RULES RULES RULES RULES RULES + INFO [updated February 9th, 2024]

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited March 2023

@kheng86 said:
    As seen from the case of Stromonic:

https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/5655/stromonic-now-requires-all-client-accounts-to-be-verified-or-suspension-of-services-may-result#latest

Hosts must state if they require KYC (passport, bill proving address etc.) when selling their products. After paying, customers shouldn't be bombarded, without prior notice, with KYC threat (if not, your service will be suspended).

I expect this is already covered under the "Don't take money for services you have no intention of providing" sub section of the "Don't be a dick" rule. Of course please understand that LES is a buyer beware market and rules are not going to change that.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited June 2023

On June 1st, 2023 the following changes were made to the Domain Sales rules:

Before:

• Domain sales are fine but please use the Domain Sales Category it is logged-in user access only i.e. not indexed by google.
    • Domains must have been registered for a minimum of 60 days.
    • Maximum starting bid is $7 or you can specify a BIN (not both)
    • 7 days between offer posts.
    • You can set a hidden reserve on your domain by PM'ing me the domain name and the reserve prior to posting the sale, you must make it known that there is a reserve though.

After:

• Domain sales are fine but please use the Domain Sales Category it is logged-in user access only i.e. not indexed by google.
    • 7 days between Domain Sales threads.
    • Domains must have been registered for a minimum of 60 days.
    • Maximum starting bid is $7. You can also specify a Buy It Now price.
    • Domain sales threads should include all relevant details including but not limited to, the domain name, current domain expiration date, the starting bid, currency type, payment methods accepted, and auction end date/time including time zone.
    • You can set a hidden reserve on your domain by opening a helpdesk ticket prior to posting the sale.
      Please include in the ticket your username, the domain name, the reserve amount, and if there is a BIN, the BIN price. The reserve price cannot be more than the BIN price.
      You must make it known that there is a reserve price in your Domain Sale thread.

• If a seller has a reserve price, bidders and seller have no obligations when the highest bid at the end of the auction does not meet the seller's reserve price.

• An auction bid is not retractable. Be sure you want the domain before you bid.
    • Failure to follow through with the purchase by the winning bidder, or seller, of a Domain Sale auction will result in a temporary or permanent barring from future domain auctions.
    • Auctions, once started, cannot be terminated early without approval by LES staff.
      Auctions with valid bids cannot be terminated early.

• Failure to abide by Domain Sales rules will result in a temporary or permanent barring from future domain auctions.

EDIT: On June 3rd, 2023 the following rule was added.

• If a seller has a Buy It Now (BIN) price, a bidder can commit to pay the BIN price and end the auction by commenting "BIN" .

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• MasonMason AdministratorOG
    edited June 2023

Server/service transfers now have a dedicated category on LES and some more explicit rules.

Added 2 June 2023:

Service Transfers

• Transferor must be a member of LES for a minimum of 3 months with 10 (non-spammy) posts (comments or discussions).
    • Transfers are buy at your own risk. LES will not play a mediating or facilitating role during the process. Due diligence is a must.
    • Service transfers must be allowed by the provider, and completed in accordance with the provider's guidelines for transfer. Changing the account information without the providers knowledge as a method to transfer is not allowed.
    • Transfer threads should include all relevant details including but not limited to -- price, best offers allowed, who pays transfer fees (if any), payment types accepted by transferor.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

On June 20th, 2023 the following rule was added to the General rules:

• Multiple accounts for the same person or legal entity are not allowed without prior approval by LES staff.
    Thanked by (3)_MS_ bikegremlin Ganonk

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

A note for those who are new to LES and intend to apply for a hosting or service provider tag:

The 7-day and 5 non-spammy post requirements for new providers are to avoid spamming and for our members to get to know you a little before you start posting offers. In our opinion, new providers are better received if they take the time to introduce themselves and interact with the community before posting offers. Making a thread telling us who you are, how you run your operations, if you own your equipment or rent it, etc. Then responding to questions from members would be a good way to start off.

You should not post any paid offers or links to paid offers until your provider tag has been approved by a staff member.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

On July 15th, 2023 the following changes were made to Rules for posting offers:
    This was done after a member poll was conducted from July 6th to July 15th .

Before:

$70 p/month Maximum for Dedicated server offers

After:

$99 p/month Maximum for Dedicated server offers.

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

@LES-BOT said: DO NOT share LES Exclusive offers on other sites under any circumstances unless the offer is at least 7 days old, this will result in a ban without any warning.

May I please ask about "share" as used in the above rule?

Suppose I put up a LES Exclusive offer. Then I immediately go to another forum and post something like, "Hey! Go to https://link-to-LES.com/MyOffer.html, make an account if you do not already have one, log in, and check my LES Exclusive offer!"

Would this break the rules? :)

Don't want to break the rules. :)

Thanks!

