Windscribe VPN 30GB per month for Iran

edited November 2022 in General
  1. Register a free account (you need to add an email address)
  2. Confirm email address
  3. Under My account > claim voucher, enter EDITED
  4. ???
  5. Profit

This is from their blog post about the situation in Iran, you can read it here.

If you are located outside of Iran, we humbly request that you don’t use the code (you probably still will, but it is worth an ask); instead, spread it to anyone you know in Iran.

This code is not permanent, and the extra free data will be removed from the account in the future.

Comments

• Bellend move to exploit the generosity aimed at folks in Iran.

It's like robbing a food bank when you've got full cupboards at home.

• I don't understand why such tone towards me and why are you trigger-happy to attack, but it doesn't matter. If my intention was what you are stating, obviously I wouldn't link to the exact blog post and even quote the part. I don't know anyone in Iran, so this might help to spread the word.

• @hyperton said:
    I don't understand why such tone towards me and why are you trigger-happy to attack, but it doesn't matter. If my intention was what you are stating, obviously I wouldn't link to the exact blog post and even quote the part. I don't know anyone in Iran, so this might help to spread the word.

I don't understand why you're attempting to exploit goodwill for kudos.

Your move, murderer.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited November 2022

Unlike most countries and jurisdictions, LES actually literally has a rule that says: "don't be a dick!"
    Hence, the original post was edited.

It's an act of good will to help Iran folks on the part of Windscribe, that is not intended to be abused for freeloading by others.
    Don't be "that guy."

Thanked by (3)Nekki mfs FrankZ

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said: Don't be "that guy."

If you really think my intention was to be "that guy" or be a dick, please feel free to delete the post completely.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited November 2022

@hyperton said:

@bikegremlin said: Don't be "that guy."

If you really think my intention was to be "that guy" or be a dick, please feel free to delete the post completely.

That's what it looked like.

Title and text is basically all I have to work with and make a decision.

With long-term members that have hundreds of posts, it's a bit easier to understand the context, intentions etc (based on the previous record, character if you like), but with this post - I worked with what's available, and made the best decision I could (not that I'm the brightest guy in the room and other mods will hopefully correct me if I've made a mistake).

Edit: the "don't be that guy" is aimed towards anyone abusing the offer - i.e. not being from Iran and using it to freeload.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @bikegremlin said: Title and text is basically all I have to work with and make a decision.

To be honest, the title is intentionally written like that, because I think we can both agree that the current one will generate more traffic and potentially come to the people intended for than "Windscribe: the troubles in Iran".

With long-term members that have hundreds of posts, it's a bit easier to understand the context, intentions etc

Understandable and I agree, but this is a two-way street. If I looked like a dick and "that guy" from yours or Nekki's perspective, the same can be said for you two from mine. I came here for a "better" alternative of LET, and as a new member, I got quite a welcome.

All in all, my intention was to contribute, but obviously, by my own fault, I ended up in the opposite situation, hence I won't bother again.

• @hyperton said:

@bikegremlin said: Title and text is basically all I have to work with and make a decision.

To be honest, the title is intentionally written like that, because I think we can both agree that the current one will generate more traffic and potentially come to the people intended for than "Windscribe: the troubles in Iran".

With long-term members that have hundreds of posts, it's a bit easier to understand the context, intentions etc

Understandable and I agree, but this is a two-way street. If I looked like a dick and "that guy" from yours or Nekki's perspective, the same can be said for you two from mine. I came here for a "better" alternative of LET, and as a new member, I got quite a welcome.

All in all, my intention was to contribute, but obviously, by my own fault, I ended up in the opposite situation, hence I won't bother again.

C'mon now, don't be all butthurt. A better thing to take would be how that type of post ( I also took you as a freeloader promoting abuse ) was received so next time you don't make the same mistake.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin FrankZ
  • NekkiNekki OG
    edited November 2022

@hyperton said:

Understandable and I agree, but this is a two-way street. If I looked like a dick and "that guy" from yours or Nekki's perspective, the same can be said for you two from mine.

I couldn't care less whether you think I'm a dick or not. I am what I am, you'll either learn to love me or you'll despise me forever, I'm fine with either.

I came here for a "better" alternative of LET, and as a new member, I got quite a welcome.

Do you go into McDonalds expecting a Wendy's and then kick-off when you don't get a delicious Dave Double combo with chocolate Frosty?

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • nice this is easy to poke in those Iran telegram groups, not sure how to compare full-blown vpn with mtproto proxy though

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.