VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• I don't want to move away from Tokyo. Can I stay in Tokyo until have space?

@VirMach said: TYOC038 - Royally screwed, anyone who makes a ticket for existing outage report, I'm just moving away from Tokyo. Will update network status page in a moment. Data recovery may not be very easy, but trying. May all have to end up being moved away. And no, not enough space to be moved to Tokyo.

• rootroot OG
    edited September 2023

@VirMach said:
    More specific updates.

Atlanta - Racking will continue in the morning, it's a lot to do due to the previous amazing work. They did release equipment, after confirming again with the one guy that's allowed to release it. Networking was a fiasco to try to get done, finally was able to communicate it an waiting on one person on that. We're anticipating possible shenanigans into next week to get network up so we've started loading people in from backups at this point where available, mainly ATLZ005 and ATLZ006 IIRC.

Seattle - Equipment boxed and was supposed to be picked up by UPS and UPS didn't show up today. Loading into LAX still ongoing, with a good chunk already complete. I'd say about halfway done, still need to finalize and add new IPv4.

LAXA018 - Firmware updated, waiting on DC.

TYOC038 - Royally screwed, anyone who makes a ticket for existing outage report, I'm just moving away from Tokyo. Will update network status page in a moment. Data recovery may not be very easy, but trying. May all have to end up being moved away. And no, not enough space to be moved to Tokyo.

AMSD030 - Back up.

NYCB027 - Ran into issues, about 2/3 of people will be done soon.

Dallas and Denver - No update, it means it'll likely get dragged on by Flex. They should've got it boxed by now. Side node, Sabey, after being annoying for a little while, finally understood our request and de-racked and boxed everything in like 40 minutes for comparison here.

No Tampa? :smiley:

How are you... online?

• @ConnersHua said: I don't want to move away from Tokyo. Can I stay in Tokyo until have space?

do not open a ticket.... basically do not even mention it, or you will be hunted down, and forcefully moved to LAX or something.

• I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in some posts already, but after all servers have received new IPs and location. Will there be a possibility to relocate them later for free?
    I had a good distribution for my servers during the CC days but now I think I'm starting to have too many of those loaded into LAX and NYC. For example, It would be nice if people with these moved servers could relocate their server for free to more near of the original location (like Seattle->LAX -->San Jose)

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint ZA_capetown
  • @atomi said:
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned in some posts already, but after all servers have received new IPs and location. Will there be a possibility to relocate them later for free?
    I had a good distribution for my servers during the CC days but now I think I'm starting to have too many of those loaded into LAX and NYC. For example, It would be nice if people with these moved servers could relocate their server for free to more near of the original location (like Seattle->LAX -->San Jose)

It's been asked once or twice but there hasn't been any official stance taken that I've seen. This could be because what locations are going to stay in play is still a little up in the air. Personally I'm fine paying $3 but I'm with you that I'd like to disperse a little more.

Thanked by (3)atomi someTom ZA_capetown
  • I don't think VirMach is capable of answering migration questions at the moment - in long run I am pretty sure they want to allow it, but life is life and you see from status how that fucks things up.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• storage vps uses qbittorrent to download files, which takes up a lot of io and then suspended. The kind and generous vir will definitely give me a chance. I will uninstall qbittorrnet and use low frequency vps. Ticket #269571

• Denver moved to LAX are all ON but they need new IPs as old 66.59.196.xx are no go

• My Atlanta VPS is now NYCB013 ... Online but without network :-)

• @KuYeHQ said:

storage vps uses qbittorrent to download files, which takes up a lot of io and then suspended. The kind and generous vir will definitely give me a chance.

This sounds suspiciously like an admission to breaking the ToS ....

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint DanSummer
  • @FrankZ said:
    Anybody else that was migrated from Denver to LAXA007 still waiting on a new IPv4 assignment ?
    I just want to make sure I am not the only one.

Yes.

@reb0rn said:
    Denver moved to LAX are all ON but they need new IPs as old 66.59.196.xx are no go

Truth.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@KuYeHQ said: storage vps uses qbittorrent to download files, which takes up a lot of io and then suspended. The kind and generous vir will definitely give me a chance. I will uninstall qbittorrnet and use low frequency vps. Ticket #269571

I feel like you're going to keep posting about this so let's get it out the way right now. For us to even begin looking at your appeal, you'd need to do the following first:

• Get Extra Support option on all your accounts

And then it'd still be a $25 suspension appeal fee for you. So I think your best option is to let it go on this one.

• @VirMach - I have a few VPS offline in Tampa (can't reboot them). Is Tampa still under maintenance?

How are you... online?

@root said:
    @VirMach - I have a few VPS offline in Tampa (can't reboot them). Is Tampa still under maintenance?

Depends. If you have a service in Tampa, it was previously in Tampa, you already changed to the new IP, and didn't touch anything previously and it was working and now it's not, that's not planned.

• A big thank you to @VirMach for working tirelessly to keep the lights on. I thought about cancelling after the Ryzen hardware debacle. But his dedication then as well as this DediPath fiasco, even shedding literal blood to do it, I will definitely stick around. Hopefully he can take a vacation soon.

• JabJab
    edited September 2023

My VPS (new IP) in Tampa online, but Client area timesout (Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received)
    SolusVM can't get status either.

status thing last update 18 minutes ago
    Random guess: it was connected via old IP and they stopped working? :P

brb, gonna run YABS :D

TPAZ003.VIRM.AC

• @VirMach said:

@root said:
    @VirMach - I have a few VPS offline in Tampa (can't reboot them). Is Tampa still under maintenance?

Depends. If you have a service in Tampa, it was previously in Tampa, you already changed to the new IP, and didn't touch anything previously and it was working and now it's not, that's not planned.

I have multiple services in Tampa (TPAZ004.VIRM.AC), they were on Tampa, changed to new IP, and they no longer work (offline in control panel too, noVNC can't connect). This is some very weird stuff, because other servers on same location work well with their new IPs.

How are you... online?

• @root random SolusVM idea: unmount CD if you haven't? :D

Thanked by (2)root skorous

• @Jab said:
    @root random SolusVM idea: unmount CD if you haven't? :D

OMG! You are an angel. You saved me. Thank you.

How are you... online?

IP changes and reconfigures should go a little bit more smoothly, we're using a new script that works better with the SolusVM changes and made it to where it accounts for more situations and run it all together in parallel batches. It will also try correcting a few other scenarios not necessarily directly involved in the IP changes away from our old /17 block such as cleaning up any leftover services with the wrong IP address, syncing it to WHMCS, and also unmounts ISO since that's a pretty common occurrence after all these changes.

@Jab said:
    @root random SolusVM idea: unmount CD if you haven't? :D

I've tried improving this further but like IPv6, it seems like ISO function was added to SolusVM at some point as an afterthought. They use essentially the same field as operating systems for it. As a fix to one of the problems this created, they pushed out another update maybe two years ago that ends up making it more difficult to try to add any indicator that an ISO may be mounted.

We might just sneak in the unmount function into other buttons, and then add a boot with ISO button on the ISO mount pop-up instead for anyone that wants to boot up specifically with an ISO. And maybe just make a scheduled maintenance window where we remove all mounts one time after the changes to have a clean slate. Otherwise I'm going to end up going crazy from how many outage tickets we get as a result of an old ISO being mounted. Oh hey maybe we can make the default mount auto time out after like a few hours and if you want to do a permanent mount you have to go through a confirmation.

If only they could just add in logic to SolusVM that doesn't instantly break a VM with no notification if an ISO mount fails and I don't know maybe proceed without the ISO.............

Thanked by (3)root FrankZ ZA_capetown
  • edited September 2023

more server atlanta, denver are up but most need new ip
    seattle moved to lax got new IP, 2nd moved to Tpazoo5 have not, I guess it depend mostly now on IPs and network

edited September 2023

A little side rant on SolusVM. You guys know how after a migration or whatever, I believe @FrankZ talked about it a few pages back, it comes online and on VNC it says the disk is missing or whatever? Guess what that is, really think about it, think of all the logical things it could be and then click spoiler tag to see what it actually is and tell me if it makes sense to you. Obviously some cases it might actually be a disk problem, right? But think of what else it could be if it's not really a disk problem.

It happens when using the SolusVM "migrate" function which is supposed to just get it to tell SolusVM it's on a new slave node, except for whatever reason, sometimes when it's doing all the secondary functions on this such as changing the VNC port, it just doesn't do it, and if you get migrated to a node where that VNC port is already taken up, there's no audit in SolusVM that relaces it automatically in that case.

This means it tries to boot up, and fails, because the port is already taken on VNC. There's no indicator for this until you debug it and for some reason they also don't actually stop it from coming back up with issues, but instead on our end indicate it as "offline" even though the VM is not actually powered down, so what you are seeing is the result of it failing to come up properly since it's being asked to do something it cannot do. We've mentioned this to them years ago, nothing done about it. Like they coded in the ability for it to debug this and realize what's going on, but they just didn't implement a solution where it'd just change the port number or make sure it cannot have the same port number as another VM, as if someone just wants the ability to set it to the same for two virtual servers and have it break.

And of course, this has no API. So we have to through one by one, debug, manually change over and over until a port is available and this is why it takes longer on those.

@reb0rn said:
    more server atlanta, denver are up but most need new ip

New script will go through these but they still need to be shifted around for a small number, as in combination with the IP changes planned around the same time, some just ended up where they shouldn't have been in the future.

• Sounds like SolusVM!?

I hope with that brand split-off you will have some smaller/stranger brands running VirtFusion?

or SolusVM2 /s

• @Jab said:
    Sounds like SolusVM!?

I hope with that brand split-off you will have some smaller/stranger brands running VirtFusion?

or SolusVM2 /s

SolusVM2 has improved a lot since 2021.
    I participated in a trial with GreenCloudVPS, and found that SolusVM2 has good IPv6 support now.
    It can also fit the prepaid sales model, in addition to the postpaid model.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• up to now, LAXA007(migrate from denver) still not received IPV4 yet

• edited September 2023

i think it'll easy to see with yellow & #444 @VirMach

• Any seattle migration users?
    Just noticed I've been migrated to LAX1Z014.
    VPS shows offline tho, no OS installed. Not touching it for now... (Or should I try to turn it on?)
    And no, I've never mounted an ISO before.

• @sh97 said: Any seattle migration users?

2 migrated to LAX1Z012 and LAX1Z014, both were online awaiting LUKS

also one from ATL moved over to TPAZ004 I am happy about this one.

Thanked by (1)sh97
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2023

@sh97 said:
    Any seattle migration users?
    Just noticed I've been migrated to LAX1Z014.
    VPS shows offline tho, no OS installed. Not touching it for now... (Or should I try to turn it on?)
    And no, I've never mounted an ISO before.

yes, you can try to turn it on. I had one the same on LAX1Z014 and I turned it on and it worked just fine.
    The no O/S I spoke of earlier, no longer seems to apply for these migrations.

Thanked by (1)sh97

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @dgc1980 @FrankZ thanks for the quick replies, turned it on and everything looks good!

Thanked by (1)FrankZ