5.40€/yr NAT64 VPS / 1 GB Ram / 5 GB SSD raid 1 /1 GBps speed/KVM / 1 IPv4 /1x /64 IPv6/DMCA IGNORED

Comments

• CalinCalin Hosting Provider

Hello @mmo25821 all ports it s opened on IPv6 , yes it s possible give refund for this vps but we do not cover paypal fees
    Unfortunately, these VPSs with 1 GB ram will not have the highest performance, at the beginning when I built the node with KVM virtualization I thought it would have higher performance, but with 50+ VPSs they are not the best performances, I recommend you to wait for vps with openvz virtualization and hdd storage

Regards,
    Calin

• Invoice #636
    i paid the invoice but its typing unpaid can u fix it @Calin

Hello @mmo25821 done , i n next hours vps delivery

Regards,
    Calin

• I think if you change the offer content to 10GB disk as the actual, it will be a better sale.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • rootroot OG
    edited November 2022

I am curious how this guy @Calin ended up being a hosting provider here. We all know the story behind him, the scams with swap sold as RAM, the wood racks, the basement, the internet connection through home ISPs or mobile providers, his collaboration with @cociu - and despite all this, he's a provider on LES.

Thanked by (2)fluttershy pikachu

How are you... online?

edited November 2022

sorry, I sold the ram memory about 3 years ago, and I recognized this when I was selling, as well as with the wooden racks, I could lie that I have a collocation, that's why I preferred to say that I have wooden racks, because in the end it's about the customers' money. At the moment we have dedicated fiber pulled directly from the backbone and metal racks and lot of enhancements. I'm sorry that I didn't have thousands or tens of thousands of euros when I entered this industry compared to others

Regards,
    Calin

• @root said:
    I am curious how this guy @Calin ended up being a hosting provider here. We all know the story behind him, the scams with swap sold as RAM, the wood racks, the basement, the internet connection through home ISPs or mobile providers, his collaboration with @cociu - and despite all this, he's a provider on LES.

I seem to remember telling @Mason about it and the response was basically "he said he was sorry, don't worry about it" so idk I guess we just don't care about scammers anymore.

• rootroot OG
    edited November 2022

@fluttershy said:

@root said:

I seem to remember telling @Mason about it and the response was basically "he said he was sorry, don't worry about it" so idk I guess we just don't care about scammers anymore.

Interesting. So I can scam the hell out of people, collaborate with other scammers (even propose hackers to get their hacked database of clients with all customer details), then say "I am sorry", and I become much more clean and much more pure than a virgin woman passing by @Nekki house.

How are you... online?

• @root said:

@fluttershy said:

@root said:

Interesting. So I can scam the hell out of people, collaborate with other scammers (even propose hackers to get their hacked database of clients with all customer details), then say "I am sorry", and I become much more clean and much more pure than a virgin woman passing by @Nekki house.

Yeah basically, literally posted links to him trying to buy the hacked DB and still nothing lol

• rootroot OG
    edited November 2022

@fluttershy said:
    Yeah basically, literally posted links to him trying to buy the hacked DB and still nothing lol

This is a disaster-drama waiting to happen. When this blows, moderators will be responsible for such forgiveness granted so easily.

On the other hand if iHostArt survives 5 years and it becomes a huge success, we should congratulate moderators for the forgiveness granted; but I highly doubt this will happen because I have seen many providers fall.

Thanked by (1)pikachu

How are you... online?

• @root said:

@fluttershy said:

This is a disaster-drama waiting to happen. When this blows, moderators will be responsible for such forgiveness granted so easily.

On the other hand if iHostArt survives 5 years and it becomes a huge success, we should congratulate moderators for the forgiveness granted; but I highly doubt this will happen because I have seen many providers fall.

Honesly, he already live longer(much longer) than my expectation.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Action and Reaction in history

• MasonMason AdministratorOG
    edited November 2022

@fluttershy said:

@root said:

Aye, I remember looking into this and reviewing all the info (mostly just the database thing, the swap sold as RAM stuff is new to me). After a lengthy conversation, I came to the determination that he could have the tag and sell here as long as he kept it clean and refrained from any more sketchy shit, which I think he's mostly done from what I can tell. Haven't heard of any reports of him running away with people's money, so doesn't appear to be a "scam" -- just some not well thought out decisions that have hopefully been opportunities to learn and do better.

With that said, if you or anyone has any new info I should be aware of or any obvious signs of a scam, then I'm all ears.

