VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

I have probably 600 of them all called "test, testing testtest" that I should start terminating.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

@VirMach said:
    I have probably 600 of them all called "test, testing testtest" that I should start terminating.

I think you win.

If they are good ones and you want to transfer them, let me know

Thanked by (2)FAT32 ZA_capetown

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @VirMach said:

Maybe can consider creating a service transfer thread?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @FrankZ said:
    So how many VirMach VPS do people really have ?

4 so far.
    First purchase was on 26th last month.

Avg 7.3usd/yr.
    Tried to snag a couple of monster deals, but either out of stock or PayPal fail. :(

Still looking for a (3c+ 4gb+ 50gb+) machine under 20, but i highly doubt it's coming...

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited January 2023

@FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:

Yeah, then charge $3 transfer commission fee like migration, instant money printer

smartass shitposting satirist

• @VirMach said:

Please check ticket View Ticket #107112
    The server purchased today cannot be turned on

• @sh97 said: Still looking for a (3c+ 4gb+ 50gb+) machine under 20, but i highly doubt it's coming...

EXPIRED

LIMITED OFFER
    $22.94 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    4671MB DDR4 RAM
    3 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    55GB SSD (NVMe)
    5632GB MONTHLY DATA
    ATLANTA, GA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

this one was close to that... I snagged one

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Narcissuss said:

@VirMach said:

They found us.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FAT32 said:

@VirMach said:

I have a different idea: auction on a dedicated page. The starting price would be the same as when offer was created, and whatever amount is gathered beyond that price point (after fees), it gets piled up separately and then transferred to a non-profit organisation of Virmach choice (like Save The Children, Archive.org, Tor, or whatever Virmach wants).

How are you... online?

• @cybertech said:
    what was the spec?

4core / 8gb ram / 100gb space / 4tb bandwidth, was late night deadpool offer in 2017 or 2018. And since upgraded to Ryzen 5950 system ;) It runs a lot of my most commonly / critically used stuff

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

LIMITED OFFER
    $6.94 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    2085MB DDR4 RAM
    1 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    15GB SSD (NVMe)
    1536GB MONTHLY DATA
    PHOENIX, AZ LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• edited January 2023

@FrankZ said:
    LIMITED OFFER
    $6.94 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    2085MB DDR4 RAM
    1 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    15GB SSD (NVMe)
    1536GB MONTHLY DATA
    PHOENIX, AZ LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

That's among the most terrifict low end deals so far. On par with the previous 1829MB DDR4 RAM $6.66 deal.

edited January 2023

@FrankZ said:

@VirMach said:

I think you win.

If they are good ones and you want to transfer them, let me know

They're all like SSD4G plans pretty much, for maximum testing purposes.

@Narcissuss said:

@VirMach said:

This deployed correctly. You re-installed it 3 times and rebooted it and changed configuration* every time while it was installing an OS. You have multiple accounts and also created a priority ticket for this.

You've been billed $15 for the priority ticket (you don't have to pay if you don't want to but you owe the $15 for making the request.) I've corrected your problem by cancelling and refunding you to prevent further operation error, and flagged all your accounts for free.

Please rate your experience:
    https://www.trustpilot.com/review/virmach.com

• @dgc1980 said:

@sh97 said: Still looking for a (3c+ 4gb+ 50gb+) machine under 20, but i highly doubt it's coming...

EXPIRED

LIMITED OFFER
    $22.94 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    4671MB DDR4 RAM
    3 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    55GB SSD (NVMe)
    5632GB MONTHLY DATA
    ATLANTA, GA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

this one was close to that... I snagged one

Ah, did not notice it.. did it come today?

This is the deal i really regret missing

$21.00 /yr

4 vCores CPU
    3498MB RAM
    70GB Disk
    7168GB Transfer

ATLANTA, GA
    2 IP, 1 GIGABIT

[12-30 02:01] * Out of Stock *

• Oh look, Seattle. Wonder if it'll be the borked server again heh.

• @FrankZ said:

@Narcissuss said:

@VirMach said:

They found us.

virmach refunded me, I think it's a good deal, although I need the vps

• @VirMach said: You've been billed $15 for the priority ticket

can I pay this to have my ticket handled?

• edited January 2023

I bet there would be another one star review

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

LIMITED OFFER
    $7.49 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    1983MB DDR4 RAM
    1 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    20GB SSD (NVMe)
    2048GB MONTHLY DATA
    SEATTLE, WA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

• edited January 2023

@FrankZ said:
    LIMITED OFFER
    $7.49 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    1983MB DDR4 RAM
    1 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    20GB SSD (NVMe)
    2048GB MONTHLY DATA
    SEATTLE, WA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Ya would be the victim of SEAZ002

• @FrankZ said:

@Narcissuss said:

@VirMach said:

They found us.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@soulchief said:
    ... I just woke up from a dream.. about virmach. He said there was a major announcement coming and then next thing I saw was a virmach sign and a parking lot full of used buses. They switched to be a used bus dealer... I dont have room for 10 used buses to idle.

Anyways back to sleep.

It's not a proper flash sale unless you're on the page for long enough that it enters your subconscious.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ZA_capetown
  • @VirMach said:

@soulchief said:
    ... I just woke up from a dream.. about virmach. He said there was a major announcement coming and then next thing I saw was a virmach sign and a parking lot full of used buses. They switched to be a used bus dealer... I dont have room for 10 used buses to idle.

Anyways back to sleep.

It's not a proper flash sale unless you're on the page for long enough that it enters your subconscious.

Hi Virmach tell me a joke

@Hakim said:

@Flying_Chinaman said: You could try the PANIC button, but no guarantee of success.

Migration will fail if target destination has no space left
    Thanks

One more thing. How does the transfer fee work? Do I have to pay the fee first or after successful transfer? If I pay first, what will happen if transfer fails?
    I really don't want to deal with Virmach support.

It either gets stuck and gets manually looked at if you don't close it or it gets stuck and it refunds to store credit for you to try again or use it toward something else. No refunds to payment method, we'd do it if it was easy to implement but it's basically not AFAIK and also with transaction fees on some payment methods we'd have to then just restrict to to store credit only anyway.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@VirMach said: and flagged all your accounts for free.

Oh and look he has two accounts at LES too.
    I think he has a compulsion because I caught him as he was trying to make a third account

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint ZA_capetown

• edited January 2023

@FrankZ said:

@VirMach said: and flagged all your accounts for free.

Oh and look he has two accounts at LES too.
    I think he has a compulsion because I caught him as he was trying to make a third account

Hey, why he is still alive, give back my EXT4

Double Standard

@dgc1980 said:

@VirMach said: You've been billed $15 for the priority ticket

can I pay this to have my ticket handled?

Yes, just make a priority ticket and mention you want to be billed for priority/premium support and we'll handle it in the queue. Have payment method on file to get charged or else it might just get closed from how many of these we've been getting from people who don't intend on paying.

Of course we still do it for free if it fits the criteria.

• @VirMach said: Yes, just make a priority ticket and mention you want to be billed for priority/premium support

unable to even submit a priority ticket, added $20 to my account just then, I can post the original ticket if you wish

• DaevienDaevien OG
    edited January 2023

@virmach SEAZ002 / 47.87.193.* is borked for routing btw, some of us ran into that earlier. I've got a ticket in about it already thats supposed to be boosted up to tech, so if latest deal in Sea is on that too, will be some more incoming people.