RackNerd VPS transfer: March Madness Specials

I want to transfer a RackNerd VPS with the following configurations. It's sitting idle for months and needs a new owner.

2x vCPU Cores
45 GB PURE SSD Storage (RAID-10)
2.5 GB RAM
5000GB Monthly Premium Bandwidth
1Gbps Public Network Port
Full Root Admin Access
1 Dedicated IPv4 Address
Recurring price: 21.50 USD/yr

This VPS needs to be renewed on 1/21/2024. If you want to get this VPS, you need to pay $20 (VPS price + $8 transfer fee + Paypal fee) to me. This deal is better than current RackNerd deals.

# ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## ## #
#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
#                     v2023-04-23                    #
# https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sun 09 Jul 2023 10:35:23 AM EDT

Basic System Information:
---------------------------------
Uptime     : 18 days, 9 hours, 37 minutes
Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2695 v2 @ 2.40GHz
CPU cores  : 2 @ 2399.998 MHz
AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
RAM        : 2.4 GiB
Swap       : 2.5 GiB
Disk       : 41.7 GiB
Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
Kernel     : 5.10.0-23-amd64
VM Type    : KVM
IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
ISP        : Multacom Corporation
ASN        : AS35916 MULTACOM CORPORATION
Host       : Multacom Corporation
Location   : Piney Point Village, Texas (TX)
Country    : United States

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
  ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ---- 
Read       | 78.13 MB/s   (19.5k) | 1.09 GB/s    (17.1k)
Write      | 78.34 MB/s   (19.5k) | 1.10 GB/s    (17.2k)
Total      | 156.47 MB/s  (39.1k) | 2.19 GB/s    (34.3k)
           |                      |                     
Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
Read       | 1.18 GB/s     (2.3k) | 1.18 GB/s     (1.1k)
Write      | 1.24 GB/s     (2.4k) | 1.26 GB/s     (1.2k)
Total      | 2.43 GB/s     (4.7k) | 2.44 GB/s     (2.3k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
-----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 360 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 126 ms         
Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy            | 145 ms         
NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | busy            | busy            | 144 ms         
Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | 56.3 Mbits/sec  | 243 ms         
Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | busy            | busy            | 80.5 ms        
Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | busy            | busy            | 38.7 ms        
Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 901 Mbits/sec   | 891 Mbits/sec   | 0.615 ms       

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
Provider        | Location (Link)           | Send Speed      | Recv Speed      | Ping           
-----           | -----                     | ----            | ----            | ----           
Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | busy            | busy            | 126 ms         
Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 699 Mbits/sec   | 26.7 Mbits/sec  | 135 ms         
NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | busy            | busy            | 141 ms         
Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | busy            | 243 ms         
Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | busy            | busy            | 79.2 ms        
Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | busy            | busy            | 37.5 ms        
Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | busy            | 0.589 ms       

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
Test            | Value                         
                |                               
Single Core     | 462                           
Multi Core      | 841                           
Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/1864098

YABS completed in 24 min 12 sec
Tagged:

Comments

• Racknerd sells them for 25$ and 28$/y, you prob. should reduce your Price to something below including all fees to make it attractive for someone to buy.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @Neoon said:
    Racknerd sells them for 25$ and 28$/y, you prob. should reduce your Price to something below including all fees to make it attractive for someone to buy.

Are you interested? How much do you want to pay?
    My calculation was based on this: ((21.5÷365)×194 + 8)×1.07=20.79. I can drop the Paypal fee; maybe $18.

• @pkr - Do you argue over who must pay the extra penny when you split the dinner bill, too?

I have a Racknerd VPS with the same specs as yours, except it has a 2nd IP address for an additional $12 a year. I paid the $36 renewal fee this month. That VPS costs $24 a year without the extra IP. You are asking $18 for just over half a year. Your $18 is 3/4 of the full annual price. You are asking us to pay 3/4 of the full price for a transfer that is good for barely over half a year. If I buy directly from Racknerd, there are many benefits: No risk. No trust issues. No transfer hassles. The VPS is in the buyer's name from the start.

Your math may be valid and show exactly how it works out for you, but I do not care about your math. All I care about is the bottom line total: How much will it cost me for the ~half year of your transferred VPS? How much of a discount from that price will you offer me to assume the extra risks and hassles?

Since "far less than $12" is close to zero, I would keep the VPS in case you find a new use case for the idle VPS. Better yet, give it away to someone worthy. Invest in their future and the future of our community.

(In case someone takes it seriously, I nominate @Not_Oles, who is doing all kinds of interesting work and sharing it with others.)

• @xleet said:
    pkr - Do you argue over who must pay the extra penny when you split the dinner bill, too?

I have a Racknerd VPS with the same specs as yours, except it has a 2nd IP address for an additional $12 a year. I paid the $36 renewal fee this month. That VPS costs $24 a year without the extra IP. You are asking $18 for just over half a year. Your $18 is 3/4 of the full annual price. You are asking us to pay 3/4 of the full price for a transfer that is good for barely over half a year. If I buy directly from Racknerd, there are many benefits: No risk. No trust issues. No transfer hassles. The VPS is in the buyer's name from the start.

Your math may be valid and show exactly how it works out for you, but I do not care about your math. All I care about is the bottom line total: How much will it cost me for the ~half year of your transferred VPS? How much of a discount from that price will you offer me to assume the extra risks and hassles?

Since "far less than $12" is close to zero, I would keep the VPS in case you find a new use case for the idle VPS. Better yet, give it away to someone worthy. Invest in their future and the future of our community.

(In case someone takes it seriously, I nominate @Not_Oles, who is doing all kinds of interesting work and sharing it with others.)

Yo but that is a deal from the superb marketing purple daddy

Thanked by (1)xleet

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

Yo but that is a deal from the superb marketing purple daddy

Yes, but such deals happen with regularity. When I signed up about a year ago, I looked at several different offers and found one I liked. It was still active, even though newer offers were appearing that did not match my needs as well. My advice is to look at old offers that you like, and see if the links still work. Maybe, maybe not, but it worked for me. I believe I signed up for an offer from the previous Christmas holiday, even though it was in summer. If it does not work, then new deals appear with regularity.

New members should be warned that Dustin Cisneros, the CEO of Racknerd, was charged with felonies related to his previous work as an employee at a hosting-related company. I am not sure whether the case has reached its conclusion yet. The lawyers and prosecutors were meeting with the judge every few months. Dustin has said publicly that Racknerd will remain unaffected and independent of the ongoing court case. Over the year, he has been true to his word. My Racknerd VPS has run well in that time, so I renewed it.

Thanked by (1)Flying_Chinaman
  • @pkr said:

@Neoon said:
    Racknerd sells them for 25$ and 28$/y, you prob. should reduce your Price to something below including all fees to make it attractive for someone to buy.

Are you interested? How much do you want to pay?
    My calculation was based on this: ((21.5÷365)×194 + 8)×1.07=20.79. I can drop the Paypal fee; maybe $18.

I don't wanna buy it nor do I have an account with them.
    Just telling you, that the Price you want, is to high, given the offer is still available to buy for less.

• @pkr said:
    I want to transfer a RackNerd VPS with the following configurations. It's sitting idle for months and needs a new owner.

2x vCPU Cores
    45 GB PURE SSD Storage (RAID-10)
    2.5 GB RAM
    5000GB Monthly Premium Bandwidth
    1Gbps Public Network Port
    Full Root Admin Access
    1 Dedicated IPv4 Address
    Recurring price: 21.50 USD/yr

This VPS needs to be renewed on 1/21/2024. If you want to get this VPS, you need to pay $20 (VPS price + $8 transfer fee + Paypal fee) to me. This deal is better than current RackNerd deals.

#              Yet-Another-Bench-Script              #
    #                     v2023-04-23                    #
    # https://github.com/masonr/yet-another-bench-script #

Sun 09 Jul 2023 10:35:23 AM EDT

Basic System Information:
    Uptime     : 18 days, 9 hours, 37 minutes
    Processor  : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2695 v2 @ 2.40GHz
    CPU cores  : 2 @ 2399.998 MHz
    AES-NI     : ✔ Enabled
    VM-x/AMD-V : ❌ Disabled
    RAM        : 2.4 GiB
    Swap       : 2.5 GiB
    Disk       : 41.7 GiB
    Distro     : Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)
    Kernel     : 5.10.0-23-amd64
    VM Type    : KVM
    IPv4/IPv6  : ✔ Online / ✔ Online

IPv6 Network Information:
    ISP        : Multacom Corporation
    ASN        : AS35916 MULTACOM CORPORATION
    Host       : Multacom Corporation
    Location   : Piney Point Village, Texas (TX)
    Country    : United States

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
    Read       | 78.13 MB/s   (19.5k) | 1.09 GB/s    (17.1k)
    Write      | 78.34 MB/s   (19.5k) | 1.10 GB/s    (17.2k)
    Total      | 156.47 MB/s  (39.1k) | 2.19 GB/s    (34.3k)
               |                      |                     
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
    Read       | 1.18 GB/s     (2.3k) | 1.18 GB/s     (1.1k)
    Write      | 1.24 GB/s     (2.4k) | 1.26 GB/s     (1.2k)
    Total      | 2.43 GB/s     (4.7k) | 2.44 GB/s     (2.3k)

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv4):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | 360 Mbits/sec   | busy            | 126 ms         
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | busy            | busy            | 145 ms         
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | busy            | busy            | 144 ms         
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | 56.3 Mbits/sec  | 243 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | busy            | busy            | 80.5 ms        
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | busy            | busy            | 38.7 ms        
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | 901 Mbits/sec   | 891 Mbits/sec   | 0.615 ms       

iperf3 Network Speed Tests (IPv6):
    Clouvider       | London, UK (10G)          | busy            | busy            | 126 ms         
    Scaleway        | Paris, FR (10G)           | 699 Mbits/sec   | 26.7 Mbits/sec  | 135 ms         
    NovoServe       | North Holland, NL (40G)   | busy            | busy            | 141 ms         
    Uztelecom       | Tashkent, UZ (10G)        | busy            | busy            | 243 ms         
    Clouvider       | NYC, NY, US (10G)         | busy            | busy            | 79.2 ms        
    Clouvider       | Dallas, TX, US (10G)      | busy            | busy            | 37.5 ms        
    Clouvider       | Los Angeles, CA, US (10G) | busy            | busy            | 0.589 ms       

Geekbench 6 Benchmark Test:
    Test            | Value                         
                    |                               
    Single Core     | 462                           
    Multi Core      | 841                           
    Full Test       | https://browser.geekbench.com/v6/cpu/1864098

YABS completed in 24 min 12 sec

Price drop:
    The new price is $17 ($9 VPS + $8 transfer fee)

• In my opinion, the only reason that someone would consider @pkr's transfer offer is to capture the lower recurring price of renewal. You must amortize the extra cost of covering the transfer fee over the years that you intend to keep and use this VPS. You must also weigh the risks of a private deal compared with buying a VPS directly from Racknerd.

My comments above still apply. I have no more to say here.

Thanked by (1)pkr