[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @VirMach said:

• 2 coffees (yes, I'm ashamed, I have an espresso machine now and still ordered coffee)
    • 1 crepe (with nutella on it)
    • 1 double quarter pounder with cheese except I made it into a 1 pounder and ate the whole thing
    • 1 fast food dessert thingy (mini muffin/bite size cake)
    • 2 chicken sandwiches (the pretend kind like ground up ultra-processed ligaments and breading)
    • 1 bagel

That sounds like something I'd eat in a single meal.

• skysky
    edited November 2022

@VirMach I got a weird problem.
    I don't have any active window, just one in background untouched normally; while I swap to it, click services tab, it prompts above.
    How could it happen while I don't even have a page active?

I guess this might be caused by some programming glitch like feed unavailable cookie loop (not caused by my side).
    Last days while I try to login to ticket system after long idle, it often prompts that I have unsuccessful login and ban 15min, while I didn't even see login page.

It would be great if you can give me some advice to avoid this.

• @sky said: It would be great if you can give me some advice to avoid this.

Advice: Don't have the page opened if you don't need it.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• skysky
    edited November 2022

@Jab said:

@sky said: It would be great if you can give me some advice to avoid this.

Advice: Don't have the page opened if you don't need it.

Well, ... but it takes long to go back to site, wait for auto detection, enter login credential, then click on the part I wish.

If I need to constantly check one section, leave one tab open and refresh while I need is more reasonable, right?

I think I shouldn't be blamed by this.

In addition, I don't have the attacking-like problem while I do so on other sites.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

I do not have this issue when using Brave browser and leaving client area open in a tab for long time. Some other browsers yes, Brave never. Just saying.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@shadowban said:

@VirMach said:
    Plans were changed later on, wasn't meant to apply retroactively but we also weren't meant to delay these for that long either. Oversight.

Suspected as much, and it happens when you try to clean up your order backlog. No worries.
    You didn't answer though if you'll sort these out later on or god forbid we'd have to open a ticket about it :# :p

Thanks!

Ticket, since ticket is already set up for them if you're keeping it you technically don't have to reply but you can reply to let us know to update the specs and that'd be the cleanest way to process them. I'd say I would go through and fi them all but in this case I think it's best to focus on whoever needs it first.

Thanked by (1)shadowban
  • @FrankZ said:
    I do not have this issue when using Brave browser and leaving client area open in a tab for long time. Some other browsers yes, Brave never. Just saying.

This probably depends where you leave the client area open - some parts (like single service/server view) are doing AJAX request (Online/offline status) and after some time you will get logged out, those AJAX will end with "please login in" and getting banned.

Thanked by (1)sky

@sky said:

@VirMach I got a weird problem.
    I don't have any active window, just one in background untouched normally; while I swap to it, click services tab, it prompts above.
    How could it happen while I don't even have a page active?

I guess this might be caused by some programming glitch like feed unavailable cookie loop (not caused by my side).
    Last days while I try to login to ticket system after long idle, it often prompts that I have unsuccessful login and ban 15min, while I didn't even see login page.

It would be great if you can give me some advice to avoid this.

This sometimes gets me too, the most I've figured out that it's most likely some memory saving feature on Chrome. It's just a guess. I've looked at logs and it's difficult to pinpoint the exact time it happens. My numbers definitely never go as high as yours though and I usually have a ton open so I'm not sure what happened there.

We just need to get rid of it at this point or modify it heavily, at least to where it's not a daily ban thing and instead goes based off shorter time periods. I'll see if I can work that in before I forget for the 30th time. Well not really forget, but just not actually do it.

Thanked by (3)sky tarasis theloafingone

@FrankZ said:

Which is funny since everything runs on Chromium these days. Maybe they ultra "optimize" Chrome.

• @VirMach said:

@bliss said: delay of deliveries (promised IPv6 has not been deployed; my large storage VPS in Japan is still pending)

These are going to get activated in Los Angeles today, with a button added to request refund where we'll honor refunds for anyone who doesn't like Los Angeles, full refund instead in those cases. You'll get an email.

IPv6, will add a request button today for any plans that were advertised as maybe getting IPv6 later to request it.

I failed to see any IPv6 progress, sorry, but it seems you have your own definition of "today".

MicroLXC is lovable.

• Who's drunk and buying servers?

Thanked by (1)skorous
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@VirMach said: Which is funny since everything runs on Chromium these days. Maybe they ultra "optimize" Chrome.

I don't know why. I leave it logged in for days or weeks, mainly on the client area home page, or the network status page. I just don't see this issue ever. Even when I forget and leave it open in a VM, the status just times out and I need to refresh to get it to show again, but I never get an IP ban. Just saying.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• 1.5 hour of Windows Chrome in /clientarea.php and not a single request generated aka no ban.

• @imok said:
    Who's drunk and buying servers?

I WISH I was drunk buying servers. Didn’t get to the supermarket today. Maybe tomorrow or Monday :)

Thanked by (1)imok
  • @FrankZ said:

@VirMach said: Which is funny since everything runs on Chromium these days. Maybe they ultra "optimize" Chrome.

I don't know why. I leave it logged in for days or weeks, mainly on the client area home page, or the network status page. I just don't see this issue ever. Even when I forget and leave it open in a VM, the status just times out and I need to refresh to get it to show again, but I never get an IP ban. Just saying.

Firefox here, and I never get banned for keeping pages open either.

@imok said:
    Who's drunk and buying servers?

I was a little drunk and pretty high and accidentally bought a KS-LE-1 instead of the SYS-LE-1 I meant to order. I swear it had the right one in my cart until I logged into paypal, but I had left multiple checkout pages open apparently and it refreshed to the last one I was looking at. I couldn't figure out how to cancel it, decided screw it I'll keep it and grabbed an SYS-LE-2 instead.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ imok
  • @edenten said:

@VirMach said:

Plans were changed later on, wasn't meant to apply retroactively but we also weren't meant to delay these for that long either. Oversight.

