servaRICA - Where should we open new location ?

servarica_haniservarica_hani Hosting ProviderOG

Hi All,

We think we are ready for new location and I would like to take the feedback from members here about our next location choice

We have checked many DCs in the US and in the Asia in order to decide on the next location and we would like to take your feedback where you prefer to see our next location

regardless where is the new location we will keep the specs and the prices the same (the BW maybe limited in Asia but all other specs should match)

Initially mostly will go with the bandwidth mix the datacenter offers as we will start with 1 rack in the new location and grow with time

Also if you have specific datacenter in each location that you can recommend (having good network please do in the comments as that is important factor as well )

I posted in offtopic as i am not sure where such thread should go

Thanks

Where in the world you prefer that we open our next location
  1. Where in USA you prefer to see our next location59 votes
    1. Ashburn
      11.86%
    2. Chicago
      11.86%
    3. Dallas
        3.39%
    4. Los Angeles
      52.54%
    5. New York
      20.34%
  2. Where in Asian reagion you want to see our new location ?59 votes
    1. Indonesia
      16.95%
    2. Japan
      35.59%
    3. Malaysia
        8.47%
    4. Singapore
      38.98%
  3. Middle East ?59 votes
    1. Egypt
      20.34%
    2. Kuwait
      13.56%
    3. Qatar
      18.64%
    4. UAE
      47.46%
Thanked by (2)vgood spiritlhl

Comments

• vote SG +1

Thanked by (1)vgood
  • Your current location is good. Put the money into more disk drives for your storage plans instead. ;)

• Would love Chicago location, not-bad latency to both west and east coast :D

Thanked by (1)skorous
  • @matheny515 said:
    Would love Chicago location, not-bad latency to both west and east coast :D

Close to the one they already have though

• Any chance for a EU location? DE, NL, ...

Thanked by (2)vgood Nadwey
  • hopefully it will come true soon for the Los Angeles and Singapore locations

Thanked by (1)corbpie
  • Indonesia

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

looks like LA and SG both are equally high in demand.

have always wanted to get your storage, so either new location will be much appreciated.

Thanked by (1)vgood

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Just a thought, but what about the West coast?

Most all of the listed locations are already well served and with that comes competition; whereas Vancouver is a rarity.

• servarica_haniservarica_hani Hosting ProviderOG

@darb said:
    Just a thought, but what about the West coast?

Most all of the listed locations are already well served and with that comes competition; whereas Vancouver is a rarity.

based on my understanding most cables that connect to APAC go through California and most are around LA, So Although Vancouver is the easiest option for us I feel it will just add few ms delay to any location since only 1 submarine cable goes through Vancouver

I wish Vancouver was better connected as that would make my life easier for handling the west coast

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero
  • LA, SG & Qatar** best for me US & Asian market,

Japan also fine but still prefer SG,
    **i'm lazy to see the world map so just assumed that Qatar has closest distance to india, SEAsia and AUS

Thanked by (1)vgood
  • Singapore.

• I'm in western US so mostly would want to be near here. I wobbled between LA and Dallas in the poll. LA is closer but I already have some storage there, so a different location would help resillience in case of an earthquake or the like. So, I picked Dallas in the poll, partly since LA was ahead and I wanted to help indicate that both locations had proponents.

I'm mostly only interested in big cheap storage, not general purpose smaller VPS.

• DanielDaniel OG
    edited December 2022

Also if you have specific datacenter in each location that you can recommend

Equinix, HiVelocity, Telehouse , Digital Realty, and CoreSite in/near Los Angeles.

I know you just mentioned Southern California (Los Angeles), but if you are interested in Northern California then OpenColo are very good.

Thanked by (1)servarica_hani
  • @Daniel said:

Also if you have specific datacenter in each location that you can recommend

Equinix, HiVelocity, Telehouse , Digital Realty, and CoreSite in/near Los Angeles.

I know you just mentioned Southern California (Los Angeles), but if you are interested in Northern California then OpenColo are very good.

Not a megafan of Equinix in LA, their remote hands are... interesting over there

• singapore and indonesia