Black Friday '22 @ LowEndSpirit | Flash Deals + Discussion Thread

Comments

• rootroot OG
    edited November 2022

On the other forum it seems as if many providers try to exploit the psychological concept of "fear of missing out". The offers are extremely limited in quantity and come packed with statements depicting some form of "last chance". I do not like what that forum has become and how it became a psychological game of "fear of missing out" and a magnet for bots and scripts trying to catch extremely limited offers in quantity.

Maybe it's just me (most likely it's just me) for I like crazy low-profit and yet sustainable offers to accommodate multiple happy customers, which later might become fans kept for long term feedback and for solid reviews. This is what I learned from Virmach and their insane deals of the past which made them grow organically and gained popularity during Black Friday.

Most likely this is just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Thanked by (3)benz Shot² FrankZ

How are you... online?

• @root said:
    On the other forum it seems as if many providers try to exploit the psychological concept of "fear of missing out". The offers are extremely limited in quantity and come packed with statements depicting some form of "last chance". I do not like what that forum has become and how it became a psychological game of "fear of missing out" and a magnet for bots and scripts trying to catch extremely limited offers in quantity.

Maybe it's just me (most likely it's just me) for I like crazy low-profit and yet sustainable offers to accommodate multiple happy customers, which later might become fans kept for long term feedback and for solid reviews. This is what I learned from Virmach and their insane deals of the past which made them grow organically and gained popularity during Black Friday.

Most likely this is just my opinion. I could be wrong.

In my place that's called trigerring impulse buy.

Thanked by (1)visualwebtechno
  • rootroot OG
    edited November 2022

I have not seen many providers including Two Factor Authentication in their control panel. KivoBytes has this, and I like it. Even if a hacker gains access to Client Area, they can't get access to panel of servers if 2FA is enabled there. Basically a client can have 2 2FA's: one for client area, one for servers panel. This is absolutely wonderful and I have not seen this before with other low-end providers.

Problem is: it has the Yubikey option but I can't get it to work. Upon tapping the Yubikey the field gets filled with some text data, but the error "The supplied code is invalid." appears on screen. Maybe @skorupion you could have a look at this, because it would be wonderful to secure Client Area by Authenticator and the Server Area by multiple Yubikeys. This way a company could have multiple employees accessing just the Server area, each employee with a separate Yubikey. This is just an idea since I like what you have there.

Adding to the review: IPv4 address is completely clean with all public blacklists (checked with Hetrixtools).

How are you... online?

• gleertgleert Hosting Provider

Flash Sale - 4 available (in order of payment)

4 CPU, 16GB RAM and 80GB SSD

64 €/year (+vat if applicable) - Order Now

Thanked by (4)ehab miu FrankZ Ganonk

Our VPSes (ask for a recurring coupon code) Mailchannels low volume plans

• edited November 2022

@gleert said:

can i have nested vir enabled please?

@ehab said:

@gleert said:

can i have nested vir enabled please?

Sorry...

• edited November 2022

@gleert - cpu nested virtualization ?

No..

• @gleert said:
    No..

please cancel order # 4356695751

• @root said:
    I have not seen many providers including Two Factor Authentication in their control panel. KivoBytes has this, and I like it. Even if a hacker gains access to Client Area, they can't get access to panel of servers if 2FA is enabled there. Basically a client can have 2 2FA's: one for client area, one for servers panel. This is absolutely wonderful and I have not seen this before with other low-end providers.

Problem is: it has the Yubikey option but I can't get it to work. Upon tapping the Yubikey the field gets filled with some text data, but the error "The supplied code is invalid." appears on screen. Maybe @skorupion you could have a look at this, because it would be wonderful to secure Client Area by Authenticator and the Server Area by multiple Yubikeys. This way a company could have multiple employees accessing just the Server area, each employee with a separate Yubikey. This is just an idea since I like what you have there.

Adding to the review: IPv4 address is completely clean with all public blacklists (checked with Hetrixtools).

