VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @lesuser said: Man that sucks!

Sucks what?

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@lesuser said: Man that sucks!

Sucks what?

his hand/the accident

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

NYCB027 is being loaded back into NYC, and will then be turned into LAX1Z013 and used for SEAZ009 and part of SEAZ007.

LAX1Z017 is getting prepared, and it will receive backups for SEAZ004 and part of SEAZ010.
    LAX1Z016, LAX1Z015, LAX1Z014, and LAX1Z012 are waiting on DC.

Thanked by (3)ZA_capetown FrankZ nyamenk
  • @VirMach, so SEAZ002 will go into one of LAX1Z016, LAX1Z015, LAX1Z014, and LAX1Z012?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2023

Anybody else that was migrated from Denver to LAXA007 still waiting on a new IPv4 assignment ?
    I just want to make sure I am not the only one.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Denver -> Laxa025 still waiting on new IPv4

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @miOw said:
    @Virmach Any idea when Atlanta will be operational? I'm not sure what node I'm on but I've just realized that my VPS is down and not accessible through control panel. I read the status page but still don't fully understand, can I expect it to work at least by September 30/October 1? Will IP change again?

@VirMach ?

@miOw said:

@miOw said:
    @Virmach Any idea when Atlanta will be operational? I'm not sure what node I'm on but I've just realized that my VPS is down and not accessible through control panel. I read the status page but still don't fully understand, can I expect it to work at least by September 30/October 1? Will IP change again?

@VirMach ?

Flexential has been waiting on the same guy to do nothing for about a month now. No update.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ miOw
  • any estimation for Seattle and Dallas?

• @FrankZ said:
    Anybody else that was migrated from Denver to LAXA007 still waiting on a new IPv4 assignment ?
    I just want to make sure I am not the only one.

same as you, it seem looks like Virmach has forgotten about it

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • after more than a month LAX2Z019 off
    now followed by RYZE.LAX-Z0016.VMS off
    everything is connected: Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received
    who knows what with @VirMach even though if there is a problem with the VPS, you can just move it to another, better node. as long as the problem is not resolved, new problems come again.
    Be patient. and be patient again... I don't know how long we have to be patient

• I must say that all my VMs are working.

LAX, FF, NYC, SJ, PHX.

Not the best but works! Good job @VirMach

• @Fritz said:
    I must say that all my VMs are working.

LAX, FF, NYC, SJ, PHX.

You've done well. For me, LAX not working, DFW not working, SEA not working, ATL not working. My patience, which is pretty good, has expired.

• @tetech said:

@Fritz said:
    I must say that all my VMs are working.

LAX, FF, NYC, SJ, PHX.

You've done well. For me, LAX not working, DFW not working, SEA not working, ATL not working. My patience, which is pretty good, has expired.

Ouch!! Hope it gets better soon for you.

• I have some vps in LAX not working. "Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds" so unable to get into CP.

@tuc said:
    I have some vps in LAX not working. "Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds" so unable to get into CP.

QuadraNet afternoon support guy mistook our request for the wrong cabinet so it caused some outages. Since the names were similar I assumed at a glance it was the new nodes flapping as well, I figured I just got the naming wrong or something as I saw them go down right when the new cabinet was being worked on. The title is literally "New Cabinet" with the correct service selected but whatever, this guy that did that also just apparently was probably asked to stop since our trusty guy that does everything took over.

The two that were stuck are now fixed. RU18 waiting for hands request (that's another issue)

Thanked by (1)tuc
  • @VirMach said:

@miOw said:

@miOw said:

@VirMach ?

Flexential has been waiting on the same guy to do nothing for about a month now. No update.

Any chance I could get a backup/snapshot to run my stuff on another VPS in the meantime?

• Update 9/28 -- Atlanta will attempt to be deployed today. The datacenter has finally released equipment and we have a tech en-route. In the best case scenario, this still likely means services will begin returning online 09/29, and there may be other delays related to IPv4 assignments, or other unforeseen delays.

Seattle Update 9/28 -- These are being loaded into new Los Angeles servers now.

big day today

Thanked by (1)miOw
  • edited September 2023

Hey, where is the flash sale of this year?
    None until black Friday? What a pity.

Advocates of vir love flash sale, and I love the the advocates.

MicroLXC is lovable.

Some more specific updates for you guys.

Atlanta - Tech landed in Atlanta and will be driving to the facility shortly. We'll see what happens after that. I'm honestly very cynical about it right now and expect Flex to throw a bunch of obstacles. They did only begin asking about networking yesterday outside of the network drop, so it's possible for a delay there. I definitely hope they don't do a 180 on the fact that equipment has been released. A lot of what they said in the past that was in one state was essentially them trying to act like it was ready sooner than it was so it's best we're all prepared for additional disappointment as that's the only thing that's been a guarantee so far.

NYCB027 - This is being loaded into NYCB017 still. The transfer is not going perfectly, so it could potentially mean additional issues trying to get everyone going. This also means at least one of the two servers is acting strangely which could mean either people loaded in from Seattle could experience some issues or people being loaded into NYCB017. Of course it sucks to go from one outage into possibly another, so if anyone prefers the alternative, we can also delay bringing the service back online further so once it goes up it's nice and cozy.

LAX2Z019 - This is still on our workbench. It couldn't make it to the last batch dropped off at LAX QuadraNet but I plan on going soon. Keep in mind soon means soon, so it depends on everything else going smoothly for it to actually be soon.

AMSD030 and TYOC038 - As soon as I confirm Atlanta isn't running into major issues that will require a lot of back and forth communication or other efforts on my end that can easily waste away the entire day, we'll proceed with emergency maintenance on these. It's possible it could get worse before better, so that's why I need to make sure I can at least allocate several hours to these. Of course it could also go smoothly and we'll look silly for not doing it sooner. So worst-case scenario it could mean a small portion of services being down escalates to all of them being down.

Seattle - About 75% of the servers are actively being loaded in right now and the other 25% are waiting on NYCB027 being moved off and some old data being backed up on another, just in case, even though no customers have claimed it. I do believe we also already have another set of backups but I'd rather not have to go looking for it so we're taking another fresh set of backups.

Denver - Most those waiting on IPv4 changes will likely be processed today. There's about 15 people left over that haven't been loaded in yet, who may have to wait longer until we get the servers back. The servers should arrive sometime next week.

• @VirMach said: SolusVM is getting so frustrating to use that I actually started working on our own control panel. It's about 0.7% done.

Does it also include WHMCS? :D New pricing in 2024 - https://assets.whmcs.com/customer-licensing-guide-2024.pdf

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @VirMach said:

Atlanta - Tech landed in Atlanta and will be driving to the facility shortly. We'll see what happens after that. I'm honestly very cynical about it right now and expect Flex to throw a bunch of obstacles. They did only begin asking about networking yesterday outside of the network drop, so it's possible for a delay there. I definitely hope they don't do a 180 on the fact that equipment has been released. A lot of what they said in the past that was in one state was essentially them trying to act like it was ready sooner than it was so it's best we're all prepared for additional disappointment as that's the only thing that's been a guarantee so far.

NYCB027 - This is being loaded into NYCB017 still. The transfer is not going perfectly, so it could potentially mean additional issues trying to get everyone going. This also means at least one of the two servers is acting strangely which could mean either people loaded in from Seattle could experience some issues or people being loaded into NYCB017. Of course it sucks to go from one outage into possibly another, so if anyone prefers the alternative, we can also delay bringing the service back online further so once it goes up it's nice and cozy.

LAX2Z019 - This is still on our workbench. It couldn't make it to the last batch dropped off at LAX QuadraNet but I plan on going soon. Keep in mind soon means soon, so it depends on everything else going smoothly for it to actually be soon.

AMSD030 and TYOC038 - As soon as I confirm Atlanta isn't running into major issues that will require a lot of back and forth communication or other efforts on my end that can easily waste away the entire day, we'll proceed with emergency maintenance on these. It's possible it could get worse before better, so that's why I need to make sure I can at least allocate several hours to these. Of course it could also go smoothly and we'll look silly for not doing it sooner. So worst-case scenario it could mean a small portion of services being down escalates to all of them being down.

Seattle - About 75% of the servers are actively being loaded in right now and the other 25% are waiting on NYCB027 being moved off and some old data being backed up on another, just in case, even though no customers have claimed it. I do believe we also already have another set of backups but I'd rather not have to go looking for it so we're taking another fresh set of backups.

Denver - Most those waiting on IPv4 changes will likely be processed today. There's about 15 people left over that haven't been loaded in yet, who may have to wait longer until we get the servers back. The servers should arrive sometime next week.

No Dallas updates?

• @nutjob said:

@VirMach said:

No Dallas updates?

Like what?

• @nutjob said:

No Dallas updates?

There's one for DALZ004 and DALZ007 on the network status page:

Update 9/28 -- Equipment has been finally released by the datacenter and will likely be shipped to Atlanta tomorrow, arriving either Saturday or Monday. This could be delayed further.

Thanked by (1)nutjob
  • @skorous said:

@nutjob said:

@VirMach said:

No Dallas updates?

Like what?

How am I supposed to know? That's why I asked for an update.

• Anyone know how to VNC in to a service when the node is locked? I need to type my boot password to get a service in LAX back up but the control panel's VNC doesn't work.

• I think you can not VNC to locked node ...

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • If you ever record the address, port, and password used to connect to the VNC server, you should be able to log in using third-party VNC software.

But I'm not sure how to query this information in a node-locked condition.

Thanked by (1)MallocVoidstar

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

More specific updates.

Atlanta - Racking will continue in the morning, it's a lot to do due to the previous amazing work. They did release equipment, after confirming again with the one guy that's allowed to release it. Networking was a fiasco to try to get done, finally was able to communicate it an waiting on one person on that. We're anticipating possible shenanigans into next week to get network up so we've started loading people in from backups at this point where available, mainly ATLZ005 and ATLZ006 IIRC.

Seattle - Equipment boxed and was supposed to be picked up by UPS and UPS didn't show up today. Loading into LAX still ongoing, with a good chunk already complete. I'd say about halfway done, still need to finalize and add new IPv4.

LAXA018 - Firmware updated, waiting on DC.

TYOC038 - Royally screwed, anyone who makes a ticket for existing outage report, I'm just moving away from Tokyo. Will update network status page in a moment. Data recovery may not be very easy, but trying. May all have to end up being moved away. And no, not enough space to be moved to Tokyo.

AMSD030 - Back up.

NYCB027 - Ran into issues, about 2/3 of people will be done soon.

Dallas and Denver - No update, it means it'll likely get dragged on by Flex. They should've got it boxed by now. Side node, Sabey, after being annoying for a little while, finally understood our request and de-racked and boxed everything in like 40 minutes for comparison here.

• @VirMach said:

Dallas and Denver - No update, it means it'll likely get dragged on by Flex. They should've got it boxed by now. Side node,

What's weird is my auth DNS server is currently seeing requests for domains corresponding to a backup job on my DALZ004 VPS. I suspected it was still running with an outbound (but no inbound) path to the 'net. But if they've truly boxed up the hardware, I can't understand where the DNS traffic is coming from. It'll be interesting to view the logs once it's back up.