Shockhosting.net dedicated server review

Hi friends,
One of my servers (RAID-1) at @ShockHosting shockhosting.net had one disk removed without noticed.
Ticket was opened to ask for a reason and for the second disk, and I was asked for root login.
Will you need a root login to install a hard disk?

Comments

• Hm?
    Isn't this a review? Looks like a low-end support ticket to me.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• So... it should be deleted from review.

• Maybe they detected a hard drive failure and are replacing it for you.

• @bsh said:
    Hi friends,
    One of my servers (RAID-1) at @ShockHosting shockhosting.net had one disk removed without noticed.
    Ticket was opened to ask for a reason and for the second disk, and I was asked for root login.
    Will you need a root login to install a hard disk?

Why don’t you ask them they want it instead of us?

They may planning on verifying everything is working properly rather than just leaving it to you to sort it. If you don’t like that, I’m sure they’d simply replace the drive and leave you to deal with everything else.

Thanked by (2)imok Khalequzzaman
  • @bsh said: One of my servers (RAID-1) at @ShockHosting shockhosting.net had one disk removed without noticed.

Are you sure about that? Maybe it was removed from the soft RAID device, and not physically. Probably that's why they asked your root password.

Or maybe not...

• How is this a review? There are many reasons why they would need a password. It's common practice. Just give them the password. Let them fix your server and change it again. What is the big deal?

Vladimir S. - IT Consultant, Entrepreneur, Web Developer, and Disability Advocate.

[email protected] | www.ivlad.net

• I was happy with ShockHosting, used them as backup service. Would buy it again if needed.

• @Amadex said:
    I was happy with ShockHosting, used them as backup service. Would buy it again if needed.

I have two servers with them. They are awesome.

Vladimir S. - IT Consultant, Entrepreneur, Web Developer, and Disability Advocate.

[email protected] | www.ivlad.net

• RAID0.5

Thanked by (3)FrankZ imok chimichurri
  • I'm happy with ShockHosting too. I have a couple of E3s SSD in Dallas. Really cheap at $40/m.

No hardware or network issues since I got them a year and a half ago. I like the server control panel too.

The only bad thing is they didn't do any flash sale this past BF 😁

Thanked by (1)bdl