This is true, most client area has 2FA since all are same system, but control panel i only see buyvm has this

• @gleert said:

Flash Sale - 4 available (in order of payment)

4 CPU, 16GB RAM and 80GB SSD

64 €/year (+vat if applicable) - Order Now

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
    #              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2022-11-22                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #
    # ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #

Thu Nov 24 17:48:38 PST 2022

Basic System Information:
    ---------------------------------
    Uptime     : 0 days, 0 hours, 1 minutes
    Processor  : AMD EPYC 7302 16-Core Processor
    CPU cores  : 4 @ 3000.000 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 15.7 GiB
    Swap       : 0.0 KiB
    Disk       : 78.7 GiB
    Distro     : Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
    Kernel     : 4.15.0-22-generic

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 64.73 MB/s   (16.1k) | 293.64 MB/s   (4.5k)
    Write      | 64.84 MB/s   (16.2k) | 295.19 MB/s   (4.6k)
    Total      | 129.58 MB/s  (32.3k) | 588.83 MB/s   (9.2k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 110.89 MB/s    (216) | 347.82 MB/s    (339)
    Write      | 116.79 MB/s    (228) | 370.99 MB/s    (362)
    Total      | 227.69 MB/s    (444) | 718.81 MB/s    (701)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping
    -----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 882 Mbits/sec   | 789 Mbits/sec   | 6.99 ms
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 910 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 10.5 ms
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | 882 Mbits/sec   | 894 Mbits/sec   | 2.12 ms
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | 841 Mbits/sec   | 259 Mbits/sec   | 82.0 ms
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | 859 Mbits/sec   | 162 Mbits/sec   | 80.9 ms
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | 729 Mbits/sec   | 81.0 Mbits/sec  | 123 ms
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 779 Mbits/sec   | 271 Mbits/sec   | 153 ms

Geekbench 5 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value
                    |
    Single Core     | 891
    Multi Core      | 3076
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/18858313

Good day and Goodbye

• @forces said:

@root said:

This is true, most client area has 2FA since all are same system, but control panel i only see buyvm has this

KivoBytes has it. That is a really big plus. Yubikey ain't working in my case, but there is also the option of Authenticator which works.

Now I just noticed when digging deeper: in their Fair Use Policy it's clearly stated they prohibit "hosting adult content". Why, just why? Why would a provider prohibit adults with their "content"?

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin FrankZ

How are you... online?

• @root said: Now I just noticed when digging deeper: in their Fair Use Policy it's clearly stated they prohibit "hosting adult content". Why, just why? Why would a provider prohibit adults with their "content"?

Copy/paste TOS syndrome most likely.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin FrankZ
  • rootroot OG
    edited November 2022

@Nekki said:

@root said: Now I just noticed when digging deeper: in their Fair Use Policy it's clearly stated they prohibit "hosting adult content". Why, just why? Why would a provider prohibit adults with their "content"?

Copy/paste TOS syndrome most likely.

Possibly. Games are not forbidden (which is good). CPU abuse is not mentioned (maybe they have enforced the share of CPU somehow). Tor's exit-node is not mentioned (might be good for privacy). Cryptocurrency mining and seeding are not mentioned either.

How are you... online?

• @tetech said:

Just bang-average pop without incredible choreography.

Nekki's rating: browntown

Flash Sale - limited stock

1 CPU, 2GB RAM and 50GB NVMe

19 €/year (+vat if applicable) - Order Now

2 CPU, 4GB RAM and 100GB NVMe

38 €/year (+vat if applicable) - Order Now

4 CPU, 8GB RAM and 200GB NVMe

76 €/year (+vat if applicable) - Order Now

Thanked by (3)Sova miu FrankZ

• visualwebtechnovisualwebtechno Hosting ProviderOG

Next round Flash Deals Visualwebtechnologies.com 2022
    ~~~~
    LowEnd Black-Friday 2022