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• @Not_Oles said:

@LES-BOT said: DO NOT share LES Exclusive offers on other sites under any circumstances unless the offer is at least 7 days old, this will result in a ban without any warning.

Suppose I put up a LES Exclusive offer. Then I immediately go to another forum and post something like, "Hey! Go to https://link-to-LES.com/MyOffer.html, make an account if you do not already have one, log in, and check my LES Exclusive offer!"

Thanks!

If they tell you off, I'll get the gloves 😝

But, pretty sure that's cool as you're still keeping the offer exclusive and sharing LES as opposed to the offer :)

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2023

@Not_Oles said:

Thanks!

I may be overruled on this, but my interpretation of the rules regarding LES Exclusive offers is that doing what you described above after 24 hours does not break the rules. I say this because it is your offer, and not because of the rule you quoted, but this one.

No specific price rules except they MUST be LES exclusive for at LEAST 24 hours

If a member other that the provider who posted the offer did what you described above I would not consider it breaking the rule you quoted.

If any member other than the provider posted the link to a LES exclusive offer in a way that bypassed the need to be a LES member, before the offer was 7 days old, that would be breaking the rule you quoted.

Hopefully I have been clear it describing my interpretation of the rules in question.

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles bikegremlin

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2023

On October 30th, 2023 the following rule was added to the General rules:

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2023

In the spirit of BF/CM the following rules under the "Rules for posting offers:" are suspended for members with a LES Hosting or Service Provider tag from 00:01 (UTC) November 24th to 23:59 (PST) November 27th, 2023.

• $7 p/month Maximum for VPS offers
    • $99 p/month Maximum for Dedicated server offers
    • $70 p/month Maximum per U for COLO offers
    • $3 p/month Maximum for Shared hosting offers
    • $7 p/month Maximum for Reseller hosting offers
    • $5 p/month Maximum for VPN/Proxy related offers
    • $5 p/month Maximum for Email related offers
    • Setup fees are not allowed on any service other than dedicated servers. The dedicated server setup fee can be a maximum of 1 month equivalent of server cost.

• @FrankZ said:
    In the spirit of BF/CM the following rules under the "Rules for posting offers:" are suspended for members with a LES Hosting or Service Provider tag from 00:01 (UTC) November 24th to 23:59 (PST) November 27th, 2023.

The suspension time period has ended.
    If a provider posts an offer within the suspension period and another after the suspension period but within 7 days, is it a violation?
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/6849/hottest-bf-deals-promo-codes-inside-dedicated-vps-from-clouvider
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/6885/cyber-monday-get-our-vps-2-in-us-or-europe-for-just-1-today-only

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:

The suspension time period has ended.

It hasn't.

• Any news on website visits?

• @legendary said:
    Any news on website visits?

The website is visitable.

• @Nekki said:

@legendary said:

Acceptable answer. Any numbers about those visits?

• @legendary said:

@Nekki said:

@legendary said:

• @AuroraZero said:

@legendary said:

@Nekki said:

@legendary said:

7?

• @legendary said:

@AuroraZero said:

@legendary said:

@Nekki said:

@legendary said:

7?

Thanked by (1)legendary
  • @Nekki said:

@legendary said:

@AuroraZero said:

@legendary said:

@Nekki said:

@legendary said:

7?

• @AuroraZero said:

@Nekki said:

@legendary said:

@AuroraZero said:

@legendary said:

@Nekki said:

@legendary said:

7?

8?

• @Nekki said:

@AuroraZero said:

@Nekki said:

@legendary said:

@AuroraZero said:

@legendary said:

@Nekki said:

@legendary said:

7?

8?

• @AuroraZero said:

@Nekki said:

@AuroraZero said:

@Nekki said:

@legendary said:

@AuroraZero said:

@legendary said:

@Nekki said:

@legendary said:

7?

8?

edited December 2023

@legendary said:

Analytics we were using (Matomo) is borked I guess, here's screengrabs from cloudflare for the past month --

Peaked on BF --

• Holy shit, 1.5 mil! Congrats!

Thanked by (1)Mason

@legendary said:
    Holy shit, 1.5 mil! Congrats!

Cheers! Keep in mind this is "requests", not necessarily "page views". I would imagine there are quite a few requests per page view.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin Not_Oles

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited December 2023

On December 26th, 2023 the following rule was added to the "How to get a Hosting Provider or Services Provider tag":

• LES reserves the right to revoke a provider tag when it feels that it is in the best interest of the community.

• Does the rules was or will be updated to reflect community opinion about "double bandwidth" nonsense?

• rootroot OG
    edited February 3

@legendary said:
    Does the rules was or will be updated to reflect community opinion about "double bandwidth" nonsense?

True. Update is needed to reflect this. Thank you for allowing the people the possibility of expressing their views.

How are you... online?