Black Friday '22 @ LowEndSpirit | Flash Deals + Discussion Thread

Comments

• From Bus to Bust

The Modification (transformation) is complete

@FrankZ said:
    It's probably sad that I am so easily entertained.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Don't stop the Black Friday! We need more deals Please don't stop!

How are you... online?

• LES-BOTLES-BOT OG
    edited November 2022

From @cam (Gullo's Hosting)

Did someone say $1 shared hosting, Cam has you covered with this great Black Friday deal.

Europe and Australia Direct Admin WEB 1GB $1/year (CODE: BF-DOLLA-WEB-GJmn9QS2) (10 Uses)
    Europe: https://hosting.gullo.me/order/config/index/web-hosting/?group_id=26&pricing_id=270
    Australia: https://hosting.gullo.me/order/config/index/web-hosting/?group_id=42&pricing_id=274

cPanel Web Hosting in Singapore 10 GB $10/year (CODE: SGPCPANEL80P) (10 Uses)
    https://hosting.gullo.me/order/config/index/web-hosting/?group_id=17&pricing_id=225

Thanked by (1)Ganonk
  • edited November 2022

@Nekki finally woke up?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@root said: Don't stop the Black Friday! We need more deals Please don't stop!

Ask and you shall receive.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• No one posted this classic, so time to fix

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:
    No one posted this classic, so time to fix

@Brueggus is MIA

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2022

@jmgcaguicla said: @Nekki finally woke up?

I expect it was not good for him to keep that all inside. Hopefully it is better that he lets it out once in a while.
    I for one enjoyed the show. Of course you can guess what that says about me. Tomorrow it will be time to put the genie back in the bottle.

Thanked by (1)jmgcaguicla

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• JabJab
    edited November 2022

The chess-captcha drama on OGF is fun, epic butthurt people

We need VirMach there to post BF topic :D

Thanked by (3)FrankZ Ganonk someTom

• edited November 2022

@Jab said:

Michael J. Jacksons complaining was inevitable, but was surprised some regulars also got mald as well.

Just git gud, it's that easy

• Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • rootroot OG
    edited November 2022

@jmgcaguicla said:

@Jab said:

Michael J. Jacksons complaining was inevitable, but was surprised some regulars also got mald as well.

Get good at what? scripting? automated browser plugins? botting?

Personally I liked the chess captcha, as it was good to somewhat hinder all the bots.

Meanwhile, one can not ignore the beautiful popcorn drama in which the megathread developed.

Thanked by (1)webcraft

How are you... online?

• @root said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

@Jab said:

Personally I liked the chess captcha, as it was good to somewhat hinder all the bots.

Meanwhile, one can not ignore the beautiful popcorn drama in which the megathread developed.

Drama?

Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • @Nekki said:

@root said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

@Jab said:

Drama?

Yes. It's that kind of drama turned from hype, because Black Friday will end in a few hours, and the pressure is on the providers for having limited offers which got grabbed by bots. Meanwhile some customers get a good spanking for commenting their dislikes.

How are you... online?

• @root said:

@Nekki said:

@root said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

@Jab said:

Drama?

Yes. It's that kind of drama turned from hype, because Black Friday will end in a few hours, and the pressure is on the providers for having limited offers which got grabbed by bots. Meanwhile some customers get a good spanking for commenting their dislikes.

Yeah, I guess it would always happen that way. It’s gone too commercial + the newer LET’ers are scum.

• edited November 2022

@Nekki said:
    Drama?

Yeah, a few people got really butthurt because they can't see the funny side of life. Apparently having fun on BF is an affront to everything OGF stands for. One MJJ even threatened to leave OGF forever.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny pikachu
  • @root said:
    Get good at what?

at chess my brother

• @ralf said:

@Nekki said:
    Drama?

Yeah, a few people got really butthurt because they can't see the funny side of life. Apparently having fun on BF is an affront to everything OGF stands for. One MJJ even threatened to leave OGF forever.

At this stage, who hasn’t?

Thanked by (3)ralf FrankZ pikachu
  • @Nekki said:
    Yeah, I guess it would always happen that way. It’s gone too commercial + the newer LET’ers are scum.

I only pop out of the woodwork a few times a year here, LET, and HT. And even I’ve noticed quite a change in the LET folks. Doesn’t feel welcoming. HT seems to be fairly quiet these days and more folk here. Plus I see I missed some Virmach drama, saw mention the VM folk don’t really do LET now.

