VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @FrankZ, thanks for update, I'm on same boat with 193.93.xx.xxx, but it does not even ping, unmount stuff,
    reconfiguration, etc, still fails to raise network. weird.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2023

@tenpera - 193.93.xx.0/24 should have a default route of 193.93.xx.1
    check to make sure it is this way by

ip route show

and checking to see if one of the entries is

default via 193.93.xx.1 dev eth0 proto static metric 100

If you have an network adapted that is not eth0, reconfigure networking will not work and you will need to change the ifcfg setting and default route manually.

Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• The 038 node in Tokyo has been out of service for several times. When will it be repaired?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

this is not virmach support

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:
    this is not virmach support

I thought it was a question to the Japanese government

• @VirMach said:

TYOC038 - Royally screwed, anyone who makes a ticket for existing outage report, I'm just moving away from Tokyo. Will update network status page in a moment. Data recovery may not be very easy, but trying. May all have to end up being moved away. And no, not enough space to be moved to Tokyo.

I don't want to move away from Tokyo. Can I stay in Tokyo until have space?

• @David77778 said: I don't want to move away from Tokyo. Can I stay in Tokyo until have space?

https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/151890/#Comment_151890

Brain exploded, they fucking copy-paste the same message :-D

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• LES has got to be better than LET at this point. Seeing members helping one another to bypass bugs in in times of provider migrations... what could be better than that?

I don't know, just a thought that came into my mind even though it might not be fair to do such comparison.

Thanked by (2)someTom Not_Oles

How are you... online?

• @root said: LES has got to be better than LET at this point.

That is not a very ambitious target for us :p

Thanked by (4)root FrankZ skorous Not_Oles
  • Is anyone else facing some disk issue at LAX?
    Was taking a look just now.

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    ---------------------------------
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 252.67 MB/s  (63.1k) | 376.46 MB/s   (5.8k)
    Write      | 253.33 MB/s  (63.3k) | 378.44 MB/s   (5.9k)
    Total      | 506.00 MB/s (126.5k) | 754.91 MB/s  (11.7k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 5.17 MB/s       (10) | 1.43 MB/s        (1)
    Write      | 5.68 MB/s       (11) | 1.65 MB/s        (1)
    Total      | 10.85 MB/s      (21) | 3.08 MB/s        (2)

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • 1 IOPS. ONE.
    VirMach did it again, set a fucking record!

Kappa NoKappa

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @sh97 - Are you talking about LAX1Z014 ? If so, I can't run a yabs disk test, or yum update, as it just shuts down the VM. So I expect that maybe there is a lot going on right now. There is no LAX1Z014 on https://status.virm.ac/ so maybe it is a new node and does not have all the updates yet. I decided just to wait and see how it is in a couple of days before setting up anything on that VM.

Thanked by (3)sh97 Not_Oles BHS

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    @sh97 - Are you talking about LAX1Z014 ? If so, I can't run a yabs disk test, or yum update, as it just shuts down the VM. So I expect that maybe there is a lot going on right now. There is no LAX1Z014 on https://status.virm.ac/ so maybe it is a new node and does not have all the updates yet. I decided just to wait and see how it is in a couple of days before setting up anything on that VM.

Yup, that's the one. Yeah, same here, the first time I tried to run YABS, it just shut down. Tried a second time and worked.
    Thanks again, good to know I'm not alone =)

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • My Atlanta VM appears to have been migrated to Miami, its even up and running but the IP routes to Atlanta so I cant do anything with it yet, but hey, thats progress!

• I wonder what happened to the node ..

Node: LAX2Z021 (doesn't show on Network Status, last whine on here was last year)
    https://status.virm.ac/?s=62d9fd33778ad15ede24adb4

(Can't post the screen shot - but it seems to roughly a flat-line with CPU at 66% , Memory at 74% and the Disk at 6% - maybe disk failure?)

Service shows powered-off, boot times out (even if the log says, "Complete")
    Attempting to open KVM: Failed to connect to server (code: 1011, reason: Failed to connect to downstream server)

• LAX1Z014 failed to raise a network. i.p is not pinging, dead. probably takes longer time.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited October 2023

Can't reproduce any issues on LAX1Z014.

Could've just been corrupted backups or issues when they were loaded in. You could try repairing your filesystem would be my blind guess that might be helpful. It's also not overloading, disks are fine, network is fine. Although I will say the disk is a little slow, but that might happen if everyone is facing problems and simultaneously running benchmarks, re-installs and such. Disk wait is 0 so it's able to process everyone's disk requests.

Actually I did find a problem. Fixing it now, this makes sense why there may be shutdowns when trying to do something.

(edit) Fixed.

@FrankZ said: as it just shuts down the VM.

Right after seeing this part of your message I knew what it was.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@erk said: I wonder what happened to the node ..

Node: LAX2Z021 (doesn't show on Network Status, last whine on here was last year)

IP changes on that node not going well, it's causing it to overload.

Thanked by (1)erk
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@VirMach said: Actually I did find a problem. Fixing it now, this makes sense why there may be shutdowns when trying to do something.
    (edit) Fixed.
    @FrankZ said: as it just shuts down the VM.
    Right after seeing this part of your message I knew what it was.

Thank you. The VM no longer shuts down when doing update or disk test. :+1: :+1:

Thanked by (1)sh97

• @VirMach, about LAX1Z014, still fixing? It gives ** failed to raise a network. ** on vnc.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach, about LAX1Z014, still fixing? It gives ** failed to raise a network. ** on vnc.

When you have an individual issue I expect it would be helpful if you included the node name and your VM ID number. You can find the ID number for your VM by looking at the URL when in the product details page for your VM in WHMCS.

• Any info on LAX1Z015 ? i have a VM migrated there, but is down unable to power up even if it say is powered up sucessfully and there is no operation system i tried to boot a live cd like gparted and clonezilla removed all iso and boot to default but still unable to boot i looked on the status page, and other page but found nothing and when i try to get vnc it say Failed to connect to server (code: 1011, reason: Failed to connect to downstream server).

DeviousDev

• my vm has unexpected shutdown again
    due to possible tyoc026's memory full

• @taizi said: due to possible tyoc026's memory full

https://downloadmