BuyShared is back in stock! Directadmin resellers from $2.00/month!

Comments

• @skorupion said:

@Ympker said:

@skorupion said:
    Everyone should I buy another 125 gb/make a ticket to get it expanded, and maybe offer some free wbe hosting?

Likely you already have enough storage with 1x125GB. If you offer too gracious free storage limits you will end up being dmca filed rather frequently as people will more likely opt to store/host (illegal) media on there. That said, if you were to ask @Lee I'd assume offering free hosting isn't always that "fun" and consumes your time.

Well gotta migrate everyone from free hosting from NB

With unlimited space and bandiwdth?
    Wow nice!!

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @skorupion said:
    Mine Got activated now

when did you order?

• coocoo
    edited February 2023

Possible to get cPanel reseller for additional price? That'd be great!

And what are the LVE limits for reseller account and shared account?

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

@coo said:
    Possible to get cPanel reseller for additional price? That'd be great!

And what are the LVE limits for reseller account and shared account?

cPanel is $0.50/month per account, bought in bundles of 5. If you're willing to pay that then you can ticket billing.

Francisco

• @Ympker said: That said, if you were to ask @Lee I'd assume offering free hosting isn't always that "fun" and consumes your time.

It isn't but after a few changes last year, it's running really well. 621 accounts, good usage, and virtually zero issues now.

Thanked by (2)MichaelCee Ympker
  • @Francisco said: we decided to bring our Resellers & Shared plans back in stock.

I was sure BuyShared was in a end, meaning like you wasnt willing to add more customers. What did change your mind?
    Are the performance better? I remember i was a bit short for my XenForo (even with LS cache and CloudFlare CDN).

Site Reliability Engineer using DevOps mindset. High interest in so many hosting companies (VPN, Drive, Web, VPS, etc.) and believe in privacy.
    Opinions are my own.

• @o_be_one said:

@Francisco said: we decided to bring our Resellers & Shared plans back in stock.

I was sure BuyShared was in a end, meaning like you wasnt willing to add more customers. What did change your mind?
    Are the performance better? I remember i was a bit short for my XenForo (even with LS cache and CloudFlare CDN).

I think Fran is just doing everyone a solid and releasing stock until Namecrane is up and running. Alternatively, he is about to Deadpool and just making a last grab at the cash. You decide.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

We will have to give him so much cash he couldn’t possibly run without it weighing his trousers down.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Yeah well will probably be gone before my marking as fraud is addressed. God I hate my ISP.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• skorupionskorupion Services Provider
    edited February 2023

Fuck it bought another 125 GB, if I were drunk rn, I'd buy in total 1 TB, but let's start slow!

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

• @skorupion going crazy with his Crunchbits money! :-P

Thanked by (3)Ympker _MS_ chimichurri

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

edited February 2023

@Jab said:
    @skorupion going crazy with his Crunchbits money! :-P

I finally canceled my Ryzen server, I have 250 additional EUR laying around (per month lol)

• @skorupion said: I finally canceled my Ryzen server, I have 250 additional EUR laying around (per month lol)

But good, invest that so you can still stay in-game :)

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@Lee said:

@Ympker said: That said, if you were to ask @Lee I'd assume offering free hosting isn't always that "fun" and consumes your time.

It isn't but after a few changes last year, it's running really well. 621 accounts, good usage, and virtually zero issues now.

Ah, I didn't realize you were still running it. I thought the project was discontinued, but you (probably) just stopped advertising it, then? Still, it's good to hear that you were able to limit abuse to a minimum and hopefully have some more hours of sleep now :) Gl!

Thanked by (2)MichaelCee Lee

@AuroraZero said:
    Yeah well will probably be gone before my marking as fraud is addressed. God I hate my ISP.

ISP no love Yeti? :(

@Jab said:

@skorupion said: I finally canceled my Ryzen server, I have 250 additional EUR laying around (per month lol)

But good, invest that so you can still stay in-game :)

I get more than that per week :wink:

edited February 2023

It was, but then we decided to do the domain registrar plan, which we need an additional revenue source for. Domains are cut throat with a lot of companies losing money on the 1st year. They make it up with value adds, or if you're Epik, you just commit straight up money laundering & fraud.

Anyway, if we weren't doing Namecrane then we wouldn't do shared again.

Performance is better since we're just allocating a lot less users per node. I cut every nodes load out by 30%.

I'm currently looking to order some 7443P based Epyc's to replace the E5's & even the 3900x's we've deployed.

