Black Friday '22 @ LowEndSpirit | Flash Deals + Discussion Thread

Comments

• @beanman109 said:
    I mean he has the whole list of BF deals at his finger tips, I'd probably do that job for the ability to be able to snag a few of these deals guaranteed before the community gets them.

It all sounds fun theoretically until you realize the time saved (to either do freelance/part-time) could pocket me more money than saving the few tens dollars from BF deals

Let's do the maths, 20 minutes x 150 deals = 3000 minutes = 50 hours. Even a low $20/hr can profit me $1000, good enough for me to get a Macbook Air, how nice is that?

• @FAT32 said: Let's do the maths, 20 minutes x 150 deals = 3000 minutes = 50 hours. Even a low $20/hr can profit me $1000, good enough for me to get a Macbook Air, how nice is that?

I run the IT at a school I'll give you a HP Probook for free if you want.

Thanked by (1)vyas
  • @FAT32 said:

@beanman109 said:
    I mean he has the whole list of BF deals at his finger tips, I'd probably do that job for the ability to be able to snag a few of these deals guaranteed before the community gets them.

It all sounds fun theoretically until you realize the time saved (to either do freelance/part-time) could pocket me more money than saving the few tens dollars from BF deals

Let's do the maths, 20 minutes x 150 deals = 3000 minutes = 50 hours. Even a low $20/hr can profit me $1000, good enough for me to get a Macbook Air, how nice is that?

JB has offered you money and you turned it down right?

• @beanman109 said:

Don't worry, I actually have a full-time job but I really just like the community and the idea of lowend so much, perhaps because I am also a cheapskate myself :) At the most extreme case I actually took 2 days off last year to organize the BF event, but I am really happy with the final result (minus the people who are not satisfied)

That said, I have to remind myself next year again to not do this again... it is too tiring :sweat_smile: especially still having a job

• @Nekki said:

Ya, it is about the community, if I receive the money from either party then I would have to "side" them a bit, naturally

• @FAT32 said:

@Nekki said:

Ya, it is about the community, if I receive the money from either party then I would have to "side" them a bit, naturally

Take it and give it to charity, then post the evidence.

• FAT32FAT32 OG
    edited November 2022

Anyway let's back to the deals should we :) I am also closely monitoring this thread like 4-5 years ago when I am still a member who is seeing Nekki as my idol (of negotiating for deals)

I should have more time to join megathread (as an audience) next year <3

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @FAT32 said:

@beanman109 said:

Don't worry, I actually have a full-time job but I really just like the community and the idea of lowend so much, perhaps because I am also a cheapskate myself :) At the most extreme case I actually took 2 days off last year to organize the BF event, but I am really happy with the final result (minus the people who are not satisfied)

That said, I have to remind myself next year again to not do this again... it is too tiring :sweat_smile: especially still having a job

I for one am thankful for you efforts, I've already snagged two killer deals in this BF sale

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • @FAT32 said: Everything is decided after lots of considerations and it isn't as simple as it sounds, we let the provider choose whether they want to be inside the preview or not.

Fair point, guess they've got a reason to make their offers easily traceable by product id without the use of a additional coupon code. Wouldn't be the first time.

@FAT32 said: Anyway, no I am not getting paid, this is just the way I choose to contribute back to the community.

Ouch. Thanks for your passion than, didn't mean to offend you if I did. Speaking out of the 'I'm fed up of reading hundreds of pages filled with people crying about offers while just looking for the main attraction.' position.

Understood that it's your community contribution the last years, but with the provider fee I would have imagined there is a budget for your work too. Clearly, you got the eye-catcher offers over on OGF.

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • What's that!? It's a bird! It's a plane! NO!! It's a Ryzen KVM special from @SMARTHOST!! -

Ryzen KVM NVME VPS

Specifications:

• 1GB RAM
    • 10GB NVME SSD
    • 1TB Bandwidth
    • $19.95/year (50% OFF) - w/Discounted Upgrades.

Order link: https://www.smarthost.net/cart.php?a=add&pid=369&ims=bf2022les&promocode=BF2022-5
    Coupon code: BF2022-5
    Quantity: 25

Thanked by (3)FAT32 FrankZ Ganonk
  • @FAT32 i love man even if you are from the men in black

Thanked by (5)FAT32 vyas FrankZ _MS_ ariq01
  • Nekki, ehab and root never fail to amaze me with the words/GIFs come out from their mouth :joy:

Thanked by (4)ehab erk FrankZ ariq01
  • rootroot OG
    edited November 2022

@FAT32 thank you for the offers. I highly appreciate your involvement. However, I strongly believe you should NOT be doing all this work for free when someone else gets all the money.

I liked getting involved in Black Friday last year precisely because it was the free passion for servers and for people. Now someone gets to make profits from your work. It's stupid and it's unfair. I exercise my right to protest against that.

How are you... online?

• @root said:
    FAT32 thank you for the offers. I highly appreciate your involvement. However, I strongly believe you should NOT be doing all this work for free when someone else gets all the money.

