• @yoursunny said:
    Sponsors NexusBytes

Purged.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • skorupionskorupion Services Provider

@Neoon said:

@ralf said:

@Neoon said:
    Reminder, SG (Nexusbytes) has been set out of stock since months, however we still got a bunch of containers running.
    This Location could go offline this week, according to sources.

Ooooh, I have one. Do I need to do anything, or just wait and see what happens to it? I can happily terminate my container if that'd be useful as I only use it occasionally for checking connectivity to elsewhere.

You can watch it burn if you want.

Remember when OVH was on fire and there was a screenshot of one if the servers thermals monitoring. Ill be like that

Crunchbits Technical Support, Technical Writer, and Sales
    Contact me at: +1 (347) 518-1661 or [email protected]

• Thank you 🇯🇵

• Hi @Neoon Auckland lxc is having problem I guess.
    I can't ssh into it. Connection refuse.

I'll try to terminate and re launch.

• @Fritz said:
    Hi @Neoon Auckland lxc is having problem I guess.
    I can't ssh into it. Connection refuse.

I'll try to terminate and re launch.

The Machine has been rebooted from the ISP, there was no maintenance announcement or anything.
    Besides that, I don't see anything wrong.

• The Monitoring didn't picked up the reboot, iptables forwarding rules where not applied.
    Should be fixed.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @Neoon said:
    The Monitoring didn't picked up the reboot, iptables forwarding rules where not applied.
    Should be fixed.

Everything is working now! ;)

• 8e93-6011-cf98-0168
    Thank you.

MicroLXC is lovable.

• I dislike the current state of microlxc.
    The ongoing issues with LXD, ongoing Network issues in some Locations, does not really reach the quality level I wanted to provide.

Plus, I can only code for a few hours per day and I have a lot of projects to code on.
    Hence I made the decision to close the registration for new accounts, for now.

No, I don't have in mind to kill the project, however, purging LXD and replacing it internally with Proxmox, which is more reliable in the long run.
    Yea I know Bookworm is going to ship with LXD, without snap, however I don't know if this would make LXD feasible again.

That would be a thing to figure out.

• Likely in 4-6 weeks I am going to have 1-2 nodes available to carry out a test for Debian 12 / Bookworm with LXD.
    This Test will be Public as before, however time limited.

Approximately 3 months, up to 6 months, if it's a success indefinitely.
    At this point I would either switch the rest of the systems to Debian 12 or Proxmox.

Thanked by (3)terrorgen adly ElonBezos
  • Mentally strong people use plain LXC.

lxc-create
    lxc-unpriv-start
    lxc-unpriv-attach

LXC has fewer layers.
    It allows more precise control and customization.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @Neoon said:
    I dislike the current state of microlxc.
    The ongoing issues with LXD, ongoing Network issues in some Locations, does not really reach the quality level I wanted to provide.

Plus, I can only code for a few hours per day and I have a lot of projects to code on.

No, I don't have in mind to kill the project, however, purging LXD and replacing it internally with Proxmox, which is more reliable in the long run.
    Yea I know Bookworm is going to ship with LXD, without snap, however I don't know if this would make LXD feasible again.

Is the code still open? Nothing related appears on GitHub anymore.

• @adly said:

@Neoon said:

It was never open source.

@yoursunny said:
    Mentally strong people use plain LXC.

lxc-create
    lxc-unpriv-start
    lxc-unpriv-attach

LXC has fewer layers.
    It allows more precise control and customization.

I don't think LXD itself is to blame, I rather think, that additional shit what is shipped with snap packages, are causing issues.
    The shit I have seen with Ubuntu 20.04 and snap, applications before never having issues and out of the sudden, are slower and randomly crashing or getting unresponsive.

Chromium on Ubuntu, its a crap experience.
    You are loosing like 20%-30% alone on performance.

Thanked by (1)bdl
  • @Neoon said:

@adly said:

@Neoon said:

Perhaps it is NanoKVM I was thinking of? I remember a NanoKVM-Tools repo.

• @adly said:

@Neoon said:

@adly said:

@Neoon said:

Perhaps it is NanoKVM I was thinking of? I remember a NanoKVM-Tools repo.

Yea, I removed the NanoKVM-Tools repo, since it was outdated and kinda janky.
    if there is interest, I might upload the better code and network setup.

Thanked by (3)adly ariq01 Wonder_Woman
  • IPv6 died in NL, working on it.

Thanked by (1)carlin0
  • @Neoon said:
    IPv6 died in NL, working on it.

Fixed.

Thanked by (3)Brueggus carlin0 ElonBezos
  • @Neoon I saw on your signup page you are asking for "public key" instead of "password" for the VPS setup. This is very good thing to do and I hope more and more providers starts doing this. Using a password for a server, specially if you enable root ssh access, is VERY insecure.

Thanked by (3)Erisa Ganonk Neoon

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• edited April 2023

I decided to spin up a microlxc instance in Auckland last night to run a few mtrs to my other servers, but it looks like something went slightly wrong with IPv6 setup. It's the debian template if that's relevant.

In the control panel the address is ... ::2, but the container actually has a randomised address in the same /64.

There doesn't seem to be an /etc/network/interfaces, so not sure this gets set up in lxc. Is this configured host-side or can I just make the interfaces file like I would on a KVM instance?

• @ralf said:
    There doesn't seem to be an /etc/network/interfaces, so not sure this gets set up in lxc. Is this configured host-side or can I just make the interfaces file like I would on a KVM instance?

make the interface file

Thanked by (1)ralf

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De André --- Free NAT KVM

• @ralf said:
    I decided to spin up a microlxc instance in Auckland last night to run a few mtrs to my other servers, but it looks like something went slightly wrong with IPv6 setup. It's the debian template if that's relevant.

In the control panel the address is ... ::2, but the container actually has a randomised address in the same /64.

If your VM or Container gets a /64 IPv6, the initial IPv6 is randomly (by mac) assigned by dnsmasq.
    It doesn't update in the Panel, yet.

Thanked by (1)ralf
  • @ralf said:

I pushed a patch, the current IPv6 should be now reflected in the Panel.
    However, only for new Deployments or if you Reinstall your VM, since the database still has the old ::2 as record.

Thanked by (1)ralf
  • @Abdullah dropped a fat SG Machine, which gives me the opportunity to use a different storage backend.
    Hence I likely open the registration again, since the other stuff is delayed, so this can be tested meanwhile.

• Neoon said:
    @Abdullah dropped a fat SG Machine, which gives me the opportunity to use a different storage backend.
    Hence I likely open the registration again, since the other stuff is delayed, so this can be tested meanwhile.

• @Ganonk said:

Neoon said:
    @Abdullah dropped a fat SG Machine, which gives me the opportunity to use a different storage backend.

SG is not ready jet, IPv6 is not working as expected, will hopefully get it fixed this week.

Thanked by (1)Ganonk
  • New ETA for SG is Friday.

Thanked by (3)Wolveix Ganonk ElonBezos
  • NL was down, its partially back up, prob. router issue.
    As of right now, someone is looking into it.

Thanked by (2)Ganonk carlin0
  • @Neoon said:
    New ETA for SG is Friday.

No update yet, still waiting for the Subnet to get routed.