VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @shallow said:

@ehab said:

@cybertech said:

@soulchief said:
    Mine started going down/up an hour ago, was fine for about 3.5 hours before that. Guess the DDoS'er took a break.

he was having lunch i guess.

now down again

or taking off his pants.

He punch me in the teeth, then pants unbuttoned, then he curse me.

Thanked by (1)ariq01
  • @ehab said:

@shallow said:

@ehab said:

@cybertech said:

@soulchief said:
    Mine started going down/up an hour ago, was fine for about 3.5 hours before that. Guess the DDoS'er took a break.

he was having lunch i guess.

now down again

or taking off his pants.

Thanked by (2)ehab Mason
  • edited January 2023

@cybertech said:
    TYO back online

Offline again, have lost contact with all my Tokyo Chicken!

@shallow said:

Ya're the true masochist

smartass shitposting satirist

• @shallow said:

this is hilarious

hahahahh

Thanked by (1)ariq01
  • hey ,,, r u ready ?

Thanked by (3)ariq01 localhost FrankZ
  • edited January 2023

@VirMach said:

Heavy DDoS, not necessarily aimed at us but affecting the entire location or at least our provider.

The attack was directed at V.PS, following the indignation and fury sparked by some offensive speeches made by a retarded xTom employee at their telegram group.

Here's the attacker's telegram channel and part of the story(Chinese):t.me/xTomLowB

@VirMach said:

saving us money. So far to the tune of $200 in potential savings.

But it hurts your reputation and uptime SLA, and brings your customer down.

Oh, I forgot, you don't have any of reputation as of now.

Thanked by (3)huginn abiaolaoge VirMach
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Chisato said:

@VirMach said:

Heavy DDoS, not necessarily aimed at us but affecting the entire location or at least our provider.

The attack was directed at V.PS, following the indignation and fury sparked by some offensive speeches made by a retarded xTom employee at their telegram group.

Here's the attacker's telegram channel and part of the story(Chinese):t.me/xTomLowB

@VirMach said:

saving us money. So far to the tune of $200 in potential savings.

But it hurts your reputation and uptime SLA, and brings your customer down.

but the network is up again. finished so soon?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited January 2023

@Chisato said: But it hurts your reputation and uptime SLA, and brings your customer down.

Hurts our reputation that xTom has a talented team and dealt with heavy attacks quickly, notified us, and has a superb network to the point where the same people that constantly & easily get upset about everything continue making purchases from them and providers that use them?

Crazy how everyone keeps wanting to transfer their services there and do everything they can to order in Tokyo, and it's constantly sold out, when we have such a poor reputation. People must have no self respect.

I'll gladly provide a pro-rated refund and cancellation for any services in Tokyo, to anyone who has an account in good standing so we can open up more room that will surely remain empty forever due to our poor reputation. I'll keep a tally for you. I'll have our developer code out a button in prominent view to allow everyone eligible with a service in Tokyo to request that.

• edited January 2023

@VirMach said:

@Chisato said: But it hurts your reputation and uptime SLA, and brings your customer down.

Hurts our reputation that xTom has a talented team and dealt with heavy attacks quickly, notified us, and has a superb network to the point where the same people that constantly & easily get upset about everything continue making purchases from them and providers that use them?

Crazy how everyone keeps wanting to transfer their services there and do everything they can to order in Tokyo, and it's constantly sold out, when we have such a poor reputation. People must have no self respect.

I'll gladly provide a pro-rated refund and cancellation for any services in Tokyo, to anyone who has an account in good standing so we can open up more room that will surely remain empty forever due to our poor reputation. I'll keep a tally for you. I'll have our developer code out a button in prominent view to allow everyone eligible with a service in Tokyo to request that.

People are buying Tokyo out of spite. They hate you so much they're buying VMs from you just to get on your nerves.

Just like there people here. They're all so angry and rude, but want to buy more VMs, because they know it drives you crazy.

They know you don't really want to sell much of anything, and they don't have the human decency to keep their money and just leave you alone .

• @nutjob you sound like the devil.

SHOW us YOUR face.

• @cybertech said:
    but the network is up again. finished so soon?