• rootroot OG
    edited November 2022

Problem is not the snowflake generation complaining, but the abusers who use scripts and bots. Meanwhile it's all for profits, and the organisers don't get anything, working voluntarily for the profits of others. I am willing to bet the main admin who gets all the money does not even watch the megathread or get involved in it. He's the manager, letting others get their hands dirty, while he takes the cash.

I highly appreciate @FAT32 for doing this. But at the same time is just wrong how some managers get to make profits from the passion of volunteers.

How are you... online?

• Just saw that the reaction about the chess is completely diff here than OGF
    @Advin seriosuly, i cannot stop from telling you how awesome the chess is
    I have not gotten so much fun on a single webpage for so long. Pure genius, and thank you!

• @forces said:
    Just saw that the reaction about the chess is completely diff here than OGF
    I have not gotten so much fun on a single webpage for so long. Pure genius, and thank you!

This is absolutely true. I also love chess. Problem is: others don't know or don't like chess, so they feel marginalised or excluded by such a captcha.

Thanked by (1)casadebamburojo

How are you... online?

• LES-BOTLES-BOT OG
    edited November 2022

From @Abdullah (WebHorizon)
    Some great Black Friday offers from WebHorizon in Singapore and Netherlands.

Free 1st month using coupon LESUSER applicable to any plan listed on our new billing portal https://clients.webhorizon.net/?/products/ upto 32GB. No obligation to renew.

Select our Netherlands location and get 50% extra cpu, disk, and bandwidth for any billing cycle, stays as long the service remains active.

===

We use owned hardware at Singapore location (AMD EPYC 7502P)
    Europe location uses AMD RYZEN 5950x
    Cpu is 50% dedicated, 100% burstable.
    Enterprise grade hardware with ECC RAM & Samsung NVMe SSDs in RAID-1

• KivoBytesTheBest indeed. Special thanks to poor eyesight, probably ruined by gifs. 10OFF :lol:
    Was planning 64MB micro instances as my first vps experience. I fear after a month in @skorupion wonka's chocolate factory I may struggle to return to a lifetime of eating gruel in grandpa's attic

Thanked by (1)typicalGta
  • vyasvyas OG
    edited November 2022

Below image, my friends, is what they call as Simple Horny Motion

Here’s a poem that I wrote in honour of this great scientific demonstration…

While OGF has drama and commotion,
    They haven’t the slightest notion…

With splendid candour and devotion,
    This thread has images to evoke emotion

Some may call it desire, others temptation.
    For many, they will need ablution.

To the beaches, requires mini vacation…
    But the images do offer some ministration.

The offers come with promise and provocation,
    The wait causes anxiety and consternation.

Daytime for some, passes with expectation.
    Night for others, with hope or frustration.

And on it goes.

Vyas 

@root

@root said:

@Nekki said:

@root said:

@jmgcaguicla said:

@Jab said:

Drama?

Thanked by (2)FrankZ root
  • @root said:

@forces said:
    Just saw that the reaction about the chess is completely diff here than OGF

This is absolutely true. I also love chess. Problem is: others don't know or don't like chess, so they feel marginalised or excluded by such a captcha.

I dunno chess really, but still fun, and i still play for really long time with many retries just now xd
    The idea itself is so much fun already, priceless idea
    Damn, it's idea like this that sparks the advancement of mankind :p

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider
    edited November 2022

In celebration of the dumpster fire that was OGF, here's another limited stock promo (this time on LES):

Randomized CPU (4 vCPU)
    32GB DDR4 ECC Memory
    120GB Pure SSD Storage
    4TB Bandwidth (1 Gbps)
    Located in Amsterdam, NL (Virtual location)
    Advanced DDoS Mitigation
    $7.99/month

Coupon code 65P2FVQ2OI at checkout
    Maximum of 3 uses (one per person)

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• Advin said: (Virtual location)

Thanks, I have nothing to complain about now <3

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@LES-BOT said:
    From @InceptionHosting (Inception Hosting) -

The time has come... May the fastest man person entity win!

Specifications:

• Phoenix
    • 4GB RAM
    • 2 vCPU
    • 70GB Disk
    • 35TB Bandwidth
    • Free Direct Admin
    • IPv6 Available.
    • €4 /month

Order link: https://clients.inceptionhosting.com/index.php?rp=/store/phoenix-kvm-vps/phx-ssd-kvm-4096

Coupon code: O212PYZCC8

This applies to Monthly only, 1 per Customer, and may not be used with other promotions.

Quantity: 4

Sorry to those that missed out, this is in part due to someone registering 2 accounts to bypass the 1 per account and then also entering fake details, so the promo codes got wasted, I am now too tired to remedy this after a long shift, so I am afraid they are just gone.

People never consider the human element when only thinking about themselves.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.