I liked getting involved in Black Friday last year precisely because it was the free passion for servers and for people. Now someone gets to make profits from your work. It's stupid and it's unfair. I exercise my right to protest against that.

Thank you, that's a fair point, let's see how it goes. Maybe I will donate to charity or something

Thanked by (3)webcraft AuroraZero root
  • @FAT32 said:
    Anyway let's back to the deals should we :) I am also closely monitoring this thread like 4-5 years ago when I am still a member who is seeing Nekki as my idol (of negotiating for deals)

I never made anywhere near as much effort as you do, I just compelled providers via the power of HYPE to BRING THA DEALZ!

• @FAT32 said:

@root said:
    FAT32 thank you for the offers. I highly appreciate your involvement. However, I strongly believe you should NOT be doing all this work for free when someone else gets all the money.

Thank you, that's a fair point, let's see how it goes. Maybe I will donate to charity or something

How are you... online?

• @Nekki said:
    I never made anywhere near as much effort as you do, I just compelled providers via the power of HYPE to BRING THA DEALZ!

And that, is something requires a very particular set of skills :)

• edited November 2022

@FAT32 said:

@Nekki said:

and balls
    no pants

• I am in need of a VPS in EU for a V2ray proxy server for personal use, I only can pay crypto and I want it as cheap as possible. Are there any good deals or am I too late?

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • edited November 2022

@awhite2020 said:
    I am in need of a VPS in EU for a V2ray proxy server for personal use, I only can pay crypto and I want it as cheap as possible. Are there any good deals or am I too late?

Hang around little one, and the deals will come.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @awhite2020 said:
    I am in need of a VPS in EU for a V2ray proxy server for personal use, I only can pay crypto and I want it as cheap as possible. Are there any good deals or am I too late?

u came at right place , right day
    first time
    who are you really?

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero FrankZ
  • @ehab said:

@FAT32 said:

@Nekki said:

and balls
    no pants

Just belts.

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero ehab
  • @beanman109 I really hope so. I am from Iran, hopefully the providers wouldn't mark my purchase as I have to use a VPN for my purchases.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • @awhite2020 said:
    @beanman109 I really hope so. I am from Iran, hopefully the providers wouldn't mark my purchase as I have to use a VPN for my purchases.

How much bandwidth do you need? I can probably transfer you an idler if you can't get anything in the sales

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero awhite2020
  • @awhite2020 said:
    @beanman109 I really hope so. I am from Iran, hopefully the providers wouldn't mark my purchase as I have to use a VPN for my purchases.

You get all services for free after beating Wales, congrats!

Thanked by (2)awhite2020 FrankZ
  • @FAT32 said:

@benz said:
    The overview post on the first page makes it much easier to access if you don't want to read 300 pages of GIF spam.
    Although this is probably the 'non-profit' variant of BF hosting deal aggregation, clearly the better one by accessibility.
    Or is FAT32 over on OGF not getting some bilohbucks?

Also no previews, so offers don't get sneaked up early. And a moderation team that quickly reacts on feedback <3

Everything is decided after lots of considerations and it isn't as simple as it sounds, we let the provider choose whether they want to be inside the preview or not.

Usually, each deal costs me about 20 minutes from the start of communication with the provider to finish, sometimes I also have to spend time and discuss about random stuff because that's how to negotiate or make a deal that is exclusive / special enough to the audience.

This is excluding the time spent on looking for providers, there will be much less providers if I am just sitting there waiting for them to submit. I contacted roughly 200 providers (Manually, no excel merge) after understanding their locations and services provided, so it is easier to communicate or ask for deals. Among them only 80 providers joined our flash sale.

In addition, providers can also choose which time slot they want their deals to be posted. The whole process is honestly pretty exhausting because I have to make all providers happy, which isn't easy. For example, some providers might argue that why they can't post a deal that they already posted somewhere, which I reply then there's no point calling it a flash sale anymore, but they insists me to post it. So ya there's a lot of behind the scene that a lot of people just doesn't know about, but I have to maintain my professionalism and try to follow the principle of customer (in this case provider) is always right.

Anyway, no I am not getting paid, this is just the way I choose to contribute back to the community.

If I have sufficient time, I definitely hope to make it even better, everything including the design and formatting are all made with love by myself.

Great job thank you.

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • @beanman109 said:

@awhite2020 said:

How much bandwidth do you need? I can probably transfer you an idler if you can't get anything in the sales

I really appreciate your offer, not much bandwidth is needed as I intend to use it for personal use.

• edited November 2022

@FAT32 said: Thank you, that's a fair point, let's see how it goes. Maybe I will donate to charity or something

I'm not a significant contributor to the community, but the one time JB offered me some cash for the rajat plagiarism thread; I asked him to donate it to a charity, which he did contribute.

If you're considering giving it away as a donation, maybe ask JB directly, he's usually receptive to such requests, though he's certainly a bit greedy at times.

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • @ehab said:

@awhite2020 said:

u came at right place , right day
    first time
    who are you really?

Just lucky I guess :)