OnePoundEmail - Beneficial Pricing Changes

MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

I am cross posting an announcement I recently published on the OnePoundEmail portal. Praise be!

https://my.onepoundemail.co.uk/plugin/announcements/client_main/read/8

In addition to our Business Plan specification upgrade posted in February (https://my.onepoundemail.co.uk/plugin/announcements/client_main/read/4), we're happy to announce further changes so that customers can benefit more from OnePoundEmail, thanks to a recent opportunity to reduce our overall operational costs.

We are happy to announce that with immediate effect, for existing and new customers, the following changes will come in to play.

Personal Plan - Our main attractor has been boosted from 3GB to 5GB email storage for the same £1 per month.

Standard Plan - An extra 50p now in your pocket! We've reduced the monthly price from £2.50 to £2 per month.

Business Plan - Here's where even bigger savings can be made. Monthly pricing has reduced from £5 to £4 per month.

Enterprise Plan - To keep in line with the above Business Plan change, our 50GB plan has reduced from £10 to £8 per month.

If you prefer that in yearly terms..
Personal - £12/year for 5GB
Standard - £24/year for 10GB
Business - £48/year for 25GB
Enterprise - £96/year for 50GB

These changes should soon be implemented to all active services and if you notice that they haven’t made your way after a few days, simply get in touch.

I look forward to monitoring the outcome of these changes and will make further changes if necessary. On another note, the lower average costs will also enable us to run some fun promotions in the future, so stay tuned!

Cheers,
Michael

I have some more things to consider such as larger plans, different quota splits and promos, watch this space. :)

Comments

• I think you are quite literally the first LES service provider to reduce their prices instead of raise them in quite some time! Rock on :)

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider
    edited May 2023

@CamoYoshi said:
    I think you are quite literally the first LES service provider to reduce their prices instead of raise them in quite some time! Rock on :)

I can't take any full credit. I wanted to bump the 3GB to 5GB for a while but the previous cost-per-unit was a bit too high to justify.

Now we get a revamp for all plans :smile: As OP says, Praise Be!

Thanked by (1)CamoYoshi
  • PoundTownGang

• @bdl said:
    PoundTownGang

That sounds more dirty then it should be...

Thanked by (2)bdl ralf

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

• Thanked by (1)bdl
  • @ralf said:
    Photo

Eh... great to see all the people participating in the group pounding...

• @somik said:

@ralf said:
    Photo

'ckendray!

• @somik said:

@ralf said:
    Photo

It's true. Everyone likes a group pounding. I like OnePoundEmail - great service.

How are you... online?

• but annual payment does not bring any further discount?

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
  • @lapua said:
    but annual payment does not bring any further discount?

I guess with the low low prices, they don't have much of a margin...

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

• @somik said:

@lapua said:

I guess with the low low prices, they don't have much of a margin...

ok

• @MichaelCee do consider this suggestion:

@lapua said:

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

I will consider rounding down yearly pricing but I also don’t want to step on MXroutes toes too much.

In comparison:

MXroute 10GB £39.00 - My 10GB £24.00
    MXroute 25GB £47.00 - My 25GB £48.00
    MXroute 50GB £55.00 - My 50GB £96.00

As you can see, one of my plans is cheaper, one is the same price, and one is considerably more expensive.

I have not made a full decision on how I want to price in direct comparison to them for my standard audience, but it does open a lot of room to promos and special deals.

Lots to think about

• jarlandjarland Hosting ProviderOG

@MichaelCee said:
    I will consider rounding down yearly pricing but I also don’t want to step on MXroutes toes too much.

In comparison:

As you can see, one of my plans is cheaper, one is the same price, and one is considerably more expensive.

I have not made a full decision on how I want to price in direct comparison to them for my standard audience, but it does open a lot of room to promos and special deals.

Lots to think about

Stomp all over my toes. I want you to be able to.

Do everything as though everyone you’ll ever know is watching.

• @jarland said:

@MichaelCee said:

In comparison:

Lots to think about

I love it when a provider respects resellers with discounts. Most of the times I am not on same page with @jarland - but damn he is good when it comes to business management.

How are you... online?

• COME ON YOU REDS!!!!

STEVIE COOPER, STEVIE COOPER, HE HATES THE LEICESTER, HE HATES THE DERBY, FOREST ARE MAGIC

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
  • jarlandjarland Hosting ProviderOG

@root said:

@jarland said:

@MichaelCee said:

In comparison:

Lots to think about

I love it when a provider respects resellers with discounts. Most of the times I am not on same page with @jarland - but damn he is good when it comes to business management.

You don't have to love me, I'll love you regardless. I might fight with you, but I typically only fight with people who I desire validation from. I typically only desire validation from people I consider to have valuable judgement.

The other day a kind user who will remain anonymous made a significant investment in MXroute with the only terms being to make sure we get through this economic downturn and keep doing great things. The reason I say this is because I feel that it really serves to drive home the much shorter comment I wanted to add: If you take care of people, they'll take care of you. Before I know it I'll be 40 and the trend has been consistent, when I'm focused more on others and less on myself, everything falls into place to make sure I'm taken care of. The only exceptions were times I convinced myself I was focused on others, but in reality I was focused on myself.

This year MXroute will be running more promotions for low end users than in the last few, and I want to make sure that it doesn't alienate my resellers. I know I've said it before but I really admire how the App Store and Play Store created huge marketplaces that made millionaires out of regular people, and spawned countless development agencies. All Apple and Google did was create a platform, but the benefit to society at large was huge. This is exactly my vision for resellers of MXroute.

I'll be continuing to review our resellers and their public facing activities, looking for more places to help them continue to compete. Our friend @MichaelCee here is the most prominent reseller I'm presently aware of who competes exclusively on price. I've upgraded his available resources to help him keep that up while I review and consider what further actions I might take for all resellers across the board (maybe resource increases for everyone?).

What I didn't expect was @MichaelCee adjusting his offering to compensate, giving the savings right back to his customers. I figured he would use it to expand stock and grow his presence further than originally budgeted, providing him with a wider profit margin. I'm pleasantly surprised to see that my assumptions were off. I think what we see here is someone who genuinely enjoys giving back to the community. I'll definitely continue to support it from my side.

Hopefully @MichaelCee doesn't mind me sharing this in his thread. What I'm really getting at here is that having values will help you in business, and that our mutual friend here definitely has them.

Do everything as though everyone you’ll ever know is watching.

edited May 2023

@somik said:
    @MichaelCee do consider this suggestion:

@lapua said:

I spoke with my financial/life manager @Chievo and have come to the conclusion that I can offer 1 month discount on 25GB+ annually :smile:

Thanked by (2)Chievo CamoYoshi