VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@j0rmo said:
    @VirMach I have a telegram channel to track your flash sale. I would like to consult your opinion, should it be kept or destroyed?

Feel free to keep it, we need to do another flash sale soon to pay for our domain renewal.

• @root said:

@VirMach said:

@erk said:

@nutjob said:

@AlwaysSkint said:
    It spun and then nothing - ach well, didn't really want JP location.

Thanks @Virmach for the efforts. Many of us appreciate it.

The last one was a trap, you're lucky you missed out!

222 is plenty enough for a wireguard proxy
    Just use dropbear instead of openssh, and there's some systemd stuff that needs tweaking over time.

Yeah it'd basically make a sick VPN/SOCKS setup one IP each and run it on a light distro. Then some extra space to keep some files.

Leave them. They don't know how it's done. The limit is in imagination, but they don't know that.

Hey! I was programming in 4KB systems before you were born. Watch your language.

• @VirMach said: Feel free to keep it, we need to do another flash sale soon to pay for our domain renewal.

Calm down, you just paid the phone bill, you can't go all in this month.

Thanked by (1)shallow

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @VirMach said:
    This is a good time to tease Epyc flash sale. Don't expect to sleep too long and then I still have to ship out these like 30 other Ryzens sitting here collecting dust.

I want EPYC migrate button for moving from Ryzen to EPYC.
    Ryzen is for amateurs.
    Mentally strong people prefer enterprise grade EPYC designed for data center and offers better stability.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said: Mentally strong people prefer enterprise grade EPYC designed for data center and offers better stability.

with XPG SSD drivers!

Thanked by (1)lemoncube

• @VirMach said: Most the 30 Ryzens are going to Tokyo

Thanked by (4)VirMach FrankZ FAT32 Mason

smartass shitposting satirist

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

@nutjob said:

@root said:

@VirMach said:

@erk said:

@nutjob said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

Just use dropbear instead of openssh, and there's some systemd stuff that needs tweaking over time.

Yeah it'd basically make a sick VPN/SOCKS setup one IP each and run it on a light distro. Then some extra space to keep some files.

Leave them. They don't know how it's done. The limit is in imagination, but they don't know that.

Hey! I was programming in 4KB systems before you were born. Watch your language.

Sounds right. This is Low End Spirit after all.
    I will just need to find a slimmed down O/S to use and it should be golden.
    Swap is still a thing right ?

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @Jab said:

@yoursunny said: Mentally strong people prefer enterprise grade EPYC designed for data center and offers better stability.

with XPG SSD drivers!

SSD shall be Intel 760p or equivalent.
    XPG is for gamers.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• edited January 2023

@VirMach said:

@j0rmo said:
    @VirMach I have a telegram channel to track your flash sale. I would like to consult your opinion, should it be kept or destroyed?

Feel free to keep it, we need to do another flash sale soon to pay for our domain renewal.

@j0rmo fella, thank ya viry mach for yor service!

• So, because VirMach sale ended and we need to keep this topic active - do I buy Netcup RS2000 for a year or you have better deals somewhere over internet? (-:

• @nutjob said:

@root said:

@VirMach said:

@erk said:

@nutjob said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

And what you did back then in 4KB was not marvellous? You also used your imagination to achieve stuff. Nowadays they ask others what to do with an idling server or with low memory.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FrankZ

How are you... online?

• @VirMach said: Most the 30 Ryzens are going to Tokyo, Frankfurt, and Amsterdam.

oh, btw. VirMach

P I C T U R E S
    we want pictures.

Thanks!

Thanked by (3)root FrankZ ZA_capetown

• @Jab - what did you get from Virmach's flash sales?

How are you... online?

• @Jab said:

@VirMach said: Most the 30 Ryzens are going to Tokyo, Frankfurt, and Amsterdam.

oh, btw. VirMach

P I C T U R E S
    we want pictures.

Thanks!

Nan, we want philosophical papers

• BTW, what was the $1.11 specs?

