Help with new gaming PC build

2»

Comments

• @febryanvaldo said:

@somik said: Updated specs:

Maybe like this.

> PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HXVCbL
    > ...
    > CPU: Intel Core i5-13600K 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  ($317.99 @ Amazon) 
    > CPU Cooler: Thermalright Frost Spirit 140 V3 BLACK 77.8 CFM CPU Cooler  ($51.59 @ Amazon) 
    > Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-H GAMING WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($279.99 @ Amazon) 
    > Memory: G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL36 Memory  ($99.99 @ Newegg) 
    > Video Card: Zotac GAMING AMP AIRO GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card  ($619.99 @ B&H) 
    > Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($176.99 @ B&H) 
    > Total: $1546.54
    > ...
    > Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    > Generated by PCPartPicker 2023-09-02 08:01 EDT-0400
    > 

Btw, with regards to the specs you posted, may I ask the advantage of going with Intel over AMD?

My reasoning for going with AMD was because intel's latest gen runs hot and I thought I would have better compatibility with all AMD build with regards to the Resizable BAR support and stuff (not sure on this).

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• edited September 2023

@somik said: Btw, with regards to the specs you posted, may I ask the advantage of going with Intel over AMD?

For my knowledge, if your use case is specifically for gaming, then Intel + Nvidia is the way to go. The 13th Gen is pretty good for now, and about temperature, the 13600K or 13700K don't run as hot as their big brother (13900K). Dual tower CPU Cooler is enough for it, unless you are OC-ing the CPU.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin somik

📱: Samsung Galaxy | 💻: Windows 11

• @febryanvaldo said:

@somik said: Btw, with regards to the specs you posted, may I ask the advantage of going with Intel over AMD?

For my knowledge, if your use case is specifically for gaming, then Intel + Nvidia is the way to go. The 13th Gen is pretty good for now, and about temperature, the 13600K or 13700K don't run as hot as their big brother (13900K). Dual tower CPU Cooler is enough for it, unless you are OC-ing the CPU.

No, no OC, so might go with the non K (if it's much cheaper in my region).

My current setup is Intel + nVidia so I am a bit partial to this... Thanks for the recommendation and proposing a set of compatible parts!

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• edited September 2023

@somik said: No, no OC, so might go with the non K (if it's much cheaper in my region).

It's nice to be able to tweak it a little, so the "K" would be better for my opinion, it gives you flexibility to play with the CPU (if you know what i meant).

I'm planning to build a PC too, my AMD Ryzen 5 2400G already screaming to be upgraded. I may choose the Intel 13400F or 13500, as i just use it for light gaming (Skyrim + mods).

Thanked by (1)somik

📱: Samsung Galaxy | 💻: Windows 11