VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@dgc1980 said:
    damn sleep, I miss the climax

Just tell yourself you did not really need any more VPS.

Thanked by (3)dgc1980 ehab ZA_capetown

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• My order is still pending since December 24 :/

• @dgc1980 said:
    damn sleep, I miss the climax

But did ya really?

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ehab

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• Damn missed everything :(
    Fire sales from 3:30am - 6:30am in my time :(

• @sh97 said:
    Damn missed everything :(

But did ya really?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @AuroraZero said:

@sh97 said:

But did ya really?

The 20usd deal (4c/4g/130gb) ... I've waited one like that for so long.

• @sh97 said:

@AuroraZero said:

@sh97 said:

But did ya really?

Holy moly, missed that one. So ya got it?

smartass shitposting satirist

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@sh97 said:

@AuroraZero said:

@sh97 said:

But did ya really?

I got it. (insert evil laugh here)

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

@sh97 said:

@AuroraZero said:

@sh97 said:

But did ya really?

Didn't. It came at 4am, was fast asleep :/

Thanked by (1)Flying_Chinaman
  • edited January 2023

time to go to some mjj forums or something and sell everything! j/k

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach Hello, I am a new customer of VirMach. I was lucky enough to participate in the special flash sale for my first purchase this year. I bought several good VPS.

But I found a bug during the purchase process and would like to report it to you.
    "In certain circumstances, the system will be triggered to create a ghost sub-account"
    Here is my simple Problem recurrence
    1. When submitting a special flash sale order, the browser opens translation or opens a VPN, resulting in inconsistent IPs.
    2. The system will create a sub-account based on a valid cookie (but this sub-account has no information).
    3. After completing the payment, because there is no email address and other information, the automation process cannot be passed through the robot. So it is stuck.
    4. After the order is paid, I have tried to modify the information of this ghost account, add emails, etc., but it will not trigger the automated process of the robot.

I have a specific case. You can check my Ticket #251138 I wrote down the process of trying.

If you have time, help me to find out how to deal with this problem. I did a simple investigation and it seems that many people have encountered this problem.

• edited January 2023

looks like the rogue DHCP server on DALZ008 is gone :)

nope, it is back :(

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AlwaysSkint
  • edited January 2023

@FrankZ said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@sh97 said:

@AuroraZero said:

@sh97 said:

But did ya really?

Here's yor EVIL LAUGH

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ehab

• @assey said:
    1. When submitting a special flash sale order, the browser opens translation or opens a VPN, resulting in inconsistent IPs.

If the browser opens a VPN, is that a bug in the browser?

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @FrankZ said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@sh97 said:

@AuroraZero said:

@sh97 said:

But did ya really?

If you ever feel like selling it, know that I'm first in line.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited January 2023

@tototo said:

@assey said:

Sorry, English is not my native language, what I want to express is that when the VPN is not turned off or the English translation is automatically activated when the order is placed. Not a browser problem, it's a personal problem.

I just want to report that the system creates ghost sub-accounts and jams bots, without intentionally causing other discussions about how to use the browser. If VIR bans VPNs or bans translations, it should be clear and lessons learned later. But not to discuss it now. I hope to focus on the question: "How to avoid the system automatically creating ghost sub-accounts". Thank you for your interest in this issue.

• edited January 2023

@tototo said:

@assey said:

PAC routing I suppose, which is popular among Chinese
    In default, it will redirect non-China site through the proxy

@sh97 said:

@FrankZ said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@sh97 said:

@AuroraZero said:

@sh97 said:

But did ya really?

Anticipate scalper Chad Franz got suspended by Virmach

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@tototo said:

@assey said:

In the past when I accidentally ordered while having a VPN on it has always marked my order as fraud.
    It has been a while since I have done this, so ordering with a VPN no longer marks order as fraud ?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@sh97 said:

@FrankZ said:

I will make a note regarding this.
    I will also put it in my will if you promise not to get any funny ideas.

Thanked by (1)sh97

• edited January 2023

@FrankZ said:

@tototo said:

@assey said:

In the past when I accidentally ordered while having a VPN on it has always marked my order as fraud.
    It has been a while since I have done this, so ordering with a VPN no longer marks order as fraud ?

Don't know, I always order by using the same Virmach LAX IP
    That poor guy's account is collateral damage during the scalper massacre I presume

• @FrankZ said:

@tototo said:

@assey said:

My daily visit to foreign language websites will use VPN to load Google Translate by default, here when placing an order I forgot to close it is not intentional, and I have learned in this incident, close it when placing an order

• edited January 2023

@VirMach The server I purchased has Offline for three days.Ticket #

FrankZ mod edit: removed ticket number

• edited January 2023

@JamesLebron said:
    @VirMach The server I purchased has Offline for three days. Ticket

Come on, just three days (I mean welcome to LES new fella)

Franz leaves it alone, I admire his stubbornness
    ↓ ↓ ↓

Thanked by (1)ariq01

• @JamesLebron said:
    @VirMach The server I purchased has Offline for three days.Ticket # #911583

Okay, I've done it.

• edited January 2023

@JamesLebron said:

• @JamesLebron said:

@JamesLebron said:

nice pic

Thanked by (1)ariq01
  • if virmach still not remove my account flag, I can't join the next flash sale, again :#

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

@JamesLebron said:

@JamesLebron said:

Ok, since you insist on putting the ticket number in, I am going to leave it there. The reason for my action was since this was your first comment here at LES I was just trying to save you from being marked as a problematic customer by VirMach.
    If you come here in the future complaining that VirMach has treated you unfairly because of this, I will remind you that it was your own fault, and retire your account. You have been warned.

• @assey said:

@tototo said:

@assey said:

Sorry, English is not my native language, what I want to express is that when the VPN is not turned off or the English translation is automatically activated when the order is placed. Not a browser problem, it's a personal problem.

I just want to report that the system creates ghost sub-accounts and jams bots, without intentionally causing other discussions about how to use the browser. If VIR bans VPNs or bans translations, it should be clear and lessons learned later. But not to discuss it now. I hope to focus on the question: "How to avoid the system automatically creating ghost sub-accounts". Thank you for your interest in this issue.

Your report is very interesting, you seem to have already found the answer.
    (You know, using a different (non-proxy configured) browser would be working too)

question: "How to avoid the system automatically creating ghost sub-accounts"

close it when placing an order

By the way, the browser's built-in Google Translate just rewrites the page based on the response from translate.googleapis.com, so II thought using Translate doesn't seem to be related to this issue. But I could be wrong...
    In any case, turning off the VPN/Proxy is definitely the best practice!

• Where is da singapooooreeeee

I’m a simple man I see gifs, I press thanks