WHM + cPanel Reseller 60%OFF
    25 GB SSD Space
    20 cPanel Accounts
    CloudLinux + Softaculous
    5TB Bandwidth @ 1Gbps
    Offer Price: $75.00 $30.00$/year
    Coupon : FAT32CPR
    STOCK: ONLY 10
    ORDER

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @wankel said:

@AuroraZero said:

@typicalGta said:

@AuroraZero said:

@FrankZ said:

@>; @skorupion said:

# Might restock it later:

100% OFF - Quantity 1 - 1 time discount

Coupon code:
    KivoBytesTheBest

ORDER HERE

Plan:
    1 vCore (25% constant usage)
    1 GB RAM
    30 GB NVMe
    1 TB Bandwidth @ 1 Gbps
    1 IPv4 + /64 IPv6
    Free DDoS protection
    Free Daily backup

Heck yea !!!

I would but I do not do yearly unless I have been with them for a full year. Just my own policy and nothing against any hoster.

understandable. cries in the corner

nah don't cry man here is a beer on the doggo delivery service

Sorry to be late to the party, butt I think I don't want to know where that beer came from

Hey now I serve only the best to my guests. I reserve the rot gut for myself. Plus no one a d I mean no one gets my butt chugging beers

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @visualwebtechno said:

Who should I perform my CPR to?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @FAT32 said:

@visualwebtechno said:

It was short for coprophilia, not cardiopulmonary resuscitation…

Thanked by (1)FAT32
  • @Mason said: Oh shit! Here we go!!

P.S. that captcha is legendary, @Advin

Shame!!! :o

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@FAT32 said:

@visualwebtechno said:

@ehab is always down for a little mouth-to-mouth "resuscitation"

Thanked by (4)ehab FAT32 FrankZ TheDP

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• I also blow dry first

• DewlanceDewlance Hosting ProviderOG

Shared Hosting:
    1GB, UK, DA - Price: $3.2/yr - Order Link

1GB, Frankfurt EU, DA - Price: $3.2/yr - Order Link

1GB, Frankfurt EU, DA - Price: $3.2/yr - Order Link

Reseller Hosting:
    30GB, 750GB/mo BW, DirectAdmin.
    UK Reseller Hosting - $14/Yr

Frankfurt Reseller Hosting - $14/Yr

Canada Reseller Hosting - $14/Yr

PreMadeKB
    PreMadeKB.com Provides ReadyMade and Professionally written Articles for your WHMCS/Blesta/HostBill/WISECP/SupportPal and WordPress. This is useful for your customers and it can save your time and tickets.

PreMadeKB can be used even by WordPress bloggers. We have 444+ Articles.

25% OFF.
    Order PreMadeKB (Coupon: MegaDealsKB )

WHMCS GiftCard: Issue Gift cards, give credits to your customers same as big companies gives $50, $100 credits to their customers or visitors.
    - Supports English, Spanish and Hindi language.

Order WHMCS Gift Card

Dewlance - Affordable Shared/Reseller/Master Reseller Hosting
    WHMCS Addon - DemoTiger Video KB - Tutorial Videos for Hosting Providers.

• @Dewlance said:

u must be tired.

btw, the second 1GB, Frankfurt EU, DA should be Canada i think.

• where is @FrankZ

Thanked by (2)miu FrankZ
  • @Nekki said: Tell them to come here then. There's no reason to stay on LET unless you like seeing the same offers weekly, DustySpamBo and wildly inconsistent moderation.

Turns out I've got no comrades left there. What a failure of a weeb commander am I!
    Wildly inconsistent moderation? You got a ban or something?

Thanked by (2)_MS_ chimichurri
  • _MS__MS_ OG
    edited November 2022

@Murv said:

@Nekki said: Tell them to come here then. There's no reason to stay on LET unless you like seeing the same offers weekly, DustySpamBo and wildly inconsistent moderation.

Turns out I've got no comrades left there. What a failure of a weeb commander am I!
    Wildly inconsistent moderation? You got a ban or something?

This BFCM, LES has become the new LECave or LEClub (LE for Low End, but could also be the French Le [The]).

Thanked by (1)FrankZ