OnePoundEmail Current State & Updates July 2023

MichaelCeeMichaelCee Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider
edited July 2023 in Industry News

Hi,

As some know, I went through some life changes this last month, and have seriously neglected my brands and online presence. I am slowly getting to where I need to be, and looking to make big investments to keep my brands alive, prospering, and to grow them. I am just dropping in to acknowledge my failures, and to let you know I am not giving up.

Most tickets have still been handled, with up to 48-72 hour wait times. There is 1 ticket regrettably not resolved within 42 days, this is a big failure.

Over the coming months, I will save money to invest in a part time support operator that can handle things when I'm not around. I don't know who, I don't know when, but this is my plan.

I have also started creating subscription payments for all bills such as web hosting requirements, domains. I will create subscriptions for the MXroute resellers themselves so that all bills are paid on time automatically without failure.

I have also seen a review on here that has addressed some issues, that I desperately need to look in to.

I appreciate everyone who's stuck with OnePoundEmail while I have been MIA this last month.

I want big things to happen, and when I get to the point I need to be, I will invest as much as I possibly can in to this brand to better it, improve things, and make something I can be proud of.

Regards,
Michael C

«1

Comments

  • Dust yourself off and keep up the good work. B)

    Thanked by (3)Chievo Ganonk MichaelCee
  • iandkiandk Hosting ProviderOG

    It's refreshing to see some transparency! :)
    Hats off!

    Thanked by (3)Chievo MichaelCee Asim

    AMD EPYC / NVMe / 10GBPs KVM in Frankfurt - https://v6node.com
    Looking for an unbeatable AMD EPYC Baremetal Server in Frankfurt? Drop me a PM

  • Hopefully everything is going to be better in your life and company after that pause ;) we miss you sir Michael! Take your time . Getting better and stronger

    Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

    Dentistry is my passion

  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited July 2023

    A fall is a flight too!
    :)

    I'm spread pretty tin with the day job, and running my brand, so can't offer much help besides 5-pence advice and pats on the back.

    However, if you get stuck and need help, I could take a few hours here and there, at least until you find someone.
    As I like to say: "I never spared time or money for friends and whores... and you figure out for yourself into which of those groups you fall into!"
    :)

    Edit:
    Gettin' old and sloppy - forgot to add the obligatory complementary video:

    Thanked by (3)Chievo imok MichaelCee

    Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

  • I wouldn't mind pitching in if you need it bud. I have some free time now and again and you have always been a good friend. :)

    URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | LaunchVPS | Are you in the Node?

  • @MichaelCee said:
    Over the coming months, I will save money to invest in a part time support operator that can handle things when I'm not around. I don't know who, I don't know when, but this is my plan.

    I thought about @skorupion but his life costs more than one pound.

    Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

    HostBrr aff best VPS; VirmAche aff worst VPS.
    Unable to push-up due to shoulder injury 😣

  • edited July 2023

    Wish you all the best and appreciate the honesty. But to be fair please allow some criticism...
    It's not the first time if I remember correctly, maybe running a business where your customers depend on your availability and reliability is not the right field for you?
    Don't get me wrong, I am pretty sure you are capable and offer good quality of work... but making your customers very dependent on your private life and circumstances seems just not fair.

    Again, just my humble opinion from the sideline, no offense meant.

  • skorupionskorupion Services Provider

    @yoursunny said:

    @MichaelCee said:
    Over the coming months, I will save money to invest in a part time support operator that can handle things when I'm not around. I don't know who, I don't know when, but this is my plan.

    I thought about @skorupion but his life costs more than one pound.

    Sent him a DM already, with a WAY better price than that. Hopefully he takes it, as I also had some bad times, and having someone who will help you go through them is way better than trying to overcome them alone.

    Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (509) 606-3569 or [email protected]

  • Wish you all the best and appreciate the honesty <3

  • you can hire me, I am cheap

    Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

    @Falzo said:
    Wish you all the best and appreciate the honesty. But to be fair please allow some criticism...
    It's not the first time if I remember correctly, maybe running a business where your customers depend on your availability and reliability is not the right field for you?
    Don't get me wrong, I am pretty sure you are capable and offer good quality of work... but making your customers very dependent on your private life and circumstances seems just not fair.

    Again, just my humble opinion from the sideline, no offense meant.

    I think this is a fair point. Painful, but fair (and with good intentions).

    For what it's worth, I highly appreciate friends who give this kind of reality checks.

    Thanked by (2)Falzo MichaelCee

    Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

  • So far the service is good. I am happy with OnePoundEmail. I appreciate your effort Michael.


    I do not know how much profit you make, but if you are not making big profits from the brand, maybe you could rethink the project a bit: donate a big chunk of the profits to a non-profit organisation (chosen by LES community vote) and then have some trusted staff from LES community help you with the support for free. Not only this could create some online exposure as you donate transparently (with screenshots posted online), but I am sure many would be willing to act as support volunteers (without payment) as long as it is for the growth of humanity. This idea however could only work as long as your retained profits are low without stimulating greed or envy. Who knows, maybe even providers like MXRoute may help you with cheap reseller offers for something like this. This is just an idea, sorry if it can't be applied - I am no business manager :smile:

    Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

    How are you... online?