• edited January 2023

@nutjob said:

@root said:

@VirMach said:

@erk said:

@nutjob said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

Same here. I used to write desktop programs smaller than 15KB on Windows 95/98 with Windows SDK. And I feel uncomfortable to see (almost) every software is embedded with a HUGE chrome inside now.

Thanked by (1)erk
  • @FrankZ said:

@nutjob said:

@root said:

@VirMach said:

@erk said:

@nutjob said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

Sounds right. This is Low End Spirit after all.
    I will just need to find a slimmed down O/S to use and it should be golden.
    Swap is still a thing right ?

Hmm... never tried setting up swap on tape recorder storage. Latency could be an issue.

• @root said: @Jab - what did you get from Virmach's flash sales?

Best thing out of everything you can imagine - working FFME006.

but because there must be balance in the nature FFME001 died next day [*]

Thanked by (2)root FrankZ

• edited January 2023

@localhost said:
    BTW, what was the $1.11 specs?

$1.11 / year
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    WINDOWS ✘Not Available
    1111 MB RAM
    1 x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    11 GB SSD (NVMe)
    1111 GB BANDWIDTH
    Dallas, TX LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @localhost said:
    BTW, what was the $1.11 specs?

1 vCore CPU
    1111MB RAM
    11GB Disk
    1111GB Transfer
    DALLAS, TX
    1 IP, 1 GIGABIT

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @nutjob said:
    Hmm... never tried setting up swap on tape recorder storage. Latency could be an issue.

I never used tape recorder storage. However, I do find it captivating for long term storage.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

How are you... online?

• @root said:

@nutjob said:

@root said:

@VirMach said:

@erk said:

@nutjob said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

And what you did back then in 4KB was not marvellous? You also used your imagination to achieve stuff. Nowadays they ask others what to do with an idling server or with low memory.

As it happens I write stuff these days that is so preoccupied with memory efficiency it doesn't even have an OS, it boots straight into the application (see OSv). I just don't see much use for tiny servers because you can't serve many users with it, or run more complicated applications. For the small difference in money bigger servers are just so much more interesting.

Thanked by (1)root
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@root said:

@nutjob said:

I never used tape recorder storage. However, I do find it captivating for long term storage.

I used tape before floppy drives came out. I would not want to go back to that.

Thanked by (1)noisycode

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @noisycode said:

@nutjob said:

@root said:

@VirMach said:

@erk said:

@nutjob said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

Same here. I used to write desktop programs smaller than 15KB on Windows 95/98 with Windows SDK. And I feel uncomfortable to see (almost) every software is embedded with a HUGE chrome inside now.

Electron is the work of the devil.

• @FrankZ said:

@root said:

@nutjob said:

I used tape before floppy drives came out. I would not want to go back to that.

You really don't.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @root said:

@nutjob said:

No, I mean audio cassettes, not digital magnetic tape.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

In case anyone wondered maybe why VirMach did not answer everybody's comments in his offer threads...

These 400+ notifications are just from the last 5 hours.
    I'm going to go change some settings now.

Thanked by (4)FAT32 tototo Caxen DanSummer

• MOARRRRR EPYC

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ZA_capetown
  • Is there anyone whose services are pending like me? :o

• rootroot OG
    edited January 2023

@FrankZ said:
    In case anyone wondered why VirMach did not answer everybody's comments in his offer threads...

These 400+ notifications are just from the last 5 hours.

Isn't this a direct violation of member's privacy regarding the notifications he/she checks? One could go beyond good manners to create a psychological profile based on the replies and the notifications which were not even opened.

This is not nice. People had fun. This is all that matters. All other info is irrelevant.

When a person goes to a fast-food and orders a burger, they don't want to know how the cow is killed, butchered, minced, cooked, and prepared for serving. The customer just wants to enjoy the burger.

In my opinion we enjoyed the flash sales in a similar fashion and maybe we should leave it at that. Unchecked notifications could be used as ammo later when MJJ starts complaining for not reading the rules of the game.

How are you... online?