YouTube Vanced bites the dust, but fear not, there are alternatives!

13»

Comments

• @seenu said:
    I was, is a user of Vanced and really like it.

heard about revanced but the process looked complex to me so never tried it.

but recently come across this guide https://www.reddit.com/r/revancedapp/comments/xlcny9/revanced_manager_guide_for_dummies/ and then i am using Revanced on all my devices.

Vanced still works great and shows a text ad @ top which is super fine, but if you want more features...then you can jump to ReVanced.

Will that work on non-rooted device?

• edited March 2023

@BingoBongo said:

@deank said:
    I just pay for Tube premium. Given how much I watch/listen it, I feel it's worth it.

Not paying for a cable service certainly frees up the budget a lot. I don't even watch TV. Haven't watched it for at least a decade.

Same here.. paying for premium is far better instead of compromise the Google account

Protip: If you have an Indian IP address or VPN/VPS, purchase your Youtube Premium Subscription through that, costs me about 23 AUD (15 USD) for 1 year of Premium, don't need to use the Indian VPS again except for renewal.

I think I spun up a Vultr VM in Mumbai with OpenVPN AS preinstalled for about 20 minutes, cost me about an extra 1 cent for the 20 minutes of VPS usage.

Edit: me dumb w/ foreign currency conversions

• Will that work on non-rooted device?

ReVanced is working great on non-rooted device. And the last microG release is really (finally) using less battery!

• Been using Smart Tube on android for years never had a problem.

Never use YouTube unless I am on mobile so just having an android app is cool with me.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @TigersWay said:

ReVanced is working great on non-rooted device. And the last microG release is really (finally) using less battery!

Google Play blocked the installation. It says Unsafe App Blocked.

• @Fritz said:

As every app threatening google. Does it mean it's unsafe for you?

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited March 2023

@Fritz said:

@TigersWay said:

If it's a side-loaded apk, Google will always give you the "unknown third party apl, potentially dangerous" ⚠️🚨. This happens with any third party app you try to install usually. Not sure if there was an extra warning in your scenario aside from the standard one? The standard one you would also get when sideloading AdGuard, FossDroid or any other apk. Fwiw, if my Xiaomi Avast powered Antivirus (installed by default) does actually do its job, technically, all apps I install (even third party ones outside of Playstore) are automatically scanned by Xiaomi's Avast Scanner prior to the installation completing. W
    Fwiw, with New Pipe it didn't trigger any warning from Avast

• @Ympker said:

@Fritz said:

@TigersWay said:

If it's a side-loaded apk, Google will always give you the "unknown third party apl, potentially dangerous" ⚠️🚨. This happens with any third party app you try to install usually. Not sure if there was an extra warning in your scenario aside from the standard one? The standard one you would also get when sideloading AdGuard, FossDroid or any other apk. Fwiw, if my Xiaomi Avast powered Antivirus (installed by default) does actually do its job, technically, all apps I install (even third party ones outside of Playstore) are automatically scanned by Xiaomi's Avast Scanner prior to the installation completing. W

But this one prevented me to install it.
    Just an okay button.

The usual warning, can be skipped easily.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @Fritz said:

@seenu said:
    I was, is a user of Vanced and really like it.

heard about revanced but the process looked complex to me so never tried it.

but recently come across this guide https://www.reddit.com/r/revancedapp/comments/xlcny9/revanced_manager_guide_for_dummies/ and then i am using Revanced on all my devices.

Vanced still works great and shows a text ad @ top which is super fine, but if you want more features...then you can jump to ReVanced.

Yes

• @Fritz said:

@Ympker said:

@Fritz said:

@TigersWay said:

Just an okay button.

there should be a dropdown or something from which you can still allow it.

• @seenu said:

@Fritz said:

@Ympker said:

@Fritz said:

@TigersWay said:

Just an okay button.

Just need to allow side-loaded apks most likely. https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-sideload-install-android-app-apk/

• @seenu said:

@Fritz said:

@Ympker said:

@Fritz said:

@TigersWay said:

Just an okay button.

I can't install Youtube Music, Spotify patched works great though.

Warning can be skipped.

edited March 2023

@Fritz said:

@Ympker said:

@Fritz said:

@TigersWay said:

Just an okay button.

Yeah, I think there is something that doesn't look clickable above the Okay button. Try that.

Should look smth like this:

• @TigersWay said:

which microG you are using?
    one comes with vanced manager or another one developed by some developers of revanced?

• Oke I got everything sorted.
    I have to disable Google Play Protect.

Downloaded the APK from 3rd party site, unsigned version.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@Fritz said:
    Oke I got everything sorted.
    I have to disable Google Play Protect.

Downloaded the APK from 3rd party site, unsigned version.

ApkPure/Apkmirror/FOSSDroid is what I usually use for this (or, if available always the apk download on the official developer's site; e.g. AdGuard APK from their website rather than APKPure/Mirror).

• Just signup for YouTube Argentina and pay 1,20€/m.

• It's unfortunate that YouTube Vanced is no longer available, but it's good to know that there are other alternatives out there. Thanks for the heads up.