VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @cyforex -
    What node does it show in the billing panel ?
    What is your IP number ? Show it like this 46.233.45.xx

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

Looks like I missed a call with Sabey yesterday but they reached out again and we're getting the ball rolling with that location as well. Their directory of leasing was very nice and he's also going to look into trying to get everything powered back on for us.

The Flexential meeting got pushed up to Monday, and Evocative another meeting Monday as well.

• htop shows that I have 4 core VPS.

But when I run command cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -i processor | wc -l then the output is 8

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -i processor | wc -l

Is this command showing that there are 4 cores and 2 threads per core so total 8 threads?

• @lesuser said:
    htop shows that I have 4 core VPS.

But when I run command cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -i processor | wc -l then the output is 8

$ cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -i processor | wc -l

Is this command showing that there are 4 cores and 2 threads per core so total 8 threads?

Take the 'wc -l' off the end ( you're just counting the number of lines ) or add a ^ to your grep to get an accurate accounting.

[root@chiron ~]# cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -i processor
    processor : 0
    model name : AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor
    processor : 1
    processor : 2

[root@chiron ~]# cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep -i ^processor
    processor : 0
    processor : 1
    processor : 2

Thanked by (2)lesuser FrankZ

Sabey called again, they sent someone in to check on everything and they did not power it off. There's a lot of moving parts on their end as well as they've been busy this week as a result of what happened, so they're going to get back to us on Monday but I'm pretty confident that they are actually trying their best to help out.

I'm going to see if there's any routing issues here as well similar to what happened with Psychz randomly announcing our space, but otherwise it could just be a case of the switch giving out. RPKI does look valid though.

I will say though that they've definitely done a complete 180 in my head, they're really nice people just seems like they were swamped with requests. The guy that called even had everything already pulled up even though I didn't specifically mention our original email to them and was just trying to figure out if they'd even sell us space (I contacted multiple departments.) He's also assisting us in contacting carriers to speed that along since the do not provide their own blend. It may be worth it holding off on this location as well until they get it going, and we maybe focus on seeing if we can put something together where San Jose and Seattle customers can request to load in sooner from backups and permanently leave their old service behind (as an option.)

• @VirMach said: are actually trying their best to help out.

WHAT KIND OF SORCERY IS THAT?!

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @VirMach, so Seattle is not moving to L.A, right?

• @tenpera said:
    @VirMach, so Seattle is not moving to L.A, right?

I like your optimism in making a declarative permanent statement.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FrankZ
  • I quite liked Seattle and hope it works out with Sabey. I don't at all mind losing backups or changing IP; I can easily reinstall from ansible.

• edited September 2023

@VirMach said: .. really nice people just seems like they were swamped with requests.

Kindred spirits?

Yay for SEA ! :D

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• Something happened to NYCB030 as my VPS has become very slow. SSH is unresponsive. May be some network problem?
    The other NYCB043 is fine.

• lesuserlesuser OG
    edited September 2023

Now NYCB043 is also down. My site on NYCB030 is slow but working fine but cannot SSH. Rebooted machine but same problem. This is what I see from VNC.

• NYCB028 is up. For now :P

• @VirMach give us your phone number. We missed you and wanna have romantic chat :)

Thanked by (1)Ganonk
  • @ehab said:
    @VirMach give us your phone number. We missed you and wanna have romantic chat :)

1 (800) VPS 2176

Thanked by (1)Ganonk

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• edited September 2023

@Jab said:

@ehab said:
    @VirMach give us your phone number. We missed you and wanna have romantic chat :)

1 (800) VPS 2176

i will not call that guy again.
    he made me cry.

Thanked by (3)FAT32 VirMach chimichurri
  • DE & AMD DDoS protection when?

• @lesuser said:
    Now NYCB043 is also down. My site on NYCB030 is slow but working fine but cannot SSH. Rebooted machine but same problem. This is what I see from VNC.

Is this a DDOS attack?

• Looks like outbound to port 123 which is Network Time Protocol (NTP), used for time synchronization. Being blocked by your fire wall. I can't tell anything else from that screen shot.

Thanked by (1)lesuser

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @skorous said:

@cyforex said:
    @VirMach My vps has moved from NY to LA due to the whole dedipath ordeal.
    I use mine as a personal proxy server. LA has very high ping for me! honestly it is unusable for my case!
    any chance you could move it back to NY or even Europe would be better!
    if it is doable, I can make a ticket!

Not be accusatory, but just in case - how do you know it moved to LA? Email or ... ?

@FrankZ said:
    @cyforex -
    What node does it show in the billing panel ?
    What is your IP number ? Show it like this 46.233.45.xx

My bad, the problem is solved today! my ping is now normal.

No I didn't receive any emails or anything I just used ping.pe to test my ping which was high almost all over US and I assumed they have moved to LA, but now is normal.

• edited September 2023

So, I have this 'BF-SPECIAL-2020' server that is due in a week. It was previously a three-thread Xeon processor, but was migrated to a Ryzen with the same thread count. I really want to renew this for another year at approximately $30, but virmach only accepts cryptocurrency in BTC. Given the current mempool, the transaction fees will nearly double the cost. Should I renew it anyway, or should I let it lapse?

P.S virmach pls add more cryptocurrency payments other than btc

You probably saw me somewhere...

• @Zreind said:
    DE & AMD DDoS protection when?

Probably never, xTom doesn't really have the resources for that.

• @fluttershy said:

@Zreind said:

Probably never, xTom doesn't really have the resources for that.

Ehh. I tired of getting null-routed. I can't even access my server while attack is already stopped.

• @ricANNArdo said:
    Given the current mempool, the transaction fees will nearly double the cost. Should I renew it anyway, or should I let it lapse?

If the transaction fees are almost doubling the cost of a three core machine then I'm guessing it's a pretty good deal. If Renee it anyway but that's just me.

edited September 2023

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach, so Seattle is not moving to L.A, right?

@ricANNArdo said:
    So, I have this 'BF-SPECIAL-2020' server that is due in a week. It was previously a three-thread Xeon processor, but was migrated to a Ryzen with the same thread count. I really want to renew this for another year at approximately $30, but virmach only accepts cryptocurrency in BTC. Given the current mempool, the transaction fees will nearly double the cost. Should I renew it anyway, or should I let it lapse?

Our Coinbase payment gateway broke and due to how it was coded it was breaking other parts of the website. We got rid of it for now, we're looking into developing another module ourselves and figuring out what's going on with it in development mode elsewhere.

That's going to be our internal procedure for dealing with anyone reporting attacks or if they get nullrouted by attacks, moving them to NYC.

@Zreind said:

Basically move to NYC if you need any serious protection. We're not advertising it as such but it's the only location with very good protection.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AlwaysSkint
  • @VirMach, SEAZ002 is not powered on, still waiting or move to L.A?

• @VirMach, SEAZ002 is not powered on, still waiting or move to L.A?

Nothing in Seattle is powered on.

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach, SEAZ002 is not powered on, still waiting or move to L.A?

Instructions added to network status page. Follow them exactly based on whether you want to move to LAX or not, we'll start processing these in batches every few hours. Additional note, anyone in the first few batches will move to 47.87.xx.xx IP addresses which we know here will be getting an IP change again by September 30th.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
    edited September 2023

Keep in mind I'm personally rejecting every person's request if they already sent in tickets ignoring the network status page in the past. So if you get rejected either you entered it wrong or you didn't previously follow ticket etiquette during high volume of tickets.

This is extra work we're doing to accommodate any customers who patiently waited for updates.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