[confirmed] PacketVM customers are being transferred to Kuroit

edited April 2023 in Industry News

my id can't login,new website kuroit i can't log in with my id either too

Title changed by FrankZ Apr 17th. Original title: packetVM suspected of running away

i need cheap vps year payment .

Comments

• Have you contacted via Kuroit? @Kuroit

Thanked by (2)bdl Kuroit

KangServer.id - Doing some benchmarks on VPS / Server
    LowEnd VPS Deals - LowEnd / Cheap VPS Deals

• PEBKAC

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

that was fast

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• lmao glad I didn't renew my vps on this one

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• @cybertech said:
    that was fast

I've just stopped buying from new hosts, they're all resellers anyways. If you don't own 2 of the 3: hardware, network, IP space, then there is nothing keeping you around. Pricing is sort of shit too, since they're just renting dedis so they need to cover the margin for the actual hosting provider too.

• Were customers informed or given a heads-up about this, prior to the merger?

Or is this one of those "let's just go ahead and communicate later"?

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• MikeAMikeA Hosting ProviderOG

@fluttershy said:
    Pricing is sort of shit too, since they're just renting dedis so they need to cover the margin for the actual hosting provider too.

What about the bigger VPS/cloud providers? Their pricing is generally higher than the hosts that come around LE* and they're probably making 5x profit compared to the smaller companies. So it shouldn't be bad for a smaller company to profit.

Thanked by (2)Kuroit Khalequzzaman

ExtraVM - High RAM Specials
    Yours truly.

• KuroitKuroit Hosting Provider

@Shakespeare said:
    my id can't login,new website kuroit i can't log in with my id either too

Hey! DM me your email so I can look into this for you?

https://www.kuroit.com - Managed cPanel Hosting & VPS Hosting in UK

• KuroitKuroit Hosting Provider

@TheDP said:
    Were customers informed or given a heads-up about this, prior to the merger?

Or is this one of those "let's just go ahead and communicate later"?

Yes, an email was sent to all the clients as I made sure everyone was informed before this happened.
    Even verified the email logs on ClientExec and gave few days before we did it.

Apart from the email:
    1. New VPS Control Panel link is added on the top bar of our client area, so they dont miss it.
    2. Added another welcome message in the client area for what to expect and how to reach out to us.

We're aware of the performance and support issues that were raised with PacketVM lately and surely keen to fix everything!

Also if you're a client, and if you want to move away from Virtualizor + OpenVZ, we're happy to offer same spec & same pricing on our VirtFusion + KVM setup! Please reach out to us! :)

Thanked by (1)TheDP

https://www.kuroit.com - Managed cPanel Hosting & VPS Hosting in UK

• @MikeA said:

@fluttershy said:
    Pricing is sort of shit too, since they're just renting dedis so they need to cover the margin for the actual hosting provider too.

What about the bigger VPS/cloud providers? Their pricing is generally higher than the hosts that come around LE* and they're probably making 5x profit compared to the smaller companies. So it shouldn't be bad for a smaller company to profit.

They have the benefit of being stable and not likely to disappear. The added trust is worth more. Paying the same/20% less than at DO/Linode/Vultr isn't worth the savings unless you value your time at $0. The cost of migrating infrastructure, etc is too high compared to saving a few dollars on your hosting bill each month, especially considering you lose out on some of the more cloud like features that you're giving up with almost every LE* host (snapshots, load balancing, firewalls, etc). I never found packetvm's pricing interesting enough to bite, since they priced a litle bit below the more cloudlike large hosts (who aren't on terrible networks, have more features, and aren't using decade old hardware)

Thanked by (2)chimichurri FrankZ