Thanked by (3)bikegremlin FrankZ pikachu

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @Mason said:

@fluttershy said:

@root said:

Aye, I remember looking into this and reviewing all the info (mostly just the database thing, the swap sold as RAM stuff is new to me). After a lengthy conversation, I came to the determination that he could have the tag and sell here as long as he kept it clean and refrained from any more sketchy shit, which I think he's mostly done from what I can tell. Haven't heard of any reports of him running away with people's money, so doesn't appear to be a "scam" -- just some not well thought out decisions that have hopefully been opportunities to learn and do better.

With that said, if you or anyone has any new info I should be aware of or any obvious signs of a scam, then I'm all ears.

IMO trying to buy compromised client information should be an immediate ban, no matter what the intent is. That's straight up extremely illegal in the EU and it shows he's not to be trusted when it comes to safely handling client's personal information. Proper due diligence should just be an immediate and permanant ban to protect users. I'm all for second chances but come on, even LET banned him and they let scam hosts run wild over there.

• I feel like when a hosting company is obviously acting with bad intent and are banned from LET, they immediately try to come over here (C1V and Calin) and unless we want LES to slowly turn into "here's all the hosts that LET kicked out" we as a community should probably make sure that isn't allowed to happen.

• rootroot OG
    edited November 2022

@Mason said:

@fluttershy said:

@root said:

Really? He had a company before. He scammed customers by overselling SWAP as RAM. He was caught doing it, recognised it, and ran with customer's money. You want to dig up this sh*t all over again?!

The guy is reportedly a scammer. He communicated with @cociu to start the business and bought his hardware. He even tried to buy the hacked database with all the decrypted passwords from hackers. And after he f*cked his old business, please don't you even dare saying he wanted that compromised database to go to police and inform customers respectfully about what happened; I still guess he wanted to spam or do something else with their billing information.

Mason - please! I beg you! How naive can you be?

My advice: leave the guy grow organically, protect the community which you accepted to protect as admin, and once he grows a respectful business, invite him over. Respect is earned, not granted, because the money and the image of your community are at stake.

Thanked by (2)fluttershy pikachu

How are you... online?

• IMO trying to buy compromised client information should be an immediate ban, no matter what the intent is.

What are you, a cop?

• @iansss said:

IMO trying to buy compromised client information should be an immediate ban, no matter what the intent is.

What are you, a cop?

I probably just care too much about the users here TBH. I'm not their mom or anything so I guess if they want to buy from a known scammer they totally can.

• @iansss said:

IMO trying to buy compromised client information should be an immediate ban, no matter what the intent is.

What are you, a cop?

These are public forums. Anyone has the legal right to an opinion, whether you like it or not.

How are you... online?

• Calin is successful. He is like 20 years old and he tries with woden racks. What did you do on your 20s?

At least he is totally honest about his service and I think everyone know what they are buying

• rootroot OG
    edited November 2022

@iansss said:
    Calin is successful. He is like 20 years old and he tries with woden racks. What did you do on your 20s?

He was successful before too, in scamming people. In my 20s I was in university, learning and studying.

At least he is totally honest about his service and I think everyone know what they are buying

That remains to be seen. Normally a person is not guilty until proven otherwise. @Calin was proven to be otherwise. Now such statements no longer apply. He needs to earn respect now.

How are you... online?

edited November 2022

Hello @root

About this "Really? He had a company before. He scammed customers by overselling SWAP as RAM. He was caught doing it, recognised it, and ran with customer's money. You want to dig up this sh*t all over again?!"

that it s wrong , fastvds.ro was a company only for game hosting and then I was a reseller, the reason why I closed it is because I had a lot of small children, if I had stolen the money I would not have recognized that fastvds.ro was mine. FastVDS.Ro was at the time when I was a reseller and I had a lot of little kids who didn't respect me, and if I didn't give them free VPS or free servers they gave me ddos, made fake orders to my address, left fake reviews and others examples like this, that's why don't compare reviews from 2020

PS: ihostart.com was opened when I started owning my own hardware

Thanks for understand!

• edited November 2022

As per my opinion:-

As members of forum, we found something which is not usual. We reported to admin.
    Admin is X100 times more worried about the forum than members. Because if something goes wrong/sideways, he will be held responsible.
    If admin is still allowing it, this means admin has some more information which members do not have.
    and
    admin clearly said that if anyone has any new info which he should be aware, he is ready to hear and take necessary steps.
    So... there is not point of repeating all the things he did past or accused of doing so.

