Luminar AI (AI powered photo editing software) is free today until midnight

2»

Comments

• FFS! I thought Adobe Bloatashop was bad! :open_mouth:

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Deal is gone from mydealz tol. Or rather keys seem to be gone.

• The deal is gone.
    Ouch.

@Ympker said:

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • got it activated successfully but still trying to understand what it can do compared to regular editing tools

Why?

edited December 2022

@jmaxwell said:
    got it activated successfully but still trying to understand what it can do compared to regular editing tools

I really like the 1-click AI optimizations it has. Sure, regular editing tools, or e.g. Affinity Photo (which I also have) can achieve the same, but with Affinity for many of these 1-click optimizations (face, portrait, landscape, sky replace, close capture, macro..) I would have to search longer in Affinity Photos mask to accomplish the same (granted I also mostly us AD, not AP). Same goes for my parents, who also got a key: Surely, if you know what you are doing, most regular photo editing tools will allow you to achieve just the same. It's just harder to get there, sometimes. In the end, it was free. If you don't like it, that's that.

@Fritz said:
    The deal is gone.
    Ouch.

@Ympker said:

8000+ likes on mydealz was perhaps a bit hard on the number of keys available.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@Ympker said:

@jmaxwell said:
    got it activated successfully but still trying to understand what it can do compared to regular editing tools

I really like the 1-click AI optimizations it has. Sure, regular editing tools, or e.g. Affinity Photo (which I also have) can achieve the same, but with Affinity for many of these 1-click optimizations (face, portrait, landscape, sky replace, close capture, macro..) I would have to search longer in Affinity Photos mask to accomplish the same (granted I also mostly us AD, not AP). Same goes for my parents, who also got a key: Surely, if you know what you are doing, most regular photo editing tools will allow you to achieve just the same. It's just harder to get there, sometimes. In the end, it was free. If you don't like it, that's that.

@Fritz said:
    The deal is gone.
    Ouch.

@Ympker said:

How can a downloadable software "run out" of keys?
    I call bullshit. :)

They went back on their offer (word).

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

@bikegremlin said:

@Ympker said:

@jmaxwell said:

@Fritz said:
    The deal is gone.
    Ouch.

@Ympker said:

How can a downloadable software "run out" of keys?
    I call bullshit. :)

They went back on their offer (word).

Nah, the keys were likely from a campaign run by a german tech magazine called "chip" (hence the url). They probably allocated a certain amount of keys for the campaign from Skylum. These keys are gone now.

edited December 2022

@Mumbly @Decicus @bikegremlin @MikeA offer is back! Worked just now! Someone on let wrote it's back :)

Also works with gmail now

• edited December 2022

@Ympker said:
    @Mumbly @Decicus @bikegremlin @MikeA offer is back! Worked just now! Someone on let wrote it's back :)

Thanks for requesting a copy of Luminar!
    To get your new software, check your email inbox.

This time it worked also with my own domain mail.

Thanked by (2)Ympker bikegremlin
    edited December 2022

@Mumbly said:

@Ympker said:

Thanks for requesting a copy of Luminar!
    To get your new software, check your email inbox.

This time it worked also with my own domain mail.

Odd. Glad it worked :) Really enjoying the software for some quick edits/glow-ups from holiday pics :)

Thanked by (2)Mumbly bikegremlin
  • I just need to figure it out how to add it to my account. I registered account with the same mail as I requested code, but there's nothing. Maybe I need to activate program first? (I am at work, so I didn't do it yet)

@Mumbly said:
    I just need to figure it out how to add it to my account. I registered account with the same mail as I requested code, but there's nothing. Maybe I need to activate program first? (I am at work, so I didn't do it yet)

I don't know in which order I did things, but I definitely first downloaded the software, installed it and pressed the "activate" button iirc. Then I probably entered the key and then signed up / or there was a sign-up prompt before entering the key.

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • JabJab
    edited December 2022

Yeah, I didn't find a place to activate cd-key online/website - had to install program :<

and it added to autorun/start, duh.

Thanked by (2)Ympker Mumbly

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

edited December 2022

@Jab said:
    Yeah, I didn't find a place to activate cd-key online/website - had to install program :<

and it added to autorun/start, duh.

Yeah, I also activated it in the program but at some point it asked me to register an account to manage it.

The gf said, she installed the software via the link from the email. It was trial at first then she clicked to activate it entering key and registered acc. So probably somehow along these lines. I already forgot tbh. It went rly smooth for me

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • ((Goes to find my Photoshop Elements 2 CDROM ..))

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @Ympker said: Skylum (the software company behind it) usually always publishes their "old" software for free 1 year-ish after the new software gets released (so I don't recommend buying it).

btw. is there date of expiration of licence for Luminar AI at all? I see only date of activation in my account.

@Mumbly said:

@Ympker said: Skylum (the software company behind it) usually always publishes their "old" software for free 1 year-ish after the new software gets released (so I don't recommend buying it).

btw. is there date of expiration of licence for Luminar AI at all? I see only date of activation in my account.

Not that I know. I think it's more like it's gonna stop receiving updates in favour of the next-gen Skylum Software, that currently is "Luminar NEO" (they always publish a new version). Kind of how Affinity Designer v1 now will soon-ish stop to receive updates and Affinity v2 will now be getting updates and be the focus of dev.

Thanked by (1)Mumbly
  • Thank you. It worked.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Actually looked into this software a while back. Really useful for getting things done quickly if you're crunched for time. Kind of like a phone app filter but with a lot more options. Not as powerful as the more expensive stuff, but most people don't even need more than this.

• @Mumbly said:
    I am wondering what I am doing wrong (every time I enter required mail and name)
    I tryed on two different locations, browsers, email addresses - always the same error.

The problem of invalid data, is that the data is not valid, thus making the data invalid and it's validity null and void.
    You have to look for better and stronger data, more robust and powerflu.

edited January 2023

Just a headsup, this is still running with over 19000 likes/upvotes on MyDealz by now :D

Thanked by (2)mbk hornet
  • @Ympker said:
    Just a headsup, this is still running with over 19000 likes/upvotes on MyDealz by now :D

Thank you so much for sharing the deal. Much appreciated.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited January 2023

@mbk said:

@Ympker said:

Thank you so much for sharing the deal. Much appreciated.

You're welcome :) Used it for some photos so far and liked the easy 1-click solutions and AI edits. I'm sure Photoshop pros will do better but this software is still good for casual users, I'd reckon. Can't complain about free, eh?

Thanked by (2)mbk theloafingone
  • @Ympker said: Used it for some photos so far and liked the easy 1-click solutions and AI edits. I'm sure Photoshop pros will do better but this software is still good for casual users, I'd reckon. Can't complain about free, eh?

Yeah I picked it up just for some casual use and it's alright so far. It chugs the RAM so hard but like you said can't complain about free. ;)

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • MyDealz link is still working. Got two keys in case someone needs one. None of the links I was sent to download the actual software are working. Anyone care to share a link?

• JabJab
    edited January 2023

This is the link I got in e-mail and it's working, however no idea if they didn't release some new version or something :D
    https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarai/installer/win/LuminarAISetup.exe

Thanked by (1)hornet

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

@Jab said:
    This is the link I got in e-mail and it's working, however no idea if they didn't release some new version or something :D
    https://downloads.skylum.com/luminarai/installer/win/LuminarAISetup.exe

Yup that link still works, although I also took a backup of the setup file.