam filter.
AD: VPS Price Tracker
So you send without SPF records from blacklisted IPs and that's my fault. You can't whitelist a provider who uses dirty IPs and SPF - CloudFlare rejected it.
I already did, check DNSDumpster and search Rarecloud.io. That's all I needed to see and will be posted to my site.
People can Read the countless reviews online and your response in this thread.
I think you should go lockdown your firewall, SSH open is a bad look - along with forcing users into renewals at 300% the rate, and refusing to refund.
I'll let you know when the .com is up @rarecloud - While I don't have the time, I took a half day today to give you the free SEO exposure you deserve for refusing a refund when your own email log shows me trying to get into my account to file a ticket ASAP upon seeing an unknown charge.
Agreed, there are SPF records, the problem here is they use SendGrid, not present in these records. I would expect : include:sendgrid.net in there as well.
Add a SpamCop IP block which I caught, and maybe that's why I received none of their emails.
They could see that when I tried logging in numerous times / resetting password to see why I was charged 3x, but still denied a refund and are keeping the money, hence RareCloudScam.com inbound. I asked two days nicely to please refund me - that I didn't have this money, let alone know the pricing was changing, and was refused. Only after that did they earn the free .COM and SEO incoming.
In the future I know CloudFlare hard-blocks the worst emails, but this was the first time I've missed email due to such. Others have been competent enough to setup SPF properly, or not send emails from blocked IPs.
I guess at this point it's up to the customer to choose if they want a provider who has SSH wide open to production servers + FTP servers, and blames a customer and keeps their money, due to their email misconfiguration and IP reputation. I would not choose them again.
regardless of the emails status and the ridiculous size of the increase, i'm a little surprised there isn't a hard requirement to accept the new pricing before paypal allows the charge.
I ain’t reading all that, but I’m happy for you though. Or sorry that happened.
If their email is misconfigured, how did I, and others get their notification emails?
export SIGNATURE="just_a_product_of_the_${ENV:-/}"
No filtering, or less of a spam policy than CloudFlare email.
SPF isn't setup for the service they use, and has SpamCop blocked IPs. That's a double whammy.
Check your own server for your specific filtering or spam setup, but I've never had issues with other emails not making it through CloudFlare.
Email I received seems very clean to me. Not a single spam indicator. I also received a couple regarding pricing changes, none of them ended up in spam.

directly to a Gmail inbox. I highly doubt even MXRoute would've filtered it. I'm no email expert, so I passed the whole content to Gemini and came back to a 5 out of 100 spam score, so...
Last time I used Cloudflare Email forwarding, which was a couple of years ago before migrating to MXRoute, I didn't actually get many emails filtered (if any, at all). Things could've changed though, not blaming any side here, just adding context.
I use Protonmail with a paid plan for that specific email address.
From what I can gather with Cloudflare:
AI has possibly bottled it again.
export SIGNATURE="just_a_product_of_the_${ENV:-/}"
Yeah, I've only got what my current host showed in their emails from today, I still am unable to access my account because no other issues with CloudFlare forwarding, and not going to change providers to get their emails... that I've already missed.
Their ticketing system comes from SendGrid which failed SPF from source headers.
I've never had CloudFlare filter any other email, yet Sorin pasted above my attempts to even reset my password got the same block. For some reason CloudFlare really does not like their email setup, and just going off what I have.
TL;DR; don't use paypal subscriptions.
ohhhh that's why there wasn't any requirement to accept, i see now thanks. i always make a point to check paypal after i hook up with a new vendor and remove subs, that's some underhanded shit imo.
I ain’t reading all that, but I’m happy for you though. Or sorry that happened.
Honestly I wouldn't call it underhanded. They announced it quite publicly and sent several emails about it. Please note that I'm not referring to the tripling of the price/refusing a refund - only that they weren't trying to hide anything which is how I define underhanded.
The only thing making this different than a normal "[vendor] is stealing my money" thread involving paypal subscriptions is the fact that there was a price increase involved and if Kris' email hadn't refused the notifications it wouldn't have been a problem. I do agree that refusing a refund ( sans applicable fees ) in a situation like this is kinda sketch though.
Just my $0.02.
If I didn't get any emails and 32 euros billed again, that's on me, 32 euros out.
I need to move from CloudFlare email apparently, because this is the only time I've had a filtering issue with them.
But the provider saw me rapidly attempting to login, said it's having the same blocks, and basically - tough luck.
Should I have been using CloudFlare for email? Probably not, but it's never filtered or rejected like this.
Should I have trusted an open billing agreement with them? No. That allowed them to issue an arbitrary invoice and without my knowledge raise the price 3x. Will I be using Paypal again for sketch hosts? Hell no.
On LET it seems they messed up emailing one time, but that doesn't explain why I can't even get password resets from them, which you think they would've understood, so I can't call that an issue, rather CloudFlare rejects their emails, and I'm not sure why. I just went off the headers I currently have... as I have nothing else from them 2 months after I signed up.
I let them know the server's been idle, not in use, and I'm on the line for $100 while trying to make bills. Was basically told tough luck, you're stuck here for another year.
Feels engineered, this was more of a warning as it seems like from reviews, that's how they keep customers - not with any type of quality service. Scammers gonna scam, live and learn.
oh sorry underhanded is how i feel about the entire subscriptions process, didn't mean rarecloud specifically. no doubt it's wonderfully convenient etc but .. well look what happened here.
I ain’t reading all that, but I’m happy for you though. Or sorry that happened.