[Confirmed] Stromonic Clients In The Process Of Being Transferred To Leapswitch

Comments

• Migration is complete:

Dear Customer,

We would like to inform you that, we apologise for the downtime, your VPS is now online and operational.

Regards,
    Stromonic Team

Faster than @VirMach's button.

Thanked by (2)BlaZe Ganonk

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

@VirMach said:
    Just a reminder, we'll cover any deadpools. Go here: https://virmach.com/vps-price-match-refugee-offers/

Does this cover once off customs/special situations? Had a nexus one that was way below commercially thanks to some fortunate grandfathering

Fine if answer is no

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Brueggus said:
    Migration is complete:

Dear Customer,

We would like to inform you that, we apologise for the downtime, your VPS is now online and operational.

Regards,
    Stromonic Team

Faster than @VirMach's button.

Received the same email. I can login to the panel now without the KYC stuff. VPS controls do not appear, and VPS is not available yet, but I give it a bit and see what happens.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• i opened a dispute in the morning after seeing their first email about ceasing operations.. and now this...

• @localhost said:
    i opened a dispute in the morning after seeing their first email about ceasing operations.. and now this...

I've already filed a chargeback this morning and I'm not going to cancel it. This wasn't the first time they pulled bullshit and it won't be the last.

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• HostarisHostaris Hosting Provider

We can cover refugee offers too.

Just chat to us on live chat @ https://hostaris.com :)

• leapswitchleapswitch Hosting Provider

Hi everyone,
    As you may have seen in the email, @stromonic reached out to us to see if we can help keep the lights on. The services are back online, its a weekend past midnight in India so we have not really looked at what needs to be checked/fixed/migrated etc.

We will try to work through the weekend and go over all the services that Stromonic offers and reach out on a service/location basis to each customer. We will reach out to you latest by Monday night.

Please do not use leapswitch.com portals / support phone numbers / email addresses for any Stromonic related queries as our team needs time to go over everything. For now, please reach out via the Stromonic support system and @stromonic will continue to assist you.

Who are we?

Leapswitch Networks has was founded in December 2006 (as lacehost.com) and is incorporated in India and in the USA. We have 40+ employees across 3 offices in India and run 1000s of servers in Pune, Mumbai, Noida and in various locations in Europe and USA.
    We are also the provider for Stromonic for their Mumbai, India region.

• Peachy drama, fellas! :D

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

Gonna need a neck brace from all this whiplash! Best of luck to all those involved!

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @Mason said: Gonna need a neck brace from all this whiplash!

Hey at least you haven't doubled your age and have a "dicky ticker". :open_mouth:

Thanked by (1)Mason

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @havoc said:

@VirMach said:
    Just a reminder, we'll cover any deadpools. Go here: https://virmach.com/vps-price-match-refugee-offers/

Does this cover once off customs/special situations? Had a nexus one that was way below commercially thanks to some fortunate grandfathering

Does this cover Black Friday limited dealz?

• $4/year
    • 1 blacklisted IPv4
    • no IPv6 forever
    • 384 MB RAM
    • 22 GB HDD
    • 100 GB monthly transfer
    • Buffalo NY location

Do I get Tokyo if the provider of the following deal deadpools?

• $6/year
    • 1 clean IPv4 with mailing blocked
    • crummy single /128 IPv6
    • 4000 MB RAM
    • 15 GB SSD
    • 1000 GB monthly transfer
    • Mumbai India location

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Mason said: Gonna need a neck brace from all this whiplash! Best of luck to all those involved!

Mentally strong people™ have drama threads with happy endings.
    Thanks @leapswitch :heart:

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@havoc said:

@VirMach said:

Fine if answer is no

@yoursunny said:

@havoc said:

@VirMach said:

Does this cover Black Friday limited dealz?

• $4/year
    • 1 blacklisted IPv4
    • no IPv6 forever
    • 384 MB RAM
    • 22 GB HDD
    • 100 GB monthly transfer
    • Buffalo NY location

Do I get Tokyo if the provider of the following deal deadpools?

• $6/year
    • 1 clean IPv4 with mailing blocked
    • crummy single /128 IPv6
    • 4000 MB RAM
    • 15 GB SSD
    • 1000 GB monthly transfer
    • Mumbai India location

We try to do closest available location if it's available so for Mumbai you'd get Tokyo until we're sold out.

For "price match" it's only active offers. For "refugee" it's any deal, any price, as long as they're either confirmed deadpool or you explain your situation and at our discretion it qualifies. As in you're not just trying to double your services with an active host. So that means the service is in a suspended/non-functional state or high risk and you're moving the data off and not using theirs anymore.

Thanked by (3)yoursunny FrankZ adly
  • @treesmokah said:

@gomi said:
    Yes, I received an email like this, and if I don't verify, I won't be able to take any further actions, or even get a refund. So, I had to naïvely upload my personal information as requested. Is there any risk involved? Could you give me some advice?

