VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@vgood said:

@FrankZ said:

@vgood said: Until now there hasn't been any progress and solutions @VirMach for LAX2Z019

It died. I expect the data recovery got put off because of bigger fish to fry. It was also stated

If you have important data and/or would like a new service brought online in the time being, please contact us.

>
    @FrankZ
    thank you for helping answer. actually the last VPS was just installed OS and there wasn't any data yet, then the VPS was off and couldn't be used.
    I'm confused now, there are more menus for contacting @VirMach , even the request menu for moving nodes can't be used.
    I want to create a ticket, it always looks like the picture below, I'm confused

Generally if this occurs, you should not make a ticket and should check the network status page, but I've already reported this to our developer.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@King said:
    Hello, Los Angeles Vps inaccessible, showing Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received? Why are there no failure reports?

Our monitoring system is going crazy because of all the other stuff, I noticed LAX have an outage at Hivelocity for at least one server and it's on my queue but my queue is endless. I'll try to at least get it added to network status page soon.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • I can't pay an invoice, get this error:

Oops!
    Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.
    Please go back to the previous page and try again.

Is anyone faced it?

• NY location is now with RoyaleHosting , is this an upgrade on dedipath?

• @JoeMerit said:
    NY location is now with RoyaleHosting , is this an upgrade on dedipath?

I would say so, since they are operational and Dedipath is not.

• @tetech said:

@JoeMerit said:

I was asking more along the lines of their network stability/connectivity and ddos protection now with Royalehosting vs when Dedipath was in operation.

• my NYCB040 node is alive, but the old data is not restored. Will it be restored? I actually want to do a fresh OS install while we are at this stage, but will it interfere with the ongoing process (if any)?

Psychz strikes again.

Routing issue for DALZ009 and DALZ006 appear to be caused by Psychz announcing these recently again for some reason, they've been sending us a ton of IP address change and of course invoices several times a month, I am guessing their techs just announced these anyway because it was on some other change list they were making. Trying to have it resolved, these should technically be online as well, just a coincidence.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @Jab said:
    Damn you VirMach! Can you like have a bigger/longer outage so we can get +1 year for free on every VPS?!

I'd rather not take an extra year, but I want to spin the wheel for doubling the specs on my forever-free NVMe2G, but the chances shall be slightly in my favor after all the DeadPath stress.
    For example, 69% chance of doubling to NVMe4G, 31% chance of having the server deleted instantly.

Two other providers offered me NVMe2G or SSD2G with price match, both with working IPv6.
    Thus, having this IPv6less NVMe2G deleted at 31% chance is an acceptable risk.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @VirMach, so DALZ007 is good as it is? No I.P changes?

• @JoeMerit said:

@tetech said:

@JoeMerit said:

I was asking more along the lines of their network stability/connectivity and ddos protection now with Royalehosting vs when Dedipath was in operation.

Yes, ddos protection is functional and network routing is greatly improved.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach, so DALZ007 is good as it is? No I.P changes?

Temporarily. These are still included in the Dedipath migrations, but we were able to fix routing on it to allow more time to properly migrate them instead of loading in from backups. The backups are already also loaded in so we'll keep them there in case it faces issues again so it will be a quick switch over, but we may use the space for other customers .

We're going to refresh the backups for any node that did return online. All 47.87.xx.xx IP addresses will also be getting an IP change this month, we'll send out notifications soon.

Thanked by (3)tenpera FrankZ ZA_capetown
  • @yoursunny said:

@Jab said:
    Damn you VirMach! Can you like have a bigger/longer outage so we can get +1 year for free on every VPS?!

I'd rather not take an extra year, but I want to spin the wheel for doubling the specs on my forever-free NVMe2G, but the chances shall be slightly in my favor after all the DeadPath stress.
    For example, 69% chance of doubling to NVMe4G, 31% chance of having the server deleted instantly.

Two other providers offered me NVMe2G or SSD2G with price match, both with working IPv6.
    Thus, having this IPv6less NVMe2G deleted at 31% chance is an acceptable risk.

That seems like a good plan to ask for Black Friday and VirBot.
    My only grievance (#firstworldproblems, hehe jkjk) is this monthly payment plan we have and every damn month when I see New Invoice e-mail I am scared that I forgot to pay for something - make it yearly please as Christmas 🎁

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• I just want to drop an idle instance 3c,5g,50G at 30$.

• Did anyone get a service period extension for their VPSHARED service downtime?

@Virmach please check ticket #804874

General more detailed update on everything else, overdue from the other day.

Flexential:

Dallas still has two servers with routing issues, for whatever reason they're announced with Psychz now and perfectly timed to set off a false alarm. Otherwise everything is up. Atlanta is up except for ATLZ002, which we've already migrated to NYC from backups and just need to load them in and change IP addresses. This will likely happen tonight or tomorrow morning. Denver is back up, half the people on DENZ002 were already loaded in from backups and will stay there.

I have a meeting with them tomorrow afternoon, I believe. It doesn't seem like they're going to be powering anything down and I'll speak with them to see if we can make it work to stay there. Otherwise if the deal falls through for Dallas, we wanted to go with DataPacket but that didn't really pan out well. They do not have any cabinets we can rent and would want us to go into their shared per-unit hosting and won't really help with anything. Atlanta could fully be moved to NYC, as we do not have any other plans outside of Flexential, and Denver will likely be closed out in any case as we never fully moved forward (less than 250 virtual servers left.) Unless Flexential comes back with a sweet deal which is unlikely.