Francisco

Thanked by (1)o_be_one
  • LeeLee OG
    edited February 2023

@Ympker said:

@Lee said:

@Ympker said: That said, if you were to ask @Lee I'd assume offering free hosting isn't always that "fun" and consumes your time.

Ah, I didn't realize you were still running it. I thought the project was discontinued, but you (probably) just stopped advertising it, then? Still, it's good to hear that you were able to limit abuse to a minimum and hopefully have some more hours of sleep now :) Gl!

Changed the domain, removed troublesome locations in favour of expanding other ones, stopped advertising on the worst places where all you got was the worst attention (LET/LES), and modified the signup process to make it near impossible for anyone to sign up without the right information. The end result has been a pretty happy community of people.

It was never intended to make money or anything. Just a side project to keep my hand in. As it turned out I bought another host in the UK last year so been focussing on that primarily.

Thanked by (2)MichaelCee Ympker
  • @Lee said: stopped advertising on the worst places where all you got was the worst attention (LET/LES)

As a fellow OG my ego got hurt a bit.

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @Ympker said:

@AuroraZero said:
    Yeah well will probably be gone before my marking as fraud is addressed. God I hate my ISP.

ISP no love Yeti? :(

Damned thing reports me as three states away from where I live. Plus it is a cellular network not a hard line. Always sets off Fraud detection no matter what I seem to do.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

@Lee said:

@Ympker said:

@Lee said:

Changed the domain, removed troublesome locations in favour of expanding other ones, stopped advertising on the worst places where all you got was the worst attention (LET/LES), and modified the signup process to make it near impossible for anyone to sign up without the right information. The end result has been a pretty happy community of people.

It was never intended to make money or anything. Just a side project to keep my hand in. As it turned out I bought another host in the UK last year so been focussing on that primarily.

Happy to hear things have been going well! Thanks for the update and good luck for the future, mate :)
    Cheers!

Thanked by (1)Lee
  • The verdict is in I am unable to have any services with Franiel anymore.

My ISP is a bunch of dickbags.

Oh well probably for the best, always another way to do things.

• @terrorgen said:

@Lee said: stopped advertising on the worst places where all you got was the worst attention (LET/LES)

As a fellow OG my ego got hurt a bit.

It wasn't the members here that were the issue, it was the amount of passing traffic that saw my service and ended up with me being a spotlight in places like India and China which never ends well with free hosting.

• tempted.
    is upgrade possible for directadmin reseller packages? glws.

@AuroraZero said:
    The verdict is in I am unable to have any services with Franiel anymore.

What's up boss?

@epsilun said:
    tempted.

Sure, at any time.

Francisco

• @Francisco said:

@AuroraZero said:

What's up boss?

@epsilun said:
    tempted.

Sure, at any time.

Francisco

ISP is at&t fixed wireless which consists of an antenna pointed at a cell tower

When it lists my IP it says I am from Kentucky usually. I am from Michigan this my address is Michigan.

Karen already explained that I would have to either change my address and technically commit fraud or get an IP that is near me which is impossible as that is the only service where I live

So I have chosen the third option and will follow the fraud rules that are setup to protect you and not pursue this any farther.

Which is cool man I understand totally and shall abide by the rules.

• @Francisco said:
    I'm currently looking to order some 7443P based Epyc's to replace the E5's & even the 3900x's we've deployed.

Will it be a new hope for Anynode Plan?
    If yes, all hail to Fran! :)

• @AuroraZero said:

@Francisco said:

@AuroraZero said:

What's up boss?

@epsilun said:
    tempted.

Sure, at any time.

Francisco

When it lists my IP it says I am from Kentucky usually. I am from Michigan this my address is Michigan.

Karen already explained that I would have to either change my address and technically commit fraud or get an IP that is near me which is impossible as that is the only service where I live

So I have chosen the third option and will follow the fraud rules that are setup to protect you and not pursue this any farther.

You could pay with crypto? I believe that bypasses the fraud check.

• @Wonder_Woman said:

@AuroraZero said:

@Francisco said:

@AuroraZero said:

What's up boss?

@epsilun said:
    tempted.

Sure, at any time.

Francisco

You could pay with crypto? I believe that bypasses the fraud check.

Nah not worth the hassle honestly. Plus I don't want anything to do with crypto.

• @Francisco said: Sure, at any time.

Francisco

Thank you..

From your TOS page, you mention about Alipay which I believe Chinese only but not Alipay+ (International).
    I have this virtual wallet GCash which allows me to pay merchant internationally using Alipay+. Will you accept this as payment option?
    https://help.gcash.com/hc/en-us/articles/7540023800601-How-to-Pay-QR-Internationally

And how about Amex?