[Confirmed] Stromonic Clients In The Process Of Being Transferred To Leapswitch

Comments

• edited March 2023

^ even with three different providers in a row?
    Hmm. Okay then.

• @Fritz said:
    ^ even with three different providers in a row?
    Hmm. Okay then.

Around time of
    Ovh arrival

Coincidence?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Hello Customer,

We are sorry to inform you that, due to an ongoing legal battle between us and Indian authorities, we are facing fund crisis to pay our legal fees.

So, we can no longer run business operations due to this situation.

We would request you to take necessary backups of your data from your end. Our servers may turn offline shortly.

To migrate your domain please login into the below registry dashboard as per your domain registry.

OwnRegistrar: https://domain.stromonic.com

PublicDomainRegistry: https://cp.stromonic.com

Enom: https://access.enom.com

Your email address is same registered with us, and you may reset your password on registry page.

Regards,
    Stromonic Team

What a joke.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Received the same email. Title changed to reflect deadpool status of Stromonic.

Thanked by (4)_MS_ Ympker adly fluttershy

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Oh boy, so money is as good as gone I guess.

• They've previously used at least 5 different brand names. They could come here again with a new name. Be wary.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

what a cunt @stromonic is

Thanked by (2)kheng86 jmaxwell

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:
    what a cunt @stromonic is

It's cool how he is always online (checked the last days and his "last activity" is always on the current day) yet he doesn't respond to anything.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • “Legal battle with Government “

Playing victim , how nice.

Don’t file GST returns and now caught with pants down.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

motherfucker.

Thanked by (3)Brueggus kheng86 jmaxwell

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

@FrankZ said:

@Fritz said:
    I'm wondering what's up with some Indian Provider lately .

Do you know why there are never any issues with Mexican low end providers ?
    There are none.

You know why sometimes there are issues with Indian low end providers ?
    There are a lot of them.

(said with humor not malice) :)

Press Release: Advin Servers Launches in Mexico

/s

I am a representative of Advin Servers

• LoL so all that exciting deals was for gaining some money and then close the business ?

@stromonic why don't just sell your company and get some benefit rather then just closing the doors.

@SMARTHOST may buy you or pm me if you are interested in selling

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Currently Using Hetzner , OVH , Buyvm , Webhorizon , Hyonix , ConnectIndo

• Bloody hell, I just took a nap.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @webz said:
    LoL so all that exciting deals was for gaining some money and then close the business ?

@stromonic why don't just sell your company and get some benefit rather then just closing the doors.

@SMARTHOST may buy you or pm me if you are interested in selling

I would like to offer 5 indian rupee google play giftcard

• @gomi said:
    Yes, I received an email like this, and if I don't verify, I won't be able to take any further actions, or even get a refund. So, I had to naïvely upload my personal information as requested. Is there any risk involved? Could you give me some advice?

What did you give them? If ID, mark it as stolen with ur local Govt.

• @Advin said:

Press Release: Advin Servers Launches in Mexico

/s

Congratulations <3

• BlaZeBlaZe Hosting ProviderOG

@vyas said:
    “Legal battle with Government “

Playing victim , how nice.

Don’t file GST returns and now caught with pants down.

I knew this was bound to happen some day as the GST authorities are very strict. It is not like 10 years back when you could move the Sales Tax/VAT file to different "babus" (officers) to "fix" things.

The current Govt. is very strict to catch miscreants who willingly try to dodge/evade taxes.

Thanked by (1)BingoBongo

ExoticVM.com - Find VPS in exotic locations!

• leapswitchleapswitch Hosting Provider
    edited March 2023
    1. Why only @stromonic ? What about @OVHcloud_APAC, @Abdullah , mikho (if he still have Mumbai NAT service, not tagging because of a previous post), @leapswitch and @Advin would not the rule apply for them also?

The government (in India and in most developing countries ) rules are a bit of a mess as always. The cyber crime/police require things which are a lot different/more from what the government has specified.

We require KYC now for all services deployed in India. This is fully automated via a government authorized 3rd party verification service for customers based in India. We do not collect any documentation - users are sent a verification link, they connect their DigiLocker (Indian government's online storage for all government issued documents), verify ownership of the locker via SMS and a photo. The entire process takes less than 5 minutes to complete, most users finish it in 1-2 minutes. We only receive a confirmation whether a user is verified or not and is marked accordingly in our system.

