Don't buy a reseller hosting from HostWinds

I saw they are offering reseller packages https://www.hostwinds.com/hosting/reseller and bought the Ultimate reseller plan based on cPanel (and WHM I guess), and then, there is a surprise:

Comments

• nullroutenullroute Hosting Provider

Keep believing in "Unlimited" resources, lmao

Thanked by (1)Asim

https://purplehost.com.br - Reliable, secure and affordable game hosting.

• edited April 2023

@nullroute said:
    Keep believing in "Unlimited" resources, lmao

It's not about resources, I know they are mostly limited but they can't sell a "reseller hosting" and tell "just add the addon domain" in your cPanel account. I was looking for a quick solution to isolate some of my webs into different cPanel accounts, but for that I need WHM.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

Thank you for reaching out to Hostwinds and I am here to assist you.
    That's good to hear you are looking for our service.
    All reseller plan comes with a single Cpanel.There is no WHM or WHMCS available and you are directly reselling the plan to your client.
    Reseller = 1 cpanel per package. It is intended to be resold to your client directly. The reseller plan are available is basic reseller, advanced reseller plan, ultimate reseller plan. The basic plan allows only 1 domain and advanced plan allow 4 domains and ultimate plan allow unlimited domain.
    You will get discounts for buying/reselling more accounts. and a panel and ssl included. There is no limit for your client.The basic advanced ultimate plan also includes Unlimited Bandwidth,Unlimited Disk Space,Unlimited Databases,Latest cPanel,Free SSL Certificates
    White Label Reseller comes with WHMCS and uses the Shared Hosting plan. It is intended to provide a platform to resell our services; our Shared Hosting, Business Hosting, and VPS plans.
    The base price for a Hostwinds White Label Reseller account is $10/mo.
    Hostwinds White Label Reseller is an advanced reseller program designed to quickly set up your web hosting platform. With it, you get access to a primary control panel and hosting for your clients. You also get powerful tools that come with WHMCS to set your prices and manage your products.
    Let's say you have a Basic Shared Plan on your storefront and you have it listed on your website for $10.99 a month. The Basic Shared Plan costs you $8.99/month since that is how much it costs to buy it from us. Since you have it listed for $10.99 a month, you would be making a $2 profit
    Yes, you can put the price you wish to have
    Please let me know if you have any questions and I am happy to help

A whole lotta text for my first live chat interaction.

I almost thought the "shared" plan was cheaper and tried to catch them out, but I was corrected that it's just a one-time discount.

Really unattractive "reseller" offer. You'd be charged $115/month for 15 users. Would rather just spin up

• edited April 2023

I am wondering if they are familiar with cPanel WHM reseller functionality at all, as this what they advertise as "reseller" plan is nothing but ordinary shared hosting account with addon domains and "reseller" have zero control over the package they resell.
    Who deal with end-clients support tickets here?

Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • love that first deal, reseller with only a single domain option. sign me up!

• @Mumbly said:
    I am wondering if they are familiar with cPanel WHM reseller functionality at all, as this what they advertise as "reseller" plan is nothing but ordinary shared hosting account with addon domains and "reseller" have zero control over the package they resell.

maybe hostwinds themselves are a reseller lmao

Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • edited April 2023

@Mumbly said:

They can have a "reseller" who's account only counts as 1 account towards their cPanel license limit, since addon domains are NOT considered in the total account limit of the license it will reduce the amount they have to pay for their cPanel licenses. That's my assumption anyways...

• bruh do you even reseller

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.