What did you give them? If ID, mark it as stolen with ur local Govt.

yes , my ID. i trust them ,then....,i have marked it as stolen with my local Govt. thanks for reminding :)

Thanked by (1)treesmokah
  • they say my vps is online but .....,and Migrating to LeapSwitch then i login with NO ACCOUNT LINK TO THAT EMAIL. yeah,APRIL FOOL'S DAY Aha?

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

“Migrating” or “acquired”?

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@MichaelCee said:
    “Migrating” or “acquired”?

"refugeed"

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• "deprecated" :)

• They will sell it to leapswitch. Run, while you can.

• @gomi said:
    they say my vps is online but .....,and Migrating to LeapSwitch then i login with NO ACCOUNT LINK TO THAT EMAIL. yeah,APRIL FOOL'S DAY Aha?

I got the same email but I had to start my vps from stromonic my services page. It's UP now.

• Hmm, interesting to see the drama in a thread =)

KangServer.id - Doing some benchmarks on VPS / Server
    LowEnd VPS Deals - LowEnd / Cheap VPS Deals

• FYI: They're still insisting on the KYC verification thing:

Your server is active, but you must have to verify your identity in future as per our government guidelines.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• @Brueggus said:
    FYI: They're still insisting on the KYC verification thing:

Your server is active, but you must have to verify your identity in future as per our government guidelines.

You have to provide kyc if the server hosted on Indian DC.
    However I would recommend you not to submit KYC directly to Stromonic.

Wait for migration to Leapswitch and then if require you can submit KYC to Leapswitch or cancel the server if you want.

With Leapswitch it's 100% safe as they are very reputable and well established company and in business more almost 20 years I think.

Thanked by (1)leapswitch
  • Darn, I almost wish I ended up getting scammed by these guys. Would love to have a cheap service with Leapswitch (as long as the takeover goes well)

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

@legendary said:
    They will sell it to leapswitch. Run, while you can.

It really sounds like they already have.

“We will reach out to you”

“Don’t use leap switch support for now“

“We are migrating all customers to leap switch”

IMO (If I’m even eligible to comment on acquisitions) that last email saying “Ignore us, we’re back in business, we’re moving to leap switch” is very much a shit show, and urgent clarification is required.

• @MichaelCee said:

@legendary said:
    They will sell it to leapswitch. Run, while you can.

It really sounds like they already have.

“We will reach out to you”

“Don’t use leap switch support for now“

“We are migrating all customers to leap switch”

IMO (If I’m even eligible to comment on acquisitions) that last email saying “Ignore us, we’re back in business, we’re moving to leap switch” is very much a shit show, and urgent clarification is required.

Yeah, agree completely! Feels reactionary to an issue that's arisen since - you wouldn't revert such a massive decision without a good reason

• @febryanvaldo said:
    Hmm, interesting to see the drama in a thread =)

pop corn wherever :#

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited April 2023

@MichaelCee said: IMO (If I’m even eligible to comment on acquisitions) that last email saying “Ignore us, we’re back in business, we’re moving to leap switch” is very much a shit show, and urgent clarification is required.

Leapswitch was Stromonic's upstream in Mumbai, they seem to be taking over Stromonic's client obligations. I expect this is not an acquisition of the company, just the clients, and Leapswitch is going to provide the services directly. We will probably find out more info by Monday or Tuesday.

It is interesting to see that when a low end provider fails, other providers like Leapswitch, or VirMach, and Hostaris, via refuge offers, see enough value in the client base to make clients reasonably whole service wise. This is probably one of the best safety nets for LE provider clients that is happening within the community currently.

• @FrankZ said:
    Leapswitch was Stromonic's upstream in Mumbai, they seem to be taking over Stromonic's client obligations. I expect this is not an acquisition of the company, just the clients, and Leapswitch is going to provide the services directly. We will probably find out more info by Monday or Tuesday.

It is interesting to see that when a low end provider fails, other providers like Leapswitch, or VirMach, and Hostaris, via refuge offers, see enough value in the client base to make clients reasonably whole service wise. This is probably one of the best safety nets for LE provider clients that is happening within the community currently.

This time it kind of bugs me a bit to be honest.
    It is pretty obvious that Stromonics business plan did not work out. Their customers were not providing them enough revenue to be profitable. Leapswitch is a serious player, they are big and have been around for a long time. Why would they make the rookie mistake of taking over an unprofitable customer base? I'm sure Leapswitch is more automated and have a leaner organization, but I doubt that it is enough to turn Stromonics dumpsterfire of a userbase into profitable customers.

I can understand refugee offers, where other providers give users a way out. They most likely do not make a profit out of it but it's goodwill and hopefully you earn a couple of faithful customers in the long run. But simply taking over a complete userbase that you know is never gonna be profitable? It does not make sense, unless big price adjustments are coming soon.

Thanked by (1)MichaelCee