VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

IPv4 change tickets should be wrapping up sending now, had a few issues but hopefully I did a good job in fixing them and not sending that many duplicates or missing any. Atlanta was excluded for now since we're not done with that location yet/announcement, same with Seattle or any Dedipath locations already handled in some other way.

Thanked by (3)FAT32 sh97 bakageta
  • JabJab
    edited September 2023

I got only one e-mail, I am shocked.
    But seems like rest (Amsterdam/Frankfurt mostly) is not using Alibaba anymore :D

EDIT: On top of that I just realized that e-mail is for service I am gonna drop because after migration it got price adjusted 10x (-:

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

@Jab said:
    I got only one e-mail, I am shocked.
    But seems like rest (Amsterdam/Frankfurt mostly) is not using Alibaba anymore :D

EDIT: On top of that I just realized that e-mail is for service I am gonna drop because after migration it got price adjusted 10x (-:

Create ticket for any incorrect price adjustments. They happen in certain situations where the system didn't properly do the change.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • ______ OG
    edited September 2023

Well... Let's talk about the possibility of migrating to another location after emergency migration, especially for DEN clients.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

san joseeeeeeeeee

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @VirMach said:

@bakageta said:
    Speaking of transfers, did anyone end up with a large storage VPs in LA that they want to part with? I could use like 2-4tb if anyone decided it's not a good fit for them. Probably a long shot, I don't know how many other people bought these big plans, but still worth a shot.

What pricing are you looking for? I can probably generate it for you.

$7

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2023

@cybertech said:
    san joseeeeeeeeee

For some reason I expect San Jose to be up and running by the middle of the week when the DC fixes the switch configuration. Not saying Monday or Tuesday because DC hands seem to be the slowest thing know to man.

Thanked by (2)nightcat Wonder_Woman

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

@FrankZ said:

@cybertech said:
    san joseeeeeeeeee

For some reason I expect San Jose to be up and running by the middle of the week when the DC fixes the switch configuration. Not saying Monday or Tuesday because DC hands seem to be the slowest thing know to man.

For some reason I did as well. Nope, waiting almost 2 days for them to respond to us basically. They did reply on Saturday and asked for... MTR. And they did say they fixed it like on Thursday or whenever that was as well. Some of the blocks still only reach Vultr, NetActuate, CloudSigma, and Softlayer (not even Google DNS.) Others reach Google, NetActuate, Online.net, CloudSigma, MHOST, Vultr, Tencent, Aliyun, China Telecom. But that's it, even though it's all correct, it's getting low visibility, filtered, most likely related to their edge router in SJC.

I barely have any experience with this company so far, but I will say it seems like usually when they do not reply, they're working on it and waiting on someone else. Fingers crossed for Monday morning.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Wonder_Woman

Some good news for customers in China though, I don't knw what it will actually end up looking like but right now it's 155 ping and 0% loss to Shanghai Aliyum, 138 ping and 1% loss to Zhejiang China Telecom, 139 ping and 0% loss to Jiangsu China Telecom.

Comparing that with xTom San Jose which we couldn't afford, this is the closest I've seen any other network get to that. Where it gets really close is with China Telecom Zheijiang: 135 (xTom) versus 138 (Evocative.) For comparison, LAX Hivelocity to this one is 158 and QuadraNet is 147 right now. And I've never seen this happen but at least for right now, xTom to Aliyun Beijing is 160 while San Jose Evocative is 156. All the other routes it has to Chin right now though aren't great and the issue probably needs to be resolved to see the real numbers for them.

It also beats out everyone to Vultr Sydney, only 145 ping versus 150-182.

And probably my favorite, 140ms to Amsterdam Online.net

• edited September 2023

@VirMach said:

God, virmach didn’t forget his Chinese customers. Jesus shed tears after hearing this Let me guess, is virmach ready to take action against his Chinese customers again? =)

• Not sure if this was answered before.

⚠️Seattle: We are waiting for an update from the datacenter partner on restoring services.

If I have already raised a migration request to NYC, what happens? Will service be restored on SEA or migrated to NYC?

• @KuYeHQ said:

@VirMach said:

God, virmach didn’t forget his Chinese customers. Jesus shed tears after hearing this Let me guess, is virmach ready to take action against his Chinese customers again? =)

What are you on about?

• Holy balls I got response to my ticket within few hours.

It wasn't even AUTO generated ticket because nothing from those selection boxes fitted my selection (-:

• @VirMach said:

@Alvinl said:
    any update on PHXZ002? it's down before the migration i think

If your individual VPS was down before the move/status updates, then you wouldn't get a personal update for your individual VPS and would likely have to open a ticket if nothing else works.

Thank you for your efforts, it says node locked so I can wait longer and wait for you to finish other busniesses.

• @Jab said: Holy balls I got response to my ticket within few hours.

It wasn't even AUTO generated ticket because nothing from those selection boxes fitted my selection (-:

You spent your luck quota for another 5 years and for what? What a waste, what a waste ... :/

Thanked by (3)FrankZ VirMach someTom
  • @Mumbly said: You spent your luck quota for another 5 years and for what? What a waste, what a waste ...

Rude!
    It's now normal to get a ticket response within few hours.

Right?

RIGHT?

• @Jab said:

@Mumbly said: You spent your luck quota for another 5 years and for what? What a waste, what a waste ...

Rude!
    It's now normal to get a ticket response within few hours.

Right?

RIGHT?

Thanked by (2)FrankZ lesuser
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2023

Just as a FYI for any of you who had a VM that was expiring in the middle of September, that you had previously cancelled. The VM removal cron script does nor appear to be running, maybe because Virmach turned it off, maybe because it does not run when a node is locked. The suspension for non payment cron does run however. So you may notice that these expired VMs are now suspended because you did not pay the invoice, that was not generated because there was an outstanding cancellation request. I don't expect this to be a problem and I expect it will get cleaned up directly eventually.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• ^ sounds like SolusVM feature.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• DALZ007 Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received
    DANZ001 The node is currently locked
    SEAZ002 The node is currently locked
    Priority Queue [SEA] Migrate Immediately to [LAX] nothing happening.

• @tenpera said:
    DALZ007 Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

Maybe if you keep posting the same thing every day for another week it'll start working.

@soulchief said:

@tenpera said:
    DALZ007 Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

Maybe if you keep posting the same thing every day for another week it'll start working.

To be fair he does switch it up a bit but I still don't get it, like ignores all our updates here and on network status page, and then coming here to post asking for an update that was already discussed like I can do anything special about it and wasn't aware.

• I am more interested what is DANZ001 - where did VirMach migrated servers that I've missed.

A few more back and forths and it looks like San Jose is fixed, looking at it now and doing IPv4 changes.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

san joseeeeeeeeee

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @Jab said:
    I am more interested what is DANZ001 - where did VirMach migrated servers that I've missed.

Thanked by (2)dgc1980 FrankZ
  • @storm I hope it comes with cheap energy - then I can fully understand the decision!

• @VirMach said:
    A few more back and forths and it looks like San Jose is fixed, looking at it now and doing IPv4 changes.

One San Jose box is back up. By the way: DHCP FTW! Beats messing around restoring the networking, it works perfectly.

• @FrankZ said:
    Hi @nutjob long time no see. I hope you are doing well. :)

Hi Frank, I'm doing fine, thanks for asking. Hope you're keeping everyone in line here. Keep cracking that whip!