The attack was conducted mainly by some random 13yo script kiddo using a web-based attacker/botnet, with his minimal Chinese new year red packet money (a Chrismas gift given from relatives to kids equivalent in China, but in cash, usually ~2k CNY).

With limited funding and capacity, the attack traffic is believed to be only around ~300Gbps peak. While the NOC team of xTom did respond promptly, every countermeasure they took was futile. They've tried re-routing from SoftBank and IIJ to local NTT, then re-routing to the US. The network still goes up and down in a "sit-up" manner: It goes up for a few minutes and then goes down for half an hour.

Initially, they even blamed the outage on a bug of Juniper Routers and promised everything would be fixed with a firmware update, but it turned out to be another smack in their face.

The network did go up again, but it's at the discretion of the 13yo attacker: He was running out of funding and decided to call it a day.

@VirMach said:

You are obfuscating the issue. The issue I am addressing is that you think under attack and having a reduction in bandwidth bill is "good for us",

@VirMach said:
    As for the attacks, if they are actually directed at us or as a result of that, it's kind of funny because all they're doing right now is saving us money. Bandwidth usage halved while it's flapping and zero when it's down. So far to the tune of $200 in potential savings.

while not caring about uptime SLA, brand image, and reputation at all. This has nothing to do with the effort on xTom's side.

@VirMach said:

It's not like they have no self-respect. It's like you are the cheapest amongst your competitors. You only charge $9/yr for 1TB of IIJ bandwidth, while your competitor charges at least double that amount. People(mostly MJJs) flock to Tokyo because their BF deal is something like $5/yr 2TB bandwidth. After migrating to Tokyo, they pay less than you pay to xTom, which makes you a loss dealer.

@VirMach said:

No need at all. No MJJs will ever consider clicking it. Save the dev cost.

I kind of miss your good old Xeon E5 ColoCrossing days. In 2010s, your reputation was like"dirt cheap, but rock solid, with limited support". If you check out your Trustpilot page, you will definitely find out that a customer who gave you 5-star honest positive review changed their review to 1 star after the disastrous mass migration last year.

The quality of your service deteriorating in an incomprehensible way since then: amateur AsRock motherboard, consumer-grade XPG SSDs, untested Ryzen platform, sporadic outage from time to time with no ETA for fix and RFO report.

Your reputation and the brand image since become this: "dirt cheap, but unstable AF, can only be used at hobby project or tesing environment, with absolutely no support, open ticket result in MJJ flag or account ban"

Mind sharing what has led to such a drastic transformation? Are you on a hard drug that might cause cognitive impairment?

Thanked by (2)huginn bliss
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG

@Chisato said:
    Are you on a hard drug that might cause cognitive impairment?

I think they call that "the LET effect"

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @Chisato said:
    Are you on a hard drug that might cause cognitive impairment?

Aren't we all

@Chisato said: The attack was conducted mainly by some random 13yo script kiddo using a web-based attacker/botnet, with his minimal Chinese new year red packet money (a Chrismas gift given from relatives to kids equivalent in China, but in cash, usually ~2k CNY).

What's your point here? That's usually how it goes. Seems like everyone thinks it's so epic how a 13 year old is able to click a payment button on a "stress test" site and have a botnet route an attack. They keep bringing up the age as if xTom was somehow bested by a 13 year old.

@Chisato said: The network did go up again, but it's at the discretion of the 13yo attacker: He was running out of funding and decided to call it a day.

Wow, they're lucky! Good on his majesty to show mercy, if it was not for his decision, he could have unleashed an infinite attack, probably ten times larger for at least months. It only stopped because he decided that he should maybe only waste $300 of his family's gift money.

Thanked by (2)Caxen ZA_capetown
    edited January 2023

@Chisato said: Mind sharing what has led to such a drastic transformation? Are you on a hard drug that might cause cognitive impairment?

For someone who knows so much about what occurred, all the dozens of negative reviews you analyzed, everything you know about our hardware troubles, you seem to have missed all the times this was explained.

@Chisato said: You are obfuscating the issue. The issue I am addressing is that you think under attack and having a reduction in bandwidth bill is "good for us",

Missed this part, instead you just decided to get upset like the 13 year old.

