VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• FFME002 back online
    failed Jan 4 07:40 Restored Jan 9 03:22

Plus a number of other nodes.

• The offending person's machine has been deleted, but, why the non-offending person's machine is still pending

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@cgkings said:
    The offending person's machine has been deleted, but, why the non-offending person's machine is still pending

Just making a guess here, but I would expect that given the number of nodes that went down during the sale and are now back up, I would expect VirMach considered making sure existing VMs were working a priority over getting pending VMs provisioned. I and others also still have pending VMs so your not alone.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

there are way too many offending people services to delete and many machine to troubleshoot at the same time

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @FrankZ said:

@cgkings said:
    The offending person's machine has been deleted, but, why the non-offending person's machine is still pending

I and others also still have pending VMs so your not alone.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

How are you... online?

• @FrankZ said:

@cgkings said:

Just making a guess here, but I would expect that given the number of nodes that went down during the sale and are now back up, I would expect VirMach considered making sure existing VMs were working a priority over getting pending VMs provisioned. I and others also still have pending VMs so your not alone.

Thanks for your help. I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one with a pending machine,
    I agree to deal with the existing machine failure. Because of perspective-taking, I don't like my machine failure behind new users

• @cgkings said:

Thanked by (1)lemoncube

smartass shitposting satirist

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@cgkings said:

Thanked by (1)Flying_Chinaman

• @msatt said:
    FFME002 back online
    failed Jan 4 07:40 Restored Jan 9 03:22

Plus a number of other nodes.

Yay!!
    New NVME Roulette time.

• edited January 2023

@cybertech said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@cgkings said:

It comes to my mind that delayed activation granted ya a window of opportunity for cancellation if grabbed better deal at next year's FS

Only $1.11 and $2.22 the meme level no brainer could beat $6.66 the family heirloom level, I double doubt I could get it through

edited January 2023

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@cybertech said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@cgkings said:

It comes to my mind delayed activation granted ya a window of opportunity that ya could cancel it if grabbed better deal at next year's FS

if it is unprovisioned until next year's FS, you would have to factor in losses in opportunity costs for:

• not being able to use VPS in 2023
    • what if you did not get any better deal in 2024 FS, then make a ticket after the FS for 2023 unprovisioned service , and still get cancelled anyway? not being able to use any FS VPS in 2024 then.

• edited January 2023

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@cgkings said:

Have a fake 6.66, with same price, but lower Core & Ram & everything ;p
    1C 1.8G 15G....

Thanked by (1)Flying_Chinaman
  • edited January 2023

@cybertech said: if it is unprovisioned until next year's FS, you would have to factor in losses in opportunity costs for:
    not being able to use VPS in 2023
    what if you did not get any better deal in 2024 FS, then make a ticket after the FS for 2023 unprovisioned service , and still get cancelled anyway? not being able to use any FS VPS in 2024 then.

That's gross if appending more than 6 months even at VirmArch's level. My maximum expectation is 3 months.

@emengweb said: Have a fake 6.66, with same price, but lower Core & Ram & everything ;p
    1C 1.8G 15G....

This one? Still is no brainer, just not at family heirloom level

Thanked by (1)emengweb

• @lemoncube said:

@localhost said: It failed for text too. But again what is the correct sequence? Enter the kickstart url and then select a method of install?

I've just tested and look like it just won't work on boxes with smaller ram. The base install.img is like 700MiB which dracut will always fail to work with.
    And the ks url seems doesn't work at all even when I tested on a vm with 4GiB ram. Not sure what could be the problem.
    Sorry I have given you such unreliable info.

It's not unreliable info. Something worth trying out as the netboot.xyz portrays as such. Thanks for your help!

• edited January 2023

@emengweb said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@cgkings said:

Have a fake 6.66, with same price, but lower Core & Ram :(
    1C 1.8G 15G....

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@cybertech said: if it is unprovisioned until next year's FS, you would have to factor in losses in opportunity costs for:
    not being able to use VPS in 2023
    what if you did not get any better deal in 2024 FS, then make a ticket after the FS for 2023 unprovisioned service , and still get cancelled anyway? not being able to use any FS VPS in 2024 then.

