Aeza.net 8GB RAM VPS for 1.63€

2»

Comments

• edited November 2022

@benz said: Interesting network. Guess they tunnel their traffic for ddos protection.

Premium basement.

• So, no IPv4 address included with the plan?

Sign up at Dynadot [aff], spend $9.99 within 48 hours, and get $5.00 DynaDollars for domain registrations!

• @Khalequzzaman said:
    So, no IPv4 address included with the plan?

It has a dedicated IPv4, but no IPv6 support, even when you can add IPv6 for your instance from the webpage. I can add IPv6 for earlier purchased instances, but not on newer ones.

Thanked by (1)Khalequzzaman
  • The SLA is not guaranteed. My server load does not exceed 0.5, and it is easy to automatically shut down. I have to manually start it three times in half a month. I don’t know if it is just me.

• @Amadex said:
    Why do you need IPv6? :#

Because it's 2022, some of us moved on 20 years ago.

• @rcy026 said:

@Amadex said:
    Why do you need IPv6? :#

Because it's 2022, some of us moved on 20 years ago.

MIPv4GA

• @spiritlhl said:
    The SLA is not guaranteed. My server load does not exceed 0.5, and it is easy to automatically shut down. I have to manually start it three times in half a month. I don’t know if it is just me.

you get what you pay for

• @spiritlhl said:
    The SLA is not guaranteed. My server load does not exceed 0.5, and it is easy to automatically shut down. I have to manually start it three times in half a month. I don’t know if it is just me.

Hi, your vps still automatically shut down?

• @skizio said:

@spiritlhl said:

The most recent record is that it has been active for 14 days, and the frequency of automatic shutdown has decreased, but this phenomenon still exists.

Thanked by (1)skizio
  • edited December 2022

@spiritlhl said:

@skizio said:

@spiritlhl said:

The most recent record is that it has been active for 14 days, and the frequency of automatic shutdown has decreased, but this phenomenon still exists.

Good for you, mine shutdown everyday

• People prob. started to cpu abuse the shit out of it due to 8gigs for 1.60€.
    Good times are over it seems.

• It sometimes amazes me how companies think they will profit from these.

Vladimir S. - IT Consultant, Entrepreneur, Web Developer, and Disability Advocate.

[email protected] | www.ivlad.net

• skorupionskorupion Services Provider

@phxwolf said:
    It sometimes amazes me how companies think they will profit from these.

Welcome to Xtreme OVERSELLING, where we test the limits of our nodes and our customers!

Thanked by (1)Khalequzzaman

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

• @Neoon said:
    People prob. started to cpu abuse the shit out of it due to 8gigs for 1.60€.
    Good times are over it seems.

Seems more like the provider is shutting down random servers, to be honest.

• They have unleashed the monkey in their systems.

• So far no issues which is great. But now it seems my VPS is unreachable to anyone using Comcast.

Residential IP to VPS
    Tracing route to *** [*.*.*.*]
    over a maximum of 30 hops:
    1   3 ms 1 ms 1 ms 10.0.0.1
    2   12 ms 8 ms 8 ms *.*.*.*
    3   12 ms 10 ms 9 ms *.*.*.*
    4   9 ms 13 ms 9 ms *.*.*.*
    5   11 ms 10 ms 9 ms *.*.*.*
    6   24 ms 19 ms 18 ms be-34-ar01.mckeesport.pa.pitt.comcast.net [69.139.168.141]
    7   19 ms 19 ms 22 ms be-31641-cs04.pittsburgh.pa.ibone.comcast.net [96.110.42.173]
    8   24 ms 19 ms 19 ms be-1411-cr11.pittsburgh.pa.ibone.comcast.net [96.110.38.142]
    9   24 ms 23 ms 24 ms be-302-cr12.beaumeade.va.ibone.comcast.net [96.110.32.101]
    10  23 ms 23 ms 23 ms be-1112-cs01.beaumeade.va.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.84.145]
    11  25 ms 24 ms 26 ms be-3111-pe11.ashburn.va.ibone.comcast.net [96.110.32.122]
    12  * * * Request timed out.
    13  26 ms 31 ms 24 ms be3084.ccr42.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.30.65]
    14  28 ms 28 ms 28 ms be2807.ccr42.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.40.109]
    15  99 ms 95 ms 97 ms be2490.ccr42.lon13.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.42.86]
    16  106 ms 107 ms 111 ms be12488.ccr42.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [130.117.51.42]
    17  103 ms 103 ms 103 ms be3714.rcr22.b047839-0.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.36.234]
    18  113 ms 108 ms 115 ms fdcservers.demarc.cogentco.com [149.11.203.18]
    19  * * * Request timed out.
    20  * * * Request timed out.
    21  * * * Request timed out.
    22  * * * Request timed out.
    23  * * * Request timed out.
    24  * * * Request timed out.
    25  * * * Request timed out.