@VirMach said: it's kind of funny

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ZA_capetown
  • virmach ---- have you slept ? wonder why you are commenting so early?

bed bed ebed

• dafuq is that

• edited January 2023

@imok said:
    dafuq is that

like like this

Thanked by (2)FrankZ shallow
  • edited January 2023

@VirMach said:

Hello,
    Why is the vps I bought for $20 on FLASH-SPECIAL still pending?
    Thank you.

• Hi @VirMach , when you get time can you let me know about restoring of my vps? Invoice 1529276

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@bigpig said:

@VirMach said:

Hello,
    Thank you.

@VirMach said on Jan 25th, 2023:
    Thank you everyone who was patient and sorry for the last bit of these flash specials taking so long to activate. I finally got some functional code to be able to activate these efficiently so that's why they were done quickly today. ....

*A little exception to this, the following have not been provisioned:
    12 quantity for DALZ010 offer, 4GB RAM / 4 Core / 130GB Disk

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@bigpig said:

@VirMach said:

Hello,
    Thank you.

Thank you everyone who was patient and sorry for the last bit of these flash specials taking so long to activate. I finally got some functional code to be able to activate these efficiently so that's why they were done quickly today. ....

Do I still have to wait?
    Thanks.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@bigpig said:

@FrankZ said:

@bigpig said:

@VirMach said:

Hello,
    Thank you.

Do I still have to wait?
    Thanks.

Seems like you still need to wait. Hopefully VirMach will chime in and let you, and the other 11 people, know when you might expect this to happen, but other wise I would give it a couple more days before you start thinking he forgot about you.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@bigpig said:

@FrankZ said:

@bigpig said:

@VirMach said:

Hello,
    Thank you.

Do I still have to wait?
    Thanks.

Seems like you still need to wait. Hopefully VirMach will chime in and let you, and the other 11 people, know when you might expect this to happen, but other wise I would give it a couple more days before you start thinking he forgot about you.

Thank you.

• @Chisato

Hooman are indeed weak and greedy.

• Only vpn user or spam user will buy small size and cheap plan ,
    Website client would buy 1G+ plan, and they are stable and value clients and with few tickets.

Virmach mess up the different client requirements. he don't like tickets and don't like multi accounts.
    he's selling the cheap and small plan. it would cause more issues. Value clients can't even get the reasonable ticket response, they will quit later. it will become really lowend user pool.

Thanked by (1)Caxen
  • @Chisato said:

The attack was conducted mainly by some random 13yo script kiddo using a web-based attacker/botnet, with his minimal Chinese new year red packet money (a Chrismas gift given from relatives to kids equivalent in China, but in cash, usually ~2k CNY).

You really seem to think that a 13 year old can attack XTOM with his red envelope. :'(
    This is a joke. It's not real, boy.

from google translate

• VPN users may be on a cheaper plan, but need different services in multiple locations, but only use one of them at the same time.

It cannot be said that VPN users are low-level users; they may purchase a higher total amount of services than a single web service and actually use fewer resources.

@nightcat said:
    Only vpn user or spam user will buy small size and cheap plan ,
    Website client would buy 1G+ plan, and they are stable and value clients and with few tickets.

Virmach mess up the different client requirements. he don't like tickets and don't like multi accounts.
    he's selling the cheap and small plan. it would cause more issues. Value clients can't even get the reasonable ticket response, they will quit later. it will become really lowend user pool.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@nightcat said:
    Only vpn user or spam user will buy small size and cheap plan ,

this makes sense. but to raise prices there needs to be increased value, and that would be improved support in this case.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @ehab said:
    have you slept ? wonder why you are commenting so early?

It's the Chinese new year, and most non-essential sector Chinese people are getting paid seven days off.

Currently, I'm staying in some random rural village(univ winter break), and my (undereducated) relatives had gathered at my home to play overnight mahjong game for five consecutive days, making 50dB noise with my bedroom's door closed. Sometimes people will set off fireworks at 3 am in the middle of nowhere.

It's the Chinese new year's vibe, though.

And the end is nigh: people will return to work tomorrow.

Thanked by (2)ehab huginn