Global computing - breakthrough Tencent Cloud

Just found this article somewhere but forgot the link.
More competition, more alternatives, cheaper price, better support and performance.

Screenshot_2022-10-01-10-51-00-588_com.vanced.android.youtube.png

Recently, Tencent Cloud managed to build
800,000 cloud computing servers (Cloud
Computing), with computing power
directly 10 times in front of Leader number one today's world, making it a data center China's largest single scale, and data center leading in the world.

Tencent Cloud, which includes artificial intelligence AI, instant messaging, image processing, computing scientific, and other tasks, all of which can be calculated and run here in a jiffy.

The key to becoming a leader in the 21st century: Who Hurry, He Gets The 21st century, no longer the century where big fish prey on small fish, but fast fish prey on slow fish--Jack Ma.

https://www.tencentcloud.com/

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Comments

• Where is Jack Ma these days?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

with what cpu lol

Thanked by (1)ooopooo

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• corbpiecorbpie OG
    edited October 2022

Seems like propaganda

• edited October 2022

@vyas said:
    Where is Jack Ma these days?

He was having a holiday with the gov maybe.

@cybertech said:
    with what cpu lol

I dunno, better check it on their website.

@corbpie said:
    Seems like propaganda

Almost everyone will think that, but who knows what will happen in the next 2 years?

Be prepared for competition ahead.

Personally, I will support whoever the winner be. 😁

The world is changing rapidly whether we like it or not.

• where is yabs

Thanked by (1)ooopooo
  • NeoonNeoon OG
    edited October 2022

Tecent is more expensive than Aliaba.
    https://www.tencentcloud.com/products/lighthouse?from_qcintl=nav_product
    vs
    https://www.alibabacloud.com/product/swas
    pretty much same as AWS, except locations like HK for just 3.5$ with China magic traaaansit
    https://aws.amazon.com/lightsail/pricing/

Thanked by (1)ooopooo
  • @vyas said:
    Where is Jack Ma these days?

Digging grave for his excelence Xi. Probably.

Thanked by (1)ooopooo
  • Is it really 10 cents? 🤔

Thanked by (1)pikachu
  • havochavoc OGContent Writer

@cybertech said:
    with what cpu lol

SMIC is rapidly catching up on that front:

https://www.silicon.co.uk/workspace/components/smic-7nm-breakthrough-473315

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

Don’t trust Chinese products.

Thanked by (1)ooopooo
  • @lentro said:
    Don’t trust Chinese products.

Why? If it is a better product, cheaper price, greater performance, then why not.

I don't see a problem here. 😅

• lentrolentro Hosting Provider

@Fritz said: Why?

Politically, the Chinese government can force any Chinese company to give over any data. They actively packetsniff and suppress protests... it's basically Russia. It's why AWS doesn't sell Chinese-based services (rather, they license out their brand) and why Google exited the country after a rumored CCP-sponsored hacking campaign to try to get a political dissident's info. If you don't have to, don't use Chinese infrastructure.

Thanked by (3)ooopooo Ironia chimichurri
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@lentro said:

Politically, the Chinese government can force any Chinese company to give over any data. They actively packetsniff and suppress protests... it's basically Russia. It's why AWS doesn't sell Chinese-based services (rather, they license out their brand) and why Google exited the country after a rumored CCP-sponsored hacking campaign to try to get a political dissident's info. If you don't have to, don't use Chinese infrastructure.

and also why Microsoft Azure has to go through 21Vianet to operate in China, with data to be replicated locally subjected to "audit" at any time.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• hostdarehostdare Hosting Provider
    edited October 2022

@lentro said: Politically, the Chinese government can force any Chinese company to give over any data.

This is what NSA does in USA with backdoors

HostDare - Best webhosting provider! | Our premium vps plans | Cheap Shared Hosting

• @lentro said:

Techically, every governor in every country is "able" and have the rights to do that.

Thanked by (1)hostdare
  • what is the point of rehashing company adverting buzzwords ? What kind of breakthrough they have achieved ?they are not even that competitive in asia , thriving in china only because how opaque our market is .

• @ooopooo said:
    what is the point of rehashing company adverting buzzwords ? What kind of breakthrough they have achieved ?they are not even that competitive in asia , thriving in china only because how opaque our market is .

It's just a new rising company in the market.
    By whoose criteria, I don't know.

No one is forcing you to use their service, I don't even use them at the moment.

No need to feel offended by this topic.

• @Fritz said:

@ooopooo said:
    what is the point of rehashing company adverting buzzwords ? What kind of breakthrough they have achieved ?they are not even that competitive in asia , thriving in china only because how opaque our market is .

It's just a new rising company in the market.
    By whoose criteria, I don't know.

No one is forcing you to use their service, I don't even use them at the moment.

No need to feel offended by this topic.

offended by what ? Such an organic and informative post ? Tencent has been in this sector for 6 years without much to say , yet suddenly we can only corroborate its PR trite to show support for a "new" player . how about let us flood this forum with other pointless announcements from one-man start-ups taht are also planning to "revolute" on daily basis ? I bet those vehement announcements can earn more tears

• mjj don't use tencent cloud,because if they build a VPN in tencent cloud,tencent will ban you and your account

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

Neither tencent nor alibaba have anything interesting in their free tier unfortunately

• The more choice we have, the better. Those strict rules only apply to Chinese peoole and services in mainland, you people don't live there can ignore them.