That's gross if appending more than 6 months even at VirmArch's level. My maximum expectation is 3 months.

@emengweb said: Have a fake 6.66, with same price, but lower Core & Ram & everything ;p
    1C 1.8G 15G....

This one? Still is no brainer, just not at family heirloom level

Sure, but 2 Core is little better for k3s, high available version of Virmach

• @VirMach Can you send me a server? I'm a student,I am from china.

• @kvim said: I'm a student,I am from china.

Like millions of others, then.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @emengweb said:
    Sure, but 2 Core is little better for k3s, high available version of Virmach

i agree 2 core is fine but what work load will you deploy on <2GB - OS ram ?

Thanked by (1)emengweb
  • @AlwaysSkint said:
    Like millions of others, then.

Shhh, don't wake up his daydream

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

how is it dangling today ?
    :)

• edited January 2023

@ehab said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

how is it dangling today ?
    :)

Ya know, just fingered out sometimes silence is a virtue

I suppose that's why VirmAch is playing dead

• @kvim said:
    @VirMach Can you send me a server? I'm a student,I am from china.

If your server is "pending": Wait!
    If you have not bought anything: Buy!

• @Flying_Chinaman said:
    Ya know, just fingered out sometimes silence is a virtue
    I suppose that's why VirmAch is playing dead

• edited January 2023

hey @Virmach ...

this should wake him up.

• @ehab said:
    hey @Virmach ...

this should wake him up.

Squeeze VirmAch harder

Thanked by (1)ehab

• @kvim said:
    @VirMach Can you send me a server? I'm a student,I am from china.

Just post your mailing address and he'll put it in an envelope for you.

• I miss my vps. :'(

• @Sova said:
    I have the same SolusVM issue as well.
    In my case:
    Node: FFME004
    id=685483

Very limited in options in what I can do without access to Solus...

I'm also getting the 'Invalid vserverid or username' error while trying to access SolusVM
    node: FFME004
    id: 685479

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Caxen

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• @dgc1980 said:

@localhost said: So, whats the difference between this and what you were suggesting earlier?

basically using qemu locally etc, you are just writing a image of the drive to transfer, rather than using the drive attached.

for resizing your partition, use parted print to fix the partition table, then parted /dev/vda resizepart THEPARTYOUWANT 100% then resize2fs /dev/vdaPART

oh since you using LUKS it will be different.

cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/vda3 crypt-volume
    parted /dev/vda print
    parted /dev/vda resizepart 3 100%
    cryptsetup resize crypt-volume
    vgchange -a y YOURVG
    pvresize /dev/mapper/crypt-volume
    lvresize -l+100%FREE /dev/VG/LV
    e2fsck -f /dev/VG/LV
    resize2fs /dev/VG/LV

for example

Thanks, seems I have xfs and these are for ext4? Ill need to do some more reading

• edited January 2023

@localhost said:

@dgc1980 said:

@localhost said: So, whats the difference between this and what you were suggesting earlier?

basically using qemu locally etc, you are just writing a image of the drive to transfer, rather than using the drive attached.

for resizing your partition, use parted print to fix the partition table, then parted /dev/vda resizepart THEPARTYOUWANT 100% then resize2fs /dev/vdaPART

oh since you using LUKS it will be different.

cryptsetup luksOpen /dev/vda3 crypt-volume
    parted /dev/vda print
    parted /dev/vda resizepart 3 100%
    cryptsetup resize crypt-volume
    vgchange -a y YOURVG
    pvresize /dev/mapper/crypt-volume
    lvresize -l+100%FREE /dev/VG/LV
    e2fsck -f /dev/VG/LV
    resize2fs /dev/VG/LV

for example

Thanks, seems I have xfs and these are for ext4? Ill need to do some more reading

seems xfs_growfs / did the trick, directly on the luks enabled system

Honestly, I am surprised and kinda thinking... is this it? Just 1 command and all looks good (even after restart)?
    Or I am in a dream

Someone can provide some clarity on this, it will be great. Thanks