We're exploring sending in 2 to 4 additional servers to QuadraNet Chicago, in case we need to move Dallas, or securing other colocation in Dallas as we'd like to keep this location. I'll have more information after the call with Flexential.

Sabey:

Seattle is not looking good. We do have backups, but they're the oldest of the bunch as there was apparently some internal miscommunication. This was already added to the pop-up for this location but you may not have seen it as the timeout appears to affect it. In any case, we'll likely also split this off into its own network status and communicate more information there.

Sabey pulled down the servers pretty quickly and it's been radio silence from them. This is likely going to end up in a game of trying to get our equipment back that's going to drag out so we may move forward as if the location is being retired.

As everything settles down a little bit, I plan on taking replacement servers to QuadraNet LAX, hopefully by today, and we'll begin loading in from backups. This might be slightly delayed as we want to load in people into new IPv4 addresses to avoid more grief or confusion when it has to be changed again later this month.

Evocative:

San Jose seems to be moving forward. Most of San Jose was IPv4 we still had from Dedipath so they lost connectivity, but the single server left over with our IP space also went down shortly after, and I'm not getting much communication from them. We do have a contract signed and they are worked on provisioning and giving back our equipment so I'd say we are not too far off from that happening. We will likely decide to just wait in this case, because if we move people away and load in from backups it will be a confusing move back. We'll most likely update the network status page tracking this more closely and may add a button somewhere for anyone who does not want to wait to get provisioned in any first-available location with maybe the possibility of backups loaded in or try to set up a staging area to quickly be able to send out preserved data to anyone who requests it. This isn't yet set up so you'll have to wait for network status update. NYC is pretty much done, we're just waiting for them to fix networking for the storage server at this time.

@Rero said:
    I can't pay an invoice, get this error:

Oops!
    Something went wrong and we couldn't process your request.
    Please go back to the previous page and try again.

Is anyone faced it?

We're starting to get some reports, what payment method?

• Aww crap! Here comes LAX from SEA. :'( Waits impatiently until a migration becomes possible..

Yer getting there @Virmach; you must be seeing some light at the end of this particular tunnel?

Thanked by (1)skorous

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Aww crap! Here comes LAX from SEA. :'( Waits impatiently until a migration becomes possible..

Yer getting there @Virmach; you must be seeing some light at the end of this particular tunnel?

whenever he sees light, another meteor hits again

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @VirMach said:

Generally if this occurs, you should not make a ticket and should check the network status page, but I've already reported this to our developer.

@VirMach
    I've tried doing this several times by trying to change internet providers but I can't submit a ticket. please check my DM on this forum.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2023

I received an email from Virmach saying my Denver VM was migrating , but my Denver VM just sent me this video.
    I am confused now.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• I can't pay an invoice, get this error:

» show previous quotes

Is anyone faced it?

We're starting to get some reports, what payment method?

Crypto

• I love my Denver VM, would rather it go to Phoenix than LA!

Thanked by (2)yoursunny ZA_capetown
  • Sad if SEA goes away but I'm not placing blame. It's a crap situation. DEN was a nice unique location, so really was hoping that would stick around but mine is being migrated also. Sounds like I'm going to have to shed quite a few servers at renewal, since I don't need 10-15 at the same location.

• edited September 2023

@rpollestad said:
    Sad if SEA goes away but I'm not placing blame. It's a crap situation. DEN was a nice unique location, so really was hoping that would stick around but mine is being migrated also. Sounds like I'm going to have to shed quite a few servers at renewal, since I don't need 10-15 at the same location.

I'm hoping we get some kind of migration options again after this is all said and done, I'm definitely going to end up with more in LAX than I need and wouldn't mind paying a migration fee to shuffle things around.

• any update with storage servers?

node is locked right now on whmcs.

• @dedicados said:
    any update with storage servers?

My servers came back up a few hours ago. Haven't checked the consoles but the servers are online.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @skorous said:

@dedicados said:

My servers came back up a few hours ago. Haven't checked the consoles but the servers are online.

mine not yet. i will wait a little more.

thanks

• @dedicados said:

@skorous said:

@dedicados said:

mine not yet. i will wait a little more.

thanks

Just in case, I think I have one that is still down. I thought it was in LAX but since I can't see the console and the one I know is in LAX I can I'm guessing it's in NYJ and just hasn't come up yet.

• edited September 2023

@VirMach My vps has moved from NY to LA due to the whole dedipath ordeal.
    I use mine as a personal proxy server. LA has very high ping for me! honestly it is unusable for my case!
    any chance you could move it back to NY or even Europe would be better!
    if it is doable, I can make a ticket!

• @cyforex said:
    @VirMach My vps has moved from NY to LA due to the whole dedipath ordeal.
    I use mine as a personal proxy server. LA has very high ping for me! honestly it is unusable for my case!
    any chance you could move it back to NY or even Europe would be better!
    if it is doable, I can make a ticket!

Not be accusatory, but just in case - how do you know it moved to LA? Email or ... ?