Convoy v3 • Open Source VPS Panel Using Proxmox • Open Beta • Free 512MB VPS (IPv6 Only)

1235»

Comments

• @carlin0 said:
    It’s been over a month since I placed the order and still nothing...
    maybe @Advin does these things just to collect customer data...

well mine is activ, but enable to use :)) can connect to it, only via console

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider
    edited March 2023

@carlin0 said:

Open a ticket and I'll delete your data/account. This is why I don't like doing free things anymore. Accusations like this just end up worsening my reputation, even though I'm offering free services entirely out of pocket. I do not want or care about customer data, for all I care, you could've signed up with fake information. There are no fraud checks, other than the LES profile, only to verify that you're an actual (active) member of the forum and not some random person signing up. I even made most of the fields for the sign up page completely optional. I'm paying for the WHMCS license, dedicated server, etc all out of pocket and offering VM's free to LES members. I've started projects like FroCDN, free for LES members. I've offered exclusive discounts, done $6/yr VPS promotions, and more, for LES members. I try my best to do stuff for the community, and you accusing me of launching this just to steal customer information just makes me a bit sad inside. The point of this was to provide VM's for people to be able to beta test Convoy, a new control panel.

Read above:

"Been a bit busy, will get back to working on Convoy, WHMCS module, and the beta in general within a few days. Been a bit hectic recently between Advin Servers and life in general, but my schedule should get back to normal soon and everything should be fixed/approved shortly."

A lot of people got their VM's. I've been busy, haven't had time to work on the Convoy beta. I'll get back to it eventually, but right now, life and Advin Servers are a priority.

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

@ZizzyDizzyMC said:
    I am interested in this panel, but I want to ask if there's any plans to offer lifetime licenses?
    This leads into the other question, what's the chance for a Hostbill integration?

I bought Hostbill specifically because I refuse monthly services for my infrastructure reliability. Convoy looks great, but I definitely can't use it with a monthly fee.

I think the chances of Hostbill integration are quite low, since I don't think there's any developers with Hostbill knowledge in the Convoy Discord, and I think Hostbill development licenses are somewhat expensive from what I could recall.

Here's Eric's statement on lifetime licenses:
    https://docs.convoypanel.com/guide/licensing.html
    "Sorry, I am not offering that type of licenses at the moment for the masses. However, I do hear you guys. I know how irritating it is today to pay for a subscription for absolutely everything, and I will consider different types of licenses (e.g. perpetual licenses but locked to a specific version of Convoy). But please bear with me while the subscription model is $6/node/month. If you are really in need of a discounted license (e.g. you're a new company or you've suffered heavy losses), please let me know and we can work out a solution. I am a person, not some large corporation. We can definitely work together."

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• @Advin said:

@carlin0 said:

Open a ticket and I'll delete your data/account. This is why I don't like doing free things anymore. Accusations like this just end up worsening my reputation, even though I'm offering free services entirely out of pocket. I do not want or care about customer data, for all I care, you could've signed up with fake information. There are no fraud checks, other than the LES profile, only to verify that you're an actual (active) member of the forum and not some random person signing up. I even made most of the fields for the sign up page completely optional. I'm paying for the WHMCS license, dedicated server, etc all out of pocket and offering VM's free to LES members. I've started projects like FroCDN, free for LES members. I've offered exclusive discounts, done $6/yr VPS promotions, and more, for LES members. I try my best to do stuff for the community, and you accusing me of launching this just to steal customer information just makes me a bit sad inside. The point of this was to provide VM's for people to be able to beta test Convoy, a new control panel.

Read above:

"Been a bit busy, will get back to working on Convoy, WHMCS module, and the beta in general within a few days. Been a bit hectic recently between Advin Servers and life in general, but my schedule should get back to normal soon and everything should be fixed/approved shortly."

A lot of people got their VM's. I've been busy, haven't had time to work on the Convoy beta. I'll get back to it eventually, but right now, life and Advin Servers are a priority.

Sad that people would accuse you of things when you have done so much for the community.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• @Advin said:

@carlin0 said:

Open a ticket and I'll delete your data/account.

Done

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De André --- Free NAT KVM

• @carlin0 said:

@Advin said:

@carlin0 said:

Open a ticket and I'll delete your data/account.

Done

Bye.

• @carlin0 said:

Do you know how rude 'you appear'. Learn to be polite. Thanks takes just 6 keys.

Thanked by (1)Wolveix
  • @msatt said:

@carlin0 said:

Do you know how rude 'you appear'. Learn to be polite. Thanks takes just 6 keys.

But thanks for what?

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"

• @carlin0 You insult @Advin by accusing them of collecting user data.
    They take the time to explain to you (personally) the situation i.e. free and doing it for the benefit of the community (us). Also offer to remove your account and all you can say is 'Done'.
    English may not be your first language but manners should always be first.
    Please be respectful and polite.
    If you don't understand what I am saying or the many other comments, then this is not the place for you.
    /end

• @msatt said:
    @carlin0 You insult @Advin by accusing them of collecting user data.

I didn’t insult nobody I wrote "maybe"
    but you call me "rude" and ...

@Advin said:
    ... you could've signed up with fake information...

So: who is insulting others Mr. Teacher ?

PS: I would appreciate this useless discussion ending

• @carlin0 said: I didn’t insult nobody I wrote "maybe"
    but you call me "rude" and ...

Ok - lets say you are "maybe" an idiot and just enjoy winding people up. Respect other peoples views.
    As far as

@carlin0 said: PS: I would appreciate this useless discussion ending

Then "maybe" shut up !!!

@carlin0 said: ... you could've signed up with fake information...

"could've" is insulting to you, but "maybe" is not insulting to others (broken logic)?

This may all be a cultural problem or may just be age/experience. Either way I find your comments and responses disrespectful.

I will stop at this point so as not to waste anyone elses time and will even let you have the last word which I am sure you will enjoy.

• Tome to state the obvious

The end is Nigh

Thanked by (1)Pieishere

Squats are the new Push-ups

• An apology goes a long way!

Someone who works @ https://crunchbits.com

• edited March 2023

So anyone else encounter this error for the client portal https://clients.wynservers.com/

Thanked by (1)ariq01
  • @xyphos10 said:

So anyone else encounter this error for the client portal https://clients.wynservers.com/

Yes, same for me.

• vyasvyas OG
    edited March 2023

@Advin said: There is no SLA policy on these free plans (obviously).

To those reporting the "account suspended" - thanks but also mention :

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Squats are the new Push-ups

• https://github.com/spiritLHLS/convoypanel-scripts

Back to this thread, I made a shell script for a one-click deployment and installation of convoy, but since I'm only using Debian for testing, only Debian 11 is supported for installation for now.

convoy seems to be having some problems with the Debian series, I'll be patient, it's a great project.

• the beta ends ! "The goals of the beta have been met" ! I was able to use it 10 minutes =)) best beta test i've ever !!

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • Your Order Number is: 7800453982

The screens look cool. Can't wait to play with it.

• Server password doesn't work when doing a re-install with Ubuntu