For non-Indian users, we are working to implement Stripe Identity. Till it is done, we are manually requesting documentation for suspicious signups/users only.

• @leapswitch said:

The government (in India and in most developing countries ) rules are a bit of a mess as always. The cyber crime/police require things which are a lot different/more from what the government has specified.

We require KYC now for all services deployed in India. This is fully automated via a government authorized 3rd party verification service for customers based in India. We do not collect any documentation - users are sent a verification link, they connect their DigiLocker (Indian government's online storage for all government issued documents), verify ownership of the locker via SMS and a photo. The entire process takes less than 5 minutes to complete, most users finish it in 1-2 minutes. We only receive a confirmation whether a user is verified or not and is marked accordingly in our system.

For non-Indian users, we are working to implement Stripe Identity. Till it is done, we are manually requesting documentation for suspicious signups/users only.

Thank you, this explains that they are just pure scammers. I'm glad I didn't fall for their crap because of their inability to create a proper title.

Thanked by (1)BlaZe

UpCloud free $25 through this aff link - Akamai, DigitalOcean and Vultr alternative, multiple location, IPv6.

• Poor souls who sent them documents... Probably bcc'd to nearest kolkata call center.

Thanked by (3)treesmokah kheng86 adly
  • vyasvyas OG
    edited March 2023

@legendary said:
    Poor souls who sent them documents... Probably bcc'd to nearest kolkata call center.

or Dhaka.

@leapswitch,

Evolving policy should not be construed as a mess. GOI Cyber cell is very pro active- I have mentioned elsewhere that they have a ~ 2.5 year headstart on most other countries on matters like Apps (gaming/ fast money, etc) and Tik Tok.
    Being at the leading edge has its advantages and there is a learning curve.

I have discussed with DC operators and for retail customers KYC not needed, it is only for direct customers of a DC. If that is the case for you then good that you have the measures in place. If not, you are over cautious or have a conservative advisor. Nothing wrong with either. After all, you have a business to run. best wishes.

Over and out !

Aawjo,

Thanked by (2)BingoBongo BlaZe
  • MS said:
    They've previously used at least 5 different brand names. They could come here again with a new name. Be wary.

Possible to know more about those names?

• @adwsislife said:

MS said:
    They've previously used at least 5 different brand names. They could come here again with a new name. Be wary.

Possible to know more about those names?

Hostwinks/hostgoi/stromonic

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • @dosai said: hostgoi

they were targetting Israeli market with that one it seems

Thanked by (1)crunchbits
  • Dear Customer,

Kindly ignore the previous email.

We would like to inform you that, we are migrating all our customers to LeapSwitch.com. All your active services/servers/domains will be migrated to LeapSwitch shortly.

You are requested to co-operate on this situation.

What a shitshow.

Thanked by (1)Ympker

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Brueggus said:

Dear Customer,

We would like to inform you that, we are migrating all our customers to LeapSwitch.com. All your active services/servers/domains will be migrated to LeapSwitch shortly.

What a shitshow.

This thread is going to break the record for title changes.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@Brueggus said:

Dear Customer,

What a shitshow.

This thread is going to break the record for title changes.

Deadpool and back?
    Title

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

Just a reminder, we'll cover any deadpools. Go here: https://virmach.com/vps-price-match-refugee-offers/

Click Refugee Offers, click Refugee form, include copy of most recent paid invoice, link to website, price, term, when you have it paid until, specs. It'll be free until the time you paid for it, of course can't cover anything "lifetime" and if it's something really long we'll evaluate it on a case by case basis (like more than 1 year prepaid.)

We don't plan on deadpooling any time soon, until at least April 1st.

• And if I remember correctly, they had this weird pricing where the 4 GB/1 IPv4 VPS was more expensive than 4 times the 1 GB/1 IPv4 each VPS, because they said the pricing for the small VPSes was unsustainable.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@cmeerw said:
    And if I remember correctly, they had this weird pricing where the 4 GB/1 IPv4 VPS was more expensive than 4 times the 1 GB/1 IPv4 each VPS, because they said the pricing for the small VPSes was unsustainable.

You are correct, They did have an odd price list.