Unfortunately the "no support" agreement is a pain. I've tried to talk to them on Telegram as well but they don't seem to understand what I'm saying and keep repeating "we're not blocking any IP". Eventually they just told me to buy a VPS in another location.

• Let's dig up this thread once again. Anyone still holding on to this offer?

Got around to change my usage from 'extreme idling' to actually making use of it a bit, but experience the same 'VM gets shut down frequently' as described by other LESbians previously.

Guess it's time to say goodbye for good, or has someone smth good to report regarding that, assumingly caused intentionally by Aeza, shutdown issue?

• @spiritlhl said: The SLA is not guaranteed. My server load does not exceed 0.5, and it is easy to automatically shut down. I have to manually start it three times in half a month. I don’t know if it is just me.

Heard the same. Those price ranges surely come at a cost.

• edited February 4

@benz said: Guess it's time to say goodbye for good, or has someone smth good to report regarding that, assumingly caused intentionally by Aeza, shutdown issue?

Follow-up on this. Their support told me:

This is a technical feature of this tariff.
    It can switch off when the server is under load.

There is no way to switch it off.
    We recommend to consider the SWE-PROMO tariff.
    There is no such technical feature there.

What a great feature. Surely that was stated somewhere, and not made up out of the blue.
    @zgato I think you mentioned on OGF, you've got all of their promo plans? And you got no such issues with any of them?

• edited February 4

@benz said:

@benz said: Guess it's time to say goodbye for good, or has someone smth good to report regarding that, assumingly caused intentionally by Aeza, shutdown issue?

What a great feature. Surely that was stated somewhere, and not made up out of the blue.
    @zgato I think you mentioned on OGF, you've got all of their promo plans? And you got no such issues with any of them?

I have these three (basically all of them except one in Black Friday in Finland but it costed way too much and had a lot of resources I don't need.
    They all work flawlessly. Austria's network could be better though, as it seems rerouted through another of their locations.
    Netherlands and Sweden both work flawlessly, have no issues whatsoever.

Keep in mind my promos are very old and on old nodes, which barely have any of the limits currently new plans have (such as 100Mbit/s which I don't have on any of those) and they're really fast

EDIT: Also regarding the "shutdown" thing with AMS-PROMO I have to say I've never got my server shutdown but I barely use anywhere close the 8GB of allocation, and yes, it's stated in their Wiki

Thanked by (2)_MS_ benz
  • @zgato said:

@benz said:

I have these three (basically all of them except one in Black Friday in Finland but it costed way too much and had a lot of resources I don't need.
    They all work flawlessly. Austria's network could be better though, as it seems rerouted through another of their locations.

Keep in mind my promos are very old and on old nodes, which barely have any of the limits currently new plans have (such as 100Mbit/s which I don't have on any of those) and they're really fast

EDIT: Also regarding the "shutdown" thing with AMS-PROMO I have to say I've never got my server shutdown but I barely use anywhere close the 8GB of allocation, and yes, it's stated in their Wiki

If you want to cancel in the future, don't; I might pick one of them.

• MS said:

@zgato said:

@benz said:

If you want to cancel in the future, don't; I might pick one of them.

I got very nice deals transferred from people here and on the OGF. Won't let them slide without a transfer post ;)

Thanked by (1)_MS_
  • @zgato said: Keep in mind my promos are very old and on old nodes, which barely have any of the limits currently new plans have (such as 100Mbit/s which I don't have on any of those) and they're really fast

Thanks for your reply. Same applies to mine, also running faster than the advertised 100Mbit/s.

@zgato said: and yes, it's stated in their Wiki

Interesting, not sure if that existed in 2022 when I initially ordered that plan.

@zgato said: I have to say I've never got my server shutdown but I barely use anywhere close the 8GB of allocation

According to their panel, I don't either. Still, it's getting shutdown frequently when actually running a small docker container on there.
    Have to take a look if memory used for cache is also counted towards the charts in their panel.

Oh well, if that doesn't work out I'll see if at least a tor relay keeps it up and running.