Ivacy VPN Lifetime at $18

2»

Comments

• I'm still using the lifetime FastestVPN deal also from StackSocial. Works well for me

Thanked by (1)Ympker

404 Error: Signature Not Found

• edited April 2023

@vitobotta said:
    I'm still using the lifetime FastestVPN deal also from StackSocial. Works well for me

CEO of this thing is currently being sued by his local govt for credit card fraud and faking certificates lmao
    also appears to be a mobster
    https://treasure.com.pk/fia-lodges-fir-case-against-inter-market-securities-owner-and-abtach-software-house/
    https://www.thecorrespondent.pk/fia-registers-fraud-case-against-major-karachi-software-house/
    https://www.bolnews.com/latest/2021/02/digitonics-scam-cartel-bribery-accusations-hurled-on-fia-cyber-crime-by-fraud-companies/

https://lrc.shc.gov.pk/downloads/Dec-Mar-2021.pdf

The company in "Cayman Islands" they claim - doesn't exist.
    The audit is laughable and you have to log in to see it - https://s2.fileditch.ch/husrCgfheCraYNJYCQgg.pdf
    ^ @chimichurri that's the same company that "audited" Pure VPN, basically c&p privacy policy and say "we good" - that's literally it.

• YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

@sonic said:
    update: iOS version works quite well on MacOS, it worths every penny

Does the iOS version support Wireguard then? Sorry, I wasn't sure if Mac appstore and iOS (mobile?) AppStore were the same. Never really used Apple. Glad if it worked :)

• edited April 2023

As far as speeds go, from work I tested again (still from my phone using the Ivacy Android app), I got 118/20 Mbps down/up on my LTE connection (T-Mobile). I swapped over to my Private Internet Access VPN which I've had for a couple years (usually pay about $25/year for it, if you buy 3-years at once), got roughly the same speeds testing against the same speedtest server (121/17).

For whatever it's worth, I have a Racknerd VPS in a similar geographic location to that speedtest server, and I got similar speeds on it as well testing still via LTE (129/13). After that one, I tested without a VPN just with the T-Mobile connection, got 116/14. I did all 4 sitting down at my desk, one right after the other, but of course there are multiple variables. But happy to see that the speeds I'm getting at least with this one speedtest server are only limited by my LTE connection, not by any of the 3 different VPNs. So for $35 lifetime (/grumble about buying that before we knew the "5 device" plan still gave 10), very happy with the Ivacy purchase to start.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited April 2023

@SocksAreComfortable said:
    As far as speeds go, from work I tested again (still from my phone using the Ivacy Android app), I got 118/20 Mbps down/up on my LTE connection (T-Mobile). I swapped over to my Private Internet Access VPN which I've had for a couple years (usually pay about $25/year for it, if you buy 3-years at once), got roughly the same speeds testing against the same speedtest server (121/17).

For whatever it's worth, I have a Racknerd VPS in a similar geographic location to that speedtest server, and I got similar speeds on it as well testing still via LTE (129/13). After that one, I tested without a VPN just with the T-Mobile connection, got 116/14. I did all 4 sitting down at my desk, one right after the other, but of course there are multiple variables. But happy to see that the speeds I'm getting at least with this one speedtest server are only limited by my LTE connection, not by any of the 3 different VPNs. So for $35 lifetime (/grumble about buying that before we knew the "5 device" plan still gave 10), very happy with the Ivacy purchase to start.

Yeah, Ivacy's speeds are decent, albeit not best. At least, I rarely get above 100 Mbit/s with their apps/servers. FastestVPN and especially Keepsolid are usually way faster. Since I only use Ivacy for unblocking streaming services and some streaming in 1920x1080p the 50-100 Mbit/s I usually get are more than enough for the use case. That said, I willingly opted for an unmetered LTE contract of 10 Mbit/s Up/Down for 15€ instead of like 30GB "Highspeed LTE" (up to 225 Mbit/s) for about the same price.
    There is really no use case on my mobile were I would notice any difference. Twitch Streams are working smoothly at 1080p, Flix/Prime Video etc are running just fine, too. No lags, no buffering, all good. Hotspot for my laptop also runs smoothly. Of course, surfing/mails/chatting etc also works flawlessly. If I download stuff for offline watching e.g. from Flix I can do that on wifi. So yeah, I pretty much prefer unmetered 10 Mbit/s over 30GB Highspeed at 225 Mbit/s which gets downgraded to 64 Kbit/s after the limit is reached. Been there, never again.
    Since 10 Mbit/s is not a very high number, needlessly to say, basically all VPN services offer me maximum speed on mobile data.