The users who originally bought it in your configuration waited so long. So now you are arbitrarily defaulting to save your budget?

No, that's not what this means. Try again.

• @bakageta said:

Oops but nice! If this is still available Monday I could be tempted for €19.99+vat

CPU : Intel Xeon E5-1650v2 - 6c/12t - 3.5 GHz/3.9 GHz
    Memory : 32 GB DDR3 ECC
    Storage : 2 x 800 GB SSD SATA Soft RAID
    Public bandwidth : 100 Mbps

• edited November 2022

@VirMach said:
    Taking guesses on the total account tally from this session of adding them up, since there's only so many options it could realistically be I'll take the next 10 guesses. If anyone guesses it correctly (exact) and your LES signup date isn't in the last 3 months, I'll throw in a prize or something, it's been pretty boring/quiet around here for a few weeks.

EDIT: I was late, but I was close!

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • I am just clicking my random idlers in panel and I can see that one of the VPS that should be running on Node TPAZ002.VIRM.AC is down with Operation Timed Out After blablabla. I see entry about TPAZ002 (or 005, told ya to fix it :( ) in Network Status about a month ago talking 2-4 hours downtime motherboard swap, VirMach status shows Last updated 1 month ago.

Is this thing really dead for a month without any updates? Last thing I remember is that @VirMach requested shipping server from DC to office/home (I assume), but that around end of last month.

• Should I start a Winter Host called Not Virmch yet?

• Was the maintenance on TYOC002S finished, or delayed?

• @fan said:
    Was the maintenance on TYOC002S finished, or delayed?

According to Network Status:

Tokyo maintenance was not processed per the original maintenance window. We're rescheduling this for a later time.

Thanked by (1)fan
  • The status of my Ticket is “On Hold” now. Does it mean that it is in progress?

My Ticket is to request a refund for the Tokyo storage VPS, should I continue to wait as prompted?

Thanks

• edited November 2022

@lemoncube said:

@fan said:
    Was the maintenance on TYOC002S finished, or delayed?

According to Network Status:

Tokyo maintenance was not processed per the original maintenance window. We're rescheduling this for a later time.

Just wonder how would the chad handle the CPU steal burst on TYOC002S, using nvme cache I presume?

smartass shitposting satirist

• Is there an IP address in the Tokyo area that is not blocked by GFW? I bought an IP address that has been blocked by GFW on the 26th. I need to replace it. Clicking the "$5" button does not change it. Ticket submitted. Ticket ID: 922362

• Where are the deals?

@Shirahane said:
    The status of my Ticket is “On Hold” now. Does it mean that it is in progress?

My Ticket is to request a refund for the Tokyo storage VPS, should I continue to wait as prompted?

Thanks

Use the new generated ticket for them. If it's not yet created, wait for it to be created (around 6 people are left I think.) On hold right now mostly means rounded up tickets that most likely should be closed, but we're not 100% sure so we're going to manually go through them and decide if we should close it or put it back in the queue.

Thanked by (1)Shirahane

@a541619896 said:
    Is there an IP address in the Tokyo area that is not blocked by GFW? I bought an IP address that has been blocked by GFW on the 26th. I need to replace it. Clicking the "$5" button does not change it. Ticket submitted. Ticket ID: 922362

Ticket shouldn't be submitted for these. You request a change and then when it fails reply on that ticket. Usually anything outside of this process just results in the function/optional feature being removed from your account.

We're improving the message to more clearly label errors when it's related to the node not having additional IPs available or maybe disable being able to use the request when it's full.

What you can do is request a migration to a different region if available IPv4 pool for GFW blocks is important to you. We're not processing any Tokyo to Tokyo migrations for IP changes because it's not a viable solution, eventually any new node will also face the same issue in that region if the usage levels from China is higher. The only way to alleviate it is if you get GFW blocked and it's in Tokyo, people naturally decide to move away. Or you have to wait until IPv4 pool becomes available for the request which may be indefinite if no one moves.

And of course one final option I'm not mentioning due to cost but just in case you're interested, we can add an additional /24 block to the node pool for $1,536 per year. So if two people are interested in that, $768 per year each, and so on.

• where is virmach bot this year? a lot fun to follow vir bot

• edited November 2022

@VirMach said:
    What you can do is request a migration to a different region if available IPv4 pool for GFW blocks is important to you. We're not processing any Tokyo to Tokyo migrations for IP changes because it's not a viable solution, eventually any new node will also face the same issue in that region if the usage levels from China is higher. The only way to alleviate it is if you get GFW blocked and it's in Tokyo, people naturally decide to move away. Or you have to wait until IPv4 pool becomes available for the request which may be indefinite if no one moves.

And of course one final option I'm not mentioning due to cost but just in case you're interested, we can add an additional /24 block to the node pool for $1,536 per year. So if two people are interested in that, $768 per year each, and so on.

Dude, do you mean if anyone who pay $768 per year will get 128 IP address?

Have you considered enforce somewhat limitation?

GCV has a policy that limit MJJ one IP change per month.

The fee to change the IP address in the EU/US is $2/one-time fee, in APAC is $3/one-time fee. Please note it will be limited to one time a month with users in China who have IP blocked by GFW, subject to availability. Furthermore, we do not guarantee the accessibility of provided datacenter IPs to Netflix, Disney+, dating sites nor any website that might potentially ban datacenter IPs such as etsy.com and etc.

The provider most impressed is the BWH, their IP change fee is a floating price effected by availability like an auction, which truely made a fortune from MJJs

smartass shitposting satirist

This discussion has been closed.