VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@skorous said:
    @Virmach: For machines that used to have more than one IP address but are now only allocated one is this a ticket occasion? It's not an issue for me as I wasn't currently using it but wanted to make sure there wasn't an automatic process which was going to follow up if I did nothing.

That shouldn't have happened using our scripts, it specifically adds in same number you used to have but it's possible in a rare case if it ran out that you only got one, in which case yeah you'd contact us. Just wait until a little bit later if possible.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ skorous ZA_capetown
  • @VirMach said:

@skorous said:
    @Virmach: For machines that used to have more than one IP address but are now only allocated one is this a ticket occasion? It's not an issue for me as I wasn't currently using it but wanted to make sure there wasn't an automatic process which was going to follow up if I did nothing.

That shouldn't have happened using our scripts, it specifically adds in same number you used to have but it's possible in a rare case if it ran out that you only got one, in which case yeah you'd contact us. Just wait until a little bit later if possible.

Rats, hoped you hadn't noticed me. As I edited the original post, I'm just dumb today. Sorry to bother.

• JabJab
    edited September 2023

FFME002.VIRM.AC seems to died like 15 minutes ago.
    No ping on virmach status thing, no ping on my VM, panel not loading details - timeout.
    VNC says Failed to connect to server (code: 1011, reason: Failed to connect to downstream server)

Sad times -:(

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

@Jab said:
    FFME002.VIRM.AC seems to died like 15 minutes ago.
    No ping on virmach status thing, no ping on my VM, panel not loading details - timeout.
    VNC says Failed to connect to server (code: 1011, reason: Failed to connect to downstream server)

Sad times -:(

Lalalalala can't hear you. Ughh

Thanked by (3)FrankZ Jab AlwaysSkint
  • JabJab
    edited September 2023

We back!

Uptime 20 minutes. My VM is back and working. If that was disk that wasn't mine disk and I am very sorry for rest of you!

Thanks VirMach team.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

@Jab said:

We back!

Uptime 20 minutes. My VM is back and working. If that was disk that wasn't mine disk and I am very sorry for rest of you!

Thanks VirMach team.

It'll always have a bump up like that, when it reboots since it's booting up like probably 100+ entire operating systems. The actual crash is before that bump. It was at only 14 load, 49% CPU, 82GB active memory. I haven't looked into it yet but I figured I'd just reboot it since it didn't look like any major errors.

Thanked by (2)Caxen AlwaysSkint
  • Hello, when will the push order start processing?

• Push orders can take from days to weeks depending on what is going on.
    Push orders are the lowest priority ticket.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

Okay I just finished racking Seattle replacement servers in LAX. Warning -- graphic photo, kind of... Just putting spoiler tags for anyone who doesn't want to see it, click at your own risk. I forgot to take an actual photo after I was done, but it's pretty funny this happened in like the first 5 minutes there.

No uplink though, waiting on DC to diagnose.

• edited September 2023

vir vir is busy
    i like vir vir when he is busy
    vir vir is making our vir's more u know virrrr

Thanked by (1)lesuser
  • @VirMach i didn't see your hand before i posted last.

take care

and don't cut something else.

:)

• @VirMach said:
    Okay I just finished racking Seattle replacement servers in LAX. Warning -- graphic photo, kind of... Just putting spoiler tags for anyone who doesn't want to see it, click at your own risk. I forgot to take an actual photo after I was done, but it's pretty funny this happened in like the first 5 minutes there.

Take care :(

• @VirMach said: Warning -- graphic photo, kind of...

Ya see! We told ya not to force us from SEA to LAX. Jinxed, I tell ya, jinxed.

Thanked by (1)someTom

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @VirMach said:

Take care boss!

This reminds me the time I managed my supervisor's HPC lab

• @VirMach since HW is racked.
    Can we expect a reincarnation of Seattle this week?

• @Neoon said:
    @VirMach since HW is racked.
    Can we expect a reincarnation of Seattle this week?

In Los Angeles yeah

• take care , sir

• @VirMach said:

@VirMach is literally giving his blood for his customers. Wait... was that a suicide attempt?

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • This is just virmach teasing us that the next sale will be bloody good.

• Does anyone know what the status of Dallas is? I've sort of lost track.

• @nutjob said:
    Does anyone know what the status of Dallas is? I've sort of lost track.

Doesn't exist as an option any more. For everything they had a backup of, it has already been moved to NYC and is functioning there (with new IP etc.). For a couple of nodes, the VM backups failed so they've done nothing with those ones until they get the actual node hardware returned from the DC, then presumably those ones will be moved to NYC as well - no timeline given for this.

• @Virmach how is Atlanta doing?

• @JoeMerit said:
    @Virmach how is Atlanta doing?

I hope Miami migration anytime soon xD

• @risturiz said:

@JoeMerit said:
    @Virmach how is Atlanta doing?

I hope Miami migration anytime soon xD

I'd prefer it going to NYC actually. Get decent DDOS protection.

• edited September 2023

@Virmach Any idea when Atlanta will be operational? I'm not sure what node I'm on but I've just realized that my VPS is down and not accessible through control panel. I read the status page but still don't fully understand, can I expect it to work at least by September 30/October 1? Will IP change again?

• @tetech said:

@nutjob said:

Doesn't exist as an option any more. For everything they had a backup of, it has already been moved to NYC and is functioning there (with new IP etc.). For a couple of nodes, the VM backups failed so they've done nothing with those ones until they get the actual node hardware returned from the DC, then presumably those ones will be moved to NYC as well - no timeline given for this.

@VirMach Is there an option to move Dallas servers to NYC without restoring a backup?

• @tetech said:

@nutjob said:

Can we go to DC and grab the server out? B)

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• LAXA018 is down again.

Could you make more permanent solution to this node @VirMach?

Thanked by (1)Caxen
  • Any progress on TYOC038?

• @VirMach said:

Man that sucks!