Let's not derail the thread.
    Thank you :)

Thanked by (3)carlin0 bikegremlin FrankZ
  • rootroot OG
    edited November 2022

@Calin said:
    Hello @root

About this "Really? He had a company before. He scammed customers by overselling SWAP as RAM. He was caught doing it, recognised it, and ran with customer's money. You want to dig up this sh*t all over again?!"

that it s wrong , fastvds.ro was a company only for game hosting and then I was a reseller, the reason why I closed it is because I had a lot of small children, if I had stolen the money I would not have recognized that fastvds.ro was mine. FastVDS.Ro was at the time when I was a reseller and I had a lot of little kids who didn't respect me, and if I didn't give them free VPS or free servers they gave me ddos, made fake orders to my address, left fake reviews and others examples like this, that's why don't compare reviews from 2020

• Is this supposed to be as a justification for revenge reflected in poor quality of service?
    • Is this supposed to also justify closing while keeping their money?
    • Is this supposed to make a difference for the fact that you knowingly took money from underage people?

Really? You want to be trusted after all this?

No offence, but respect in your case needs to be earned.

PS: ihostart.com was opened when I started owning my own hardware

This is irrelevant. You still have to grow organically and show us how you make a difference for others and for yourself.

Thanks for understand!

No. You do not need my understanding. You need to understand yourself, and see the good in yourself, and only then understand others. "Know yourself, so that you may know others too" (Socrates).

To achieve this, you have to prove others wrong, by displaying a growing and lasting business which is founded on your acquired experience and your will to change into something better. Until then, you're still a highly risky person who took money; and this is where my problem lies with admins that easily and knowingly accept such high risks for their innocent members.

How are you... online?

Hello @root again, I don't know who told you that I ran away with people's money, finding it a lie, I always gave refunds when needed, certainly with small delays in some cases, but I always gave refunds

very important proof it s very recently , for example from here https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/announcements/10/Very-importand-anouncement-about-opened-PayPal-Case.html , when I had to give refunds to hundreds of customers because I didn't have so many IPv4 anymore

Regards,
    Calin

• rootroot OG
    edited November 2022

@Calin said:
    Hello @root again, I don't know who told you that I ran away with people's money, finding it a lie, I always gave refunds when needed, certainly with small delays in some cases, but I always gave refunds

very important proof it s very recently , for example from here https://panel.ihostart.com/index.php?rp=/announcements/10/Very-importand-anouncement-about-opened-PayPal-Case.html , when I had to give refunds to hundreds of customers because I didn't have so many IPv4 anymore

Regards,
    Calin

I meant FastVDS - not this new brand which acts as your mask for gaining trust.

How are you... online?

Hello @root In no case am I hiding from anyone, as I said before, if I were hiding then I would also be hiding that I own the fastvds.ro domain, for example the fastvds.ro domain cannot be renewed, moved, or registered by someone else , because I proved in court that I own the domain and I don't want others to use it in my name, please check the whois information

Regards,
    Calin

• rootroot OG
    edited November 2022

@Calin said:
    Hello @root In no case am I hiding from anyone, as I said before, if I were hiding then I would also be hiding that I own the fastvds.ro domain, for example the fastvds.ro domain cannot be renewed, moved, or registered by someone else , because I proved in court that I own the domain and I don't want others to use it in my name, please check the whois information

Regards,
    Calin

Check that again. I contacted your national registry. It seems domain was blocked due to a legal dispute, since you have broken the national registry's rules. They removed the locks now, and domain can be registered again as of today.

Important note: Domain "fastvds.ro" was not locked because you own the domain, or because you displayed how important you are in a Romanian court; it was locked because you broken the national rules. Therefore I must kindly ask you to stop bragging.

@Mason - once again: this provider lied.

Now let's make things a bit more spicy, because investigation does not stop here.

Previously, with FastVDS brand, this guy used the exact same website theme he uses now. Basically he now has a new brand, but same website, same services, same shit. To check is easy, just use web archive for FastVDS.ro website. It's same website, same thing, but with a different logo.

Now... one may think is just the logo that's different, but no; it's the company behind it too. With FastVDS the company specified on website was Calin SRL. This triggers a bell, because common company names were usually taken in European Union long in the past. Upon a simple investigation one can notice how this company is active for 20 years (since April 1992), and activity is based in a city called "Curtea de Arges". Now with a company like that active for 20 years, everybody would think the success is guaranteed, which is why he managed to scam a lot of people by using FastVDS.

Problem is: "Calin SRL" was not registered as related to hosting, but as "Retail sale of electrical household appliances in specialised stores". Therefore it had nothing to do with hosting or game servers. All this was fake information specified by this abuser on his website, in order to attract customers and gain trust.

Inside the spoiler you can find Calin SRL public status, and you can notice no connection with FastVDS:

With iHostArt (the new brand!), things are a bit confusing upon investigation.

Domain was registered in August 2020, soon after FastVDS was ditched. Just a month later, in September 2020 we see this guy (Calin) with username of FastVDS asking Orange company in Romania for some information regarding renting more IPs. This is actually an important step to what was later a small datacenter where he used mobile network (Orange) as internet provider for his clientele.

Fast forward... company specified on iHostArt website gets registered in June 2021. This company is "Man Hosting GMB H SRL" from city Orastie, a completely different location than Calin SRL.

The activity of this company upon registration is... you guessed it... not hosting, but "Freight transport by road". Weirdly enough I searched online for the administrator "Maniu Mircea Calin"; and from his Facebook account one can see a nice person who enjoys travelling across Europe and shipping stuff. At the time when completing the company registration, he was in Romania because upon a trip in June 2021 he suffered a small injury on his right hand, making him unable to take trips for a few weeks; but he resumed activity later. Fast forward, and in March 2022 he becomes a security agent, no longer working in transports. It remains to be seen what happened with the company throughout 2022 in the next annual report.

However, one can not notice the resemblance in names related to Calin. This iHostArt guy has the username Calin on LowEndSpirit, the company specified behind FastVDS was Calin SRL, now the administrator of Man Hosting GMB is also Calin. There has to be a catch here.

If I were to guess: the kid from our community might be the actual son of Maniu Mircea Calin. This assumption is based on the fact that when Maniu Mircea Calin was travelling for shipping stuff across Europe, someone rarely shared articles on his Facebook account related to mining servers, cryptocurrency, or genius teenagers who hacked something important. A man who loves travels and shipping would not stop from the road to share something like this. Texting on the road is illegal, and doing as such actions would void his job who provides food on the table, for his family. Again: this is a very nice person and a hard working man. Therefore this connection makes me think on LowEndSpirit we are talking about the son of Maniu Mircea Calin, which impersonates is father and his company with the purpose of easy financial gains. The profile photo from Facebook is with a kid, so it's another thing that makes sense to my assumption

The information about company "Man Hosting GMB H SRL" is public.

If I were to draw a positive conclusion from all this, the best case scenario is my assumption that @Calin from LowEndSpirit is the son of Maniu Mircea Calin (administrator of the company specified with iHostArt, even though it's activity is not related to hosting). This might actually be good, because in such a case @Calin is forced to protect the business, otherwise he would get his father into a lot of trouble. But again, this is just an assumption. The whole shebang is still extremely risky.

Please note I can not dig too much into private lives of people just to find some information about a scammer. One needs to protect the private lives of others too, as innocent people should not pay for the evilness of some scammers or for the antisocial behaviour of teenagers.

Tagging @Mason and @mikho in hopes they have a change of hearts regarding this provider and remove provider tag, or at least they contact him to demand explanations and legal documents as proof.

#LowEndDetectives

How are you... online?

Hello @root thank you for the investigation, it is a very detailed investigation and I appreciate it. Yes, this is my father, for a proof he will post on his account that he also owns the domain iHostART.Com, the company MAN Hosting GMB H SRL has 2 activity objectives, web hosting and transport, hence the name, MAN from Maniu , Hosting from web hosting, and GMB H SRL, since my father worket 10 years in germany.

Regarding the transport of goods, I will change the objective of the activity in the coming weeks to hosting websites and I will come back here with a replay. At the moment my father helps me manage the hosting company, he's not a tech guy, but I'm teaching him :) because he recently had a car accident and now he does NOT have a broken hand but he has a broken leg. This certainly has no reason to affect my relationship with the forum and my clients.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny abiaolaoge

Hello again @root please check https://www.facebook.com/calinmircea.maniu.7 posted right now

PS: My father don t speak very good english :)

if you have any other concerns, please let me know, I'm very happy to share these things with you

Regards,
    Calin

• edited November 2022

What the fuck is this thread even