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

    @Falzo said:
    Wish you all the best and appreciate the honesty. But to be fair please allow some criticism...
    It's not the first time if I remember correctly, maybe running a business where your customers depend on your availability and reliability is not the right field for you?
    Don't get me wrong, I am pretty sure you are capable and offer good quality of work... but making your customers very dependent on your private life and circumstances seems just not fair.

    Again, just my humble opinion from the sideline, no offense meant.

    It's a sound opinion. On the other side, I think it can be applied to any sole trader business. Hence why I would like to expand the team when ready. It's my preferred option rather than, calling it quits. Thank you <3

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

    @root said:
    So far the service is good. I am happy with OnePoundEmail. I appreciate your effort Michael.


    I do not know how much profit you make, but if you are not making big profits from the brand, maybe you could rethink the project a bit: donate a big chunk of the profits to a non-profit organisation (chosen by LES community vote) and then have some trusted staff from LES community help you with the support for free. Not only this could create some online exposure as you donate transparently (with screenshots posted online), but I am sure many would be willing to act as support volunteers (without payment) as long as it is for the growth of humanity. This idea however could only work as long as your retained profits are low without stimulating greed or envy. Who knows, maybe even providers like MXRoute may help you with cheap reseller offers for something like this. This is just an idea, sorry if it can't be applied - I am no business manager :smile:

    I happily donate a chunk of any of my revenue streams to charity, and will happily pay somebody to jump on support and later down the line, management too. No need for one over the other etc. MXroute have been more than kind, not just to me, but all other resellers. They have essentially done far too much for all of us, and they don't need to do anything more than keep existing. Thank you for your thoughts!

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider
    edited July 2023

    Thanks everyone for putting their offers in. I was waiting for a particular person who 100% surpasses the requirements and they've kindly offered to help so we're hopefully giving that a go. Things shall be going up from here <3

    Thanked by (2)Chievo Asim
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

    @MichaelCee said:
    I was waiting for a particular person who 100% surpasses the requirements and they've kindly offered to help so we're hopefully giving that a go.

    Taylor Swift?!?

    :)

    Thanked by (2)MichaelCee FrankZ

    Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

  • @bikegremlin said:

    @MichaelCee said:
    I was waiting for a particular person who 100% surpasses the requirements and they've kindly offered to help so we're hopefully giving that a go.

    Taylor Swift?!?

    :)

    It's @WSS .

    Thanked by (2)MichaelCee bikegremlin

    HostBrr aff best VPS; VirmAche aff worst VPS.
    Unable to push-up due to shoulder injury 😣

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

    @yoursunny said:

    @bikegremlin said:

    @MichaelCee said:
    I was waiting for a particular person who 100% surpasses the requirements and they've kindly offered to help so we're hopefully giving that a go.

    Taylor Swift?!?

    :)

    It's @WSS .

    It's actually a few people, Dustin, Jbiloh, and Josh from Texas. Dream team baby.

    Thanked by (2)Mason bikegremlin
  • AsimAsim OGServices Provider

    @MichaelCee It takes a lot of courage to admit your mistakes and send out an update. I wish you all the best

  • however the dark side of being reseller is I think whenever mxroute have a promo it will be like a nightmare since I imagine a lot of people will prefer to directly buy from mxroute with cheaper price, and the customers will move away. right? CMIIW

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider
    edited July 2023

    @selalumenang said:
    however the dark side of being reseller is I think whenever mxroute have a promo it will be like a nightmare since I imagine a lot of people will prefer to directly buy from mxroute with cheaper price, and the customers will move away. right? CMIIW

    I don’t think that’s the case for the majority, but always possible. A lot of people keep both

    Edit: But also bear in mind, not everyone who's a customer even knows of MXroute. Can't say I'm big time and have all the boys at my yard, but there's definitely a select few from outside of this community.

  • jarlandjarland Hosting ProviderOG

    @selalumenang said:
    however the dark side of being reseller is I think whenever mxroute have a promo it will be like a nightmare since I imagine a lot of people will prefer to directly buy from mxroute with cheaper price, and the customers will move away. right? CMIIW

    A lot of people want smaller allocations for less money, you'll see them continually beg me to offer a promo in their range. I almost never do.

    Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

    Do everything as though everyone you’ll ever know is watching.

  • @jarland said: A lot of people want smaller allocations for less money, you'll see them continually beg me to offer a promo in their range. I almost never do.

    From a business perspective, resellers may be able to obtain lower purchase prices due to bulk purchasing compared to individual customers. In that case, can resellers sell at prices lower than what the original sellers offer to individual customers? What are your thoughts on this matter, and do you recommend this practice?

    Thanked by (1)jarland
  • jarlandjarland Hosting ProviderOG

    @pupilcc said:

    @jarland said: A lot of people want smaller allocations for less money, you'll see them continually beg me to offer a promo in their range. I almost never do.

    From a business perspective, resellers may be able to obtain lower purchase prices due to bulk purchasing compared to individual customers. In that case, can resellers sell at prices lower than what the original sellers offer to individual customers? What are your thoughts on this matter, and do you recommend this practice?

    I recommend overselling smaller allocations and that should make it pretty easy to compete with me. Though I'm not saying there won't be times where I do promos and make it more difficult, but then there's the whole rest of the year. I'll always work with my resellers to make sure they can compete as long as their model gives me room to help them do it without it being a net loss.

    Do everything as though everyone you’ll ever know is watching.

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider
    edited July 2023

    Getting back to productivity, some small updates:

    • Removed late payment fees, more trouble than they're worth without sitting down with an accountant and going through the laws.
    • Fixed provisioning issue with Personal accounts being set to the Business package, corrected services that were not provisioned right.
    • Disabled abandoned order emails. As an email business, I certainly don't want to spam people up asking for their money multiple times.
    • Invoice delivery issues via email fixed. Some users may have received a backlog of their paid invoices via email.

    More updates soon. My next task is likely to go through users that are suspended but have not been terminated (I'm talking for an unreasonable amount of time). If that's you and you want to keep your service, log in and double check.

    Thanked by (2)FrankZ localhost
  • @MichaelCee said:
    Getting back to productivity, some small updates:

    • Updated avatar pic :)

    Thanked by (1)MichaelCee
  • rootroot OG
    edited July 2023

    @MichaelCee - There is a weird looking page, as if CSS is not loading or something. Check it in client area > Manage Account (link)

    Thanked by (1)MichaelCee

    How are you... online?

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider
    edited July 2023

    @root said:
    @MichaelCee - There is a weird looking page, as if CSS is not loading or something. Check it in client area > Manage Account (link)

    Thank you I believe I was told about this issue, it's the custom template. Switched to default for now, will re-do the custom template.

  • @MichaelCee said:
    Hi,

    As some know, I went through some life changes this last month, and have seriously neglected my brands and online presence. I am slowly getting to where I need to be, and looking to make big investments to keep my brands alive, prospering, and to grow them. I am just dropping in to acknowledge my failures, and to let you know I am not giving up.

    Most tickets have still been handled, with up to 48-72 hour wait times. There is 1 ticket regrettably not resolved within 42 days, this is a big failure.

    Over the coming months, I will save money to invest in a part time support operator that can handle things when I'm not around. I don't know who, I don't know when, but this is my plan.

    I have also started creating subscription payments for all bills such as web hosting requirements, domains. I will create subscriptions for the MXroute resellers themselves so that all bills are paid on time automatically without failure.

    I have also seen a review on here that has addressed some issues, that I desperately need to look in to.

    I appreciate everyone who's stuck with OnePoundEmail while I have been MIA this last month.

    I want big things to happen, and when I get to the point I need to be, I will invest as much as I possibly can in to this brand to better it, improve things, and make something I can be proud of.

    Regards,
    Michael C

    Couldn't commit long term, or long hours - but if you need a stop gap a couple of hours a day on support to help out I can help you for free until a replacement is found!

    Don't have a clue what's been going on but make sure you get you to 100% yourself before you worry about the service you provide! It requires a fully functioning Michael to be fully functional OPE!

    Wish you all the best, if you need help or just someone to have a natter to, you know where to reach out!

  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider
    edited July 2023

    @chris said:

    @MichaelCee said:
    Hi,

    As some know, I went through some life changes this last month, and have seriously neglected my brands and online presence. I am slowly getting to where I need to be, and looking to make big investments to keep my brands alive, prospering, and to grow them. I am just dropping in to acknowledge my failures, and to let you know I am not giving up.

    Most tickets have still been handled, with up to 48-72 hour wait times. There is 1 ticket regrettably not resolved within 42 days, this is a big failure.

    Over the coming months, I will save money to invest in a part time support operator that can handle things when I'm not around. I don't know who, I don't know when, but this is my plan.

    I have also started creating subscription payments for all bills such as web hosting requirements, domains. I will create subscriptions for the MXroute resellers themselves so that all bills are paid on time automatically without failure.

    I have also seen a review on here that has addressed some issues, that I desperately need to look in to.

    I appreciate everyone who's stuck with OnePoundEmail while I have been MIA this last month.

    I want big things to happen, and when I get to the point I need to be, I will invest as much as I possibly can in to this brand to better it, improve things, and make something I can be proud of.

    Regards,
    Michael C

    Couldn't commit long term, or long hours - but if you need a stop gap a couple of hours a day on support to help out I can help you for free until a replacement is found!

    Don't have a clue what's been going on but make sure you get you to 100% yourself before you worry about the service you provide! It requires a fully functioning Michael to be fully functional OPE!

    Wish you all the best, if you need help or just someone to have a natter to, you know where to reach out!

    Things are getting much better my friend, I appreciate you! You've always been a good egg to me.

    Thanked by (2)ialexpw bikegremlin
Sign In or Register to comment.