Thanked by (1)SocksAreComfortable
  • @Ympker said:

@sonic said:
    update: iOS version works quite well on MacOS, it worths every penny

Does the iOS version support Wireguard then? Sorry, I wasn't sure if Mac appstore and iOS (mobile?) AppStore were the same. Never really used Apple. Glad if it worked :)

Yes, the iOS version supports Wireguard and works well on iOS and macOS devices fyi

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Cheers, @root, great spot. Picked one up for the other half, got the 10 device version!

Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • Great find, this one is so much better than my current one 5 years lifetime plan for 60$. :) I got also 10. Thanks

Thanked by (1)Ympker

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• Just got my first lifetime vpn ;)

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@kheng86 said:
    Just got my first lifetime vpn ;)

Congrats! :) remember to message support after 5 years to renew free of charge. For me, this will be case in july. Then I can tell if/how it worked.
    In any case, for now, just enjoy the first 5 years!

Thanked by (2)kheng86 Tnetenn
  • @nick_ said:
    I also wrote them an email. Please keep me updated if you get the deal or a refund.

I've got a reply that asked me if I can find the Cancel button on PayPal, which I can't find, so the money is still held by PayPal. (Pending status)
    But, the good news is: they gave me a small credit (hope you get it too). I could repurchase with a debit card.

Thanked by (2)nick_ Ympker
  • @Tnetenn said:

@nick_ said:
    I also wrote them an email. Please keep me updated if you get the deal or a refund.

I've got a reply that asked me if I can find the Cancel button on PayPal, which I can't find, so the money is still held by PayPal. (Pending status)
    But, the good news is: they gave me a small credit (hope you get it too). I could repurchase with a debit card.

Exactly like my case. And you know I applied both the coupon and the given $5 credit to buy this deal again, I ended up paying $40.98 without any discount even though it said $13.99 at checkout. I had to contact them again to get a refund. Luckily, I haven't clicked the claim my code botton. Not mentioning I already have $18.99 stuck at PayPal earlier.

Thanked by (1)Tnetenn
    edited April 2023

@nick_ @Tnetenn hope your PayPal issue gets sorted. First time I heard of such an issue with PayPal. I only knew something like this from Hotel reservations when I would leave my Amex card details for reservation.
    Fwiw, PayPal Express on Stacksocial directly checked out (linked to my bank account). No money was temporarily held back or something like this. Weird.

Thanked by (2)nick_ Tnetenn
  • AsimAsim OGServices Provider

For some weird reason, everytime I login, after every click I am logged out. Not even using any VPN
    Same case on MacOS and same on Linux ... weird

@Asim said:
    For some weird reason, everytime I login, after every click I am logged out. Not even using any VPN
    Same case on MacOS and same on Linux ... weird

I'd try reinstalling the apps, I guess.

• My old subscription has been upgraded to 10 devices as per device management section. I bought Ivacy bundle last year as I read somewhere that firewall addon is mandatory for port forwarding. But its now included free without any additional addon. I have tested port forwarding but it only works on certain servers and is a hit and miss. Most of their servers are shite and slow with very poor peering, unlike keepsolid that uses premium hosts. The netflix works great though for all the regions. Their Windows app is also pretty good with split tunnel, which is very rare for lifetime vpn providers. Overall, it's an insane deal at this price.

• edited April 2023

Does anyone know how StackSocial processes a refund? I did some research and found that they will refund to account credit instead of the card. And does a coupon work together with account credit when purchasing a deal? I'm asking because I'm afraid I have purchased this deal for $40.98 but it said $13.99 at checkout.

• @nick_ said:
    Does anyone know how StackSocial processes a refund? I did some research and found that they will refund to account credit instead of the card. And does a coupon work together with account credit when purchasing a deal? I'm asking because I'm afraid I have purchased this deal for $40.98 but it said $13.99 at checkout.

You should contact them directly

• edited April 2023

@sonic said:

@nick_ said:

You should contact them directly

Already did. They will reply the next business day.

Thanked by (2)Ympker Tnetenn
  • How good is the port forwarding here?

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• @Ympker said:
    @nick_ @Tnetenn hope your PayPal issue gets sorted. First time I heard of such an issue with PayPal. I only knew something like this from Hotel reservations when I would leave my Amex card details for reservation.
    Fwiw, PayPal Express on Stacksocial directly checked out (linked to my bank account). No money was temporarily held back or something like this. Weird.

Thank you so much @Ympker. Yes, I got another reply from Stacksockal and seems I just need to wait for about 1 month to get release the money on PayPal held. But, I'm quite happy to get this one. Thank you to @root, too, for sharing this deal here!

@nick_ said:

I'm sorry to hear you faced another problem. I also checked their Refund Policy, and if I understand correctly, it seems you need to wait another 30 days to get store credit, or doesn't be mentioned there but, you may contact support – as you already did. Hope you get the reply soon and resolved.

Btw, I used the $5 credit they just gave me and the coupon code at the same time = $13.99. Hope you get VPN for 10 at this price.

Thanked by (3)nick_ root Ympker
  • I got a response on weekend from the same support person. He said that I have to wait for around a month for the pending money on PayPal because StackSocial couldn't do anything on their end and neither can I which is understandable.

Fortunately, he manually refunded the different amount after applying the coupon to the original form of payment, not account credit for my case. But I have to wait several business days to get it back. My case didn't go smoothly like other customers but I ended up paying $13.99 for this deal and have to wait several days to get the partial refund after deducting from the full payment. And I also have to wait a month for PayPal to return my money from the first payment issue.

Besides having the issue, I'm really impressed with their support. He is professional and very helpful. He completely understood the situation I was in and helped me solve it. I got the deal I wanted at the price I'm happy to pay and StackSocial got the money.

Thanked by (2)Ympker Tnetenn

@nick_ said:
    I got a response on weekend from the same support person. He said that I have to wait for around a month for the pending money on PayPal because StackSocial couldn't do anything on their end and neither can I which is understandable.

Fortunately, he manually refunded the different amount after applying the coupon to the original form of payment, not account credit for my case. But I have to wait several business days to get it back. My case didn't go smoothly like other customers but I ended up paying $13.99 for this deal and have to wait several days to get the partial refund after deducting from the full payment. And I also have to wait a month for PayPal to return my money from the first payment issue.

Besides having the issue, I'm really impressed with their support. He is professional and very helpful. He completely understood the situation I was in and helped me solve it. I got the deal I wanted at the price I'm happy to pay and StackSocial got the money.

Happy it worked out in the end (with some difficulties). Nice that you got a reply on the weekend and a competent one at that :)

Enjoy the VPN! Do you already have Access to the vpn?

Thanked by (1)nick_
  • @Ympker said:

@nick_ said:
    I got a response on weekend from the same support person. He said that I have to wait for around a month for the pending money on PayPal because StackSocial couldn't do anything on their end and neither can I which is understandable.

Happy it worked out in the end (with some difficulties). Nice that you got a reply on the weekend and a competent one at that :)

Thank you! What a relief. Yes, I already redeemed the code, and it's my first lifetime VPN deal (that's required to manually extend after 5 years). I really like it so far.

Thanked by (1)Ympker
    edited April 2023

@nick_ said:

@Ympker said:

@nick_ said:

Thank you! What a relief. Yes, I already redeemed the code, and it's my first lifetime VPN deal (that's required to manually extend after 5 years). I really like it so far.

I know how this can feel. Long ago, I purchased a lifetime license for a SaaS marketing tool (Glorifyapp) and the price was like 200€.
    When ordering, I needed 3 attempts until I received a confirmation message (before it seemed like the process failed). Turned out 2 hours later, I got two more confirmations and was charged 600€ subsequently (3 orders went through in the end). Luckily I had talked to the CEO the day before ordering on phone to ask some questions about the product and when this issue occurred I called him and he refunded the two wrong payments about 3 hours later, but yeah..things like this suck.

Happy you like it :) Two of my college friends also got the deal. It's a steal at that price :P

Thanked by (1)nick_
  • bruh21bruh21 Hosting Provider

pretty fast on their browser extension

@bruh21 said:

That's because it's just a proxy not an encrypted vpn connection. I love their browser extension for unblocking streaming channels as it yields really fast speeds.

• bruh21bruh21 Hosting Provider

@Ympker said:

@bruh21 said:

That's because it's just a proxy not an encrypted vpn connection. I love their browser extension for unblocking streaming channels as it yields really fast speeds.

Yeah, I agree that the extension is the way to go. Their desktop app was making my antivirus go apeshit anyways, and after testing it I decided it wasn’t worth the hassle of exceptions and all that

Thanked by (1)Ympker

@bruh21 said:

@Ympker said:

@bruh21 said:

Yeah, I agree that the extension is the way to go. Their desktop app was making my antivirus go apeshit anyways, and after testing it I decided it wasn’t worth the hassle of exceptions and all that

Yeah, I mostly use the browser extension, too. Unblocking is like 98% of my use case for Ivacy. Works really well with the extension.

• Ivacy offer from Stacksocial is over. To whoever was fast enough and snatched it: congratulations.

/thread

Thanked by (2)Ympker Nekki

How are you... online?

This discussion has been closed.