WebHorizon's NAT VPS Services: Changes upcoming, Migration to HostBill!

Comments

• AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

Update

Singapore NAT services have been migrated successfully with all data.
    billing date and price adjustment are still pending.

Please control the service at New Portal now https://clients.natvps.net/clientarea/
    username is email id. kindly reset the password

edited August 2023

Thanks to everyone for the patience they have maintained!

All Services were Migrated Successfully :)

Please use New Portal to control your NAT service : https://clients.natvps.net (same email id, reset the password)

renewal date and price adjustment is pending, please allow us some time and don't make ticket about it.

It was a tough task to import these 3000+ VMs, there was no api support. would have been stuck forever had we not automated it using selenium. Thanks to our new guy Ayyub for the idea! =)

Thanked by (4)tototo FrankZ Ganonk Ayyub
  • @Abdullah said:

renewal date and price adjustment is pending, please allow us some time and don't make ticket about it.

I assume "price adjustment" means breaking servers out into individual services? Only thing I have is Legacy Services for $20/year presumably for all three servers and is more than I pay for them combined.

edited August 2023

@skorous said:

@Abdullah said:

I assume "price adjustment" means breaking servers out into individual services? Only thing I have is Legacy Services for $20/year presumably for all three servers and is more than I pay for them combined.

It means adjusting it according to the sum of prices of old services.

If your three old services cost $4, $5 and $6
    new price will be 4+5+6 = $15

• So what happens if I cancel one? Does it automatically recalibrate?

@skorous said:
    So what happens if I cancel one? Does it automatically recalibrate?

Create a ticket to cancel one & adjust renewal.
    That's how it will need to be done for these migrated services.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited August 2023

Curious how you are going to determine expiration date for the combined billing of legacy products ?
    It looks like you are moving towards resource pools for future plans.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @Abdullah said:

I can only find about half of my NAT services in the new panel :/

Thanked by (1)Abdullah

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• Hello! I have some questions.
    I have 3 nat vps in the old panel respectively in France, Japan and Switzerland. But originally the French migrated to the new panel, and now the new panel only shows French and Japanese machines, while the old panel only shows Japanese and Swiss machines, how is this? There is also whether the renewal price in the new panel behind is consistent with the original offer.

• @Abdullah said:
    Update

Please control the service at New Portal now https://clients.natvps.net/clientarea/

I can receive the email of reset link, but can't receive the email of password in the next step? :'(

• @hotsnow said:

@Abdullah said:
    Update

I can receive the email of reset link, but can't receive the email of password in the next step? :'(

I got mine after a few attempts.

• @nick_ said:

@hotsnow said:

@Abdullah said:
    Update

I got mine after a few attempts.

thanks, got it after another try :#

@Brueggus said:

@Abdullah said:

I can only find about half of my NAT services in the new panel :/

Fixed :)

edited August 2023

@gomi said:
    Hello! I have some questions.
    I have 3 nat vps in the old panel respectively in France, Japan and Switzerland. But originally the French migrated to the new panel, and now the new panel only shows French and Japanese machines, while the old panel only shows Japanese and Swiss machines, how is this? There is also whether the renewal price in the new panel behind is consistent with the original offer.

I just made a few changes. Please check now and Open a ticket incase issue persists.

renewal date and price adjustment is pending, please allow us some time.

• I tried to login to the new panel but it says my ip is banned for another 9 hours or so. I can understand that excessive users needs to get banned, but 9 hours is a hell of a long time to be locked out if you just mistyped a password.

It would take me less time to simply start a new account with another provider, buy some new vps's and install them from scratch than waiting 9 hours to get access to my account here.

@rcy026 said:
    I tried to login to the new panel but it says my ip is banned for another 9 hours or so. I can understand that excessive users needs to get banned, but 9 hours is a hell of a long time to be locked out if you just mistyped a password.

It would take me less time to simply start a new account with another provider, buy some new vps's and install them from scratch than waiting 9 hours to get access to my account here.

5 hour ban on 3 unsuccessful login attempts.

I recommend using the reset password function.

• @Abdullah said:

@rcy026 said:
    I tried to login to the new panel but it says my ip is banned for another 9 hours or so. I can understand that excessive users needs to get banned, but 9 hours is a hell of a long time to be locked out if you just mistyped a password.

I tried to login at 12.30 approximately, and it still says I am banned until 21:22:41 (It is 14:54 here now). That is not 5 hours.
    Anyway, 5 hours is still insane, 5 minutes is more than enough to thwart any brute force attempts.

It will take me about 15 minutes to move everything to a new provider instead, I'm not spending 5 hours waiting when it costs me a few bucks per year to get it going in minutes.

• @Abdullah said:

@rcy026 said:

I can confirm it is not a 5 hour ban.
    I switched my ip and triggered a new ban. Time is 15:04, and the page says "Ban Expires: 24/08/2023 23:34:17".

The reset password function does not seem to work, I've waited several hours but have still not received any email.

• @rcy026 said:

@Abdullah said:

@rcy026 said:

I switched my ip and triggered a new ban. Time is 15:04, and the page says "Ban Expires: 24/08/2023 23:34:17".

The reset password function does not seem to work, I've waited several hours but have still not received any email.

I wouldn't say it doesn't work - I got my response first try - but hotsnow and nick_ above apparently needed to make more than one attempt.

• @skorous said:

@rcy026 said:

@Abdullah said:

@rcy026 said:

I wouldn't say it doesn't work - I got my response first try - but hotsnow and nick_ above apparently needed to make more than one attempt.

I tried two times. I would try again, but I am banned until tomorrow so I cant.

Funny thing is I was logged in yesterday so I know the password worked then.

• @Abdullah Will Email hosting also be migrated to this panel? I have an active service, that's not shown in the new panel.. asking since it was part of the old one.

• @rcy026 said:

@skorous said:

@rcy026 said:

@Abdullah said:

@rcy026 said:

Had the same issue with Virmach too.

Changed my Password, got redirected to Clientarea.
    Logged out.
    Tried logging back in with my Password, I just wrote down.
    Doesn't work.

For some reason it works on a different browser.
    Maybe some Javascript shit.

• @sh97 said:
    @Abdullah Will Email hosting also be migrated to this panel? I have an active service, that's not shown in the new panel.. asking since it was is part of the old one.

To the best of my knowledge this is only NAT stuff. My web hosting, non-NAT VPS, and .... something else I forget all stayed in the old panel.

Thanked by (2)sh97 Abdullah

@rcy026 said:

@skorous said:

@rcy026 said:

@Abdullah said:

@rcy026 said:

Okay, I will check your issue first thing once I get to office tomorrow.

@sh97 said:
    @Abdullah Will Email hosting also be migrated to this panel? I have an active service, that's not shown in the new panel.. asking since it was part of the old one.

No, it's only for nat vps.

Thanked by (1)sh97
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Abdullah

@FrankZ said:
    Curious how you are going to determine expiration date for the combined billing of legacy products ?

Thanked by (1)Abdullah

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

edited August 2023

@FrankZ said:

I'll sum remaining days for each service divided by number of services to find average validity. Then add one month extra as compensation.

No it will be same as it has always been.

Legacy products had to be combined because that's how hostbill handled imports and they were unwilling to change it for us.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @Abdullah said:

@gomi said:
    Hello! I have some questions.

I just made a few changes. Please check now and Open a ticket incase issue persists.

renewal date and price adjustment is pending, please allow us some time.

thanks for reply! i had opened a ticket.

• I noticed the following limitations after the migration:

• No more domain forwarding via ipv4 (only ipv6 works)
    • no more unlimited traffic with reduced speeds (Machine is cut off after included bandwidth has been used)
    • All migrated services are merged to one billed entity (See calculations proposed above)
    • no more email notifications (support reply, bandwidth etc)

To sum it up: time to move on...

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited August 2023

IMO the billing schedule for my combined services was very fair. Actually not fair, but shaded in my favor. I'm not going to be one to complain about this change. Of course my use case is probably different from most folks, so no judgements on others who do not agree.

Thanked by (1)Abdullah