What billing system are using and are you ready to pay for development of new one ?

Hi,

I am working at Bulgarian hosting company and we are using Hostbill for last couple of years for billing system, but it has a lot of bugs that we have to fight. Before that we have tried with Blesta and WHMCS, but with the same result. Could you please share what type you are using and if you think is reasonable to try to develop billing system on your own ? Thanks in advance for suggestions and advices !

Comments

• If every billing system you've tried has bugs, what makes you think that a new billing system you're developing won't have bugs?

I'm using Blesta and WHMCS, both are good and they're quick at fixing bugs. Also, both have many 3rd party integrations which is a bonus compared to other solutions.

Thanked by (3)RapToN yoursunny linveo
  • @Vlad75 said:
    Hi,

I am working at Bulgarian hosting company and we are using Hostbill for last couple of years for billing system, but it has a lot of bugs that we have to fight. Before that we have tried with Blesta and WHMCS, but with the same result. Could you please share what type you are using and if you think is reasonable to try to develop billing system on your own ? Thanks in advance for suggestions and advices !

Go for it. Finish the project and offer it as open source without bugs ;)

Dentistry is my passion

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    Thanked by (3)Chievo Jord bikegremlin

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Thanked by (3)FrankZ Jord bikegremlin

Dentistry is my passion

• Thank you for the mention :D

@Chievo said:

It is prem

Why thank you sir :D

Nothing is bug free; there will always be something that decides to break 4 years after you've built it; it's the nature of the beast. Billing is no joke when it comes to building a solution, it takes years to get right, and it's very complex sometimes if you need a lot of custom features. Then taxes are another headache, get that wrong and well might as well throw in the towel :joy: then all the APIs needed, PCI Compliance and so on.

I hope I haven't put you off building your own solution :D

BillingServ - Easy, simple, and hassle-free online invoicing solution. Contact us today.
    BaseServ Certified to ISO/IEC 27001:2013

• crunchbitscrunchbits Hosting Provider

@Jord said:

Thank you for the mention :D

@Chievo said:

It is prem

Nothing is bug free; there will always be something that decides to break 4 years after you've built it; it's the nature of the beast. Billing is no joke when it comes to building a solution, it takes years to get right, and it's very complex sometimes if you need a lot of custom features. Then taxes are another headache, get that wrong and well might as well throw in the towel :joy: then all the APIs needed, PCI Compliance and so on.

You have a billing software solution?

• @Jord said:

@Chievo said:

It is prem

For 12 euros monthly . 24 bulgarian leva not cost the work to develop once again the wheel

Dentistry is my passion

• edited August 2023

@crunchbits said:

@Jord said:

@Chievo said:

It is prem

You have a billing software solution?

Yes, and it's not for you. You are too prem and need that WHMCS FIX, oh wait ;)

BillingServ - Easy, simple, and hassle-free online invoicing solution. Contact us today.

• @Chievo said:

@Jord said:

@Chievo said:

It is prem

For 12 euros monthly . 24 bulgarian leva not cost the work to develop once again the wheel

Hey now, redeveloping the wheel is fun :joy:

Thanked by (1)Chievo

• @Jord said:

@Chievo said:

@Jord said:

@Chievo said:

It is prem

Hahahaha for 12 euros monthly meh. Go for your service ;) Better living without creating another solution. By the way which is harder hipaa or pci compliance???

Dentistry is my passion

• edited August 2023

@Chievo said:

@Jord said:

@Chievo said:

@Jord said:

@Chievo said:

It is prem

Hahahaha for 12 euros monthly meh. Go for your service ;) Better living without creating another solution. By the way which is harder hipaa or pci compliance???

Both equally shit, I do love a good SAQ questionnaire though, got to love those 450+ questions, hmmmmm.

Thanked by (1)Chievo

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Chievo said: For 12 euros monthly . 24 bulgarian leva not cost the work to develop once again the wheel

Thanked by (1)Chievo

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• RadiRadi Hosting ProviderOG

Hi,

Out of curiosity which host do you work for in Bulgaria?

Get some hosting at https://drserver.net .

• @Jord said:

@Chievo said:

@Jord said:

@Chievo said:

@Jord said:

@Chievo said:

It is prem

Both equally shit, I do love a good SAQ questionnaire though, got to love those 450+ questions, hmmmmm.

450 questions and old lady over you . Asking you the next question meanwhile a monkey is doing some acrobatic work in front of you ;)

Thanked by (1)Jord

Dentistry is my passion

• @Radi said:
    Hi,

cociu????

Dentistry is my passion

• RadiRadi Hosting ProviderOG

@Chievo said:

@Radi said:
    Hi,

cociu????

Doesn't seem like it, but there aren't much providers in Bulgaria using HostBill. I am genuinely curious.

Get some hosting at https://drserver.net .

• @Radi said:

@Chievo said:

@Radi said:
    Hi,

cociu????

Doesn't seem like it, but there aren't much providers in Bulgaria using HostBill. I am genuinely curious.

Fastcomet?

Dentistry is my passion

• @Radi said:

@Chievo said:

@Radi said:
    Hi,

cociu????

Byteopt . com it seems . Sofia

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Dentistry is my passion

• @Vlad75 said:
    Hi,

Currently using Upmind but thinking to switch to WHMCS. And also we are developing our own billing system but it will take much time because we don't have a big team. I suggest that its fine TO devlop own if you have huge customers or your needs are bigger otherwise its fine to stick with whmcs or any another.

• Every software has bugs, end of story.
    If you are unhappy, then go develop your own.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny covent
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@Vlad75 said:
    Hi,

What kinds of problems were you having with Blesta?
    As far as I can tell, unlike WHMCS, Blesta folks do listen to customers and solve reported problems every now and then.

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• I am still using WHMCS for over 10 years now. Can't switch. I am so used to it. If WHMAutoPilot were still around I would be using it. Unfortunately, times have changed. Boy do I miss the old days.

• My next one will be Clientexec and most probably will be live in the next two weeks.

Blesta just too much for my needs and the same for WHMCS. I just need it to create invoices and make small servers nothing more or less.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin Not_Oles

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @Neoon said:
    Every software has bugs, end of story.

Agree. Design, software or any form of creativity, all is relative and details are flawed from someone's perspective

• yokowasisyokowasis Services Provider

I develop my own billing system.

@Neoon said:
    Every software has bugs, end of story.

This is the reason. Even tough bug do appear, at least you know how to fix it.

• I delete the billing system and make everything free.
    No more bugs, no more headaches, no more chargebacks.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer
    edited August 2023
    Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• Ive been using hostbill for 3 years now and any bugs I've found have been fixed rather quickly after opening a ticket and reporting them. Admittedly reporting to their issue tracker form I didn't get a reply but after opening a ticket it was fixed in the next update and my ticket got refunded.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • I use Blesta and whmcs. Blesta is by far my favourite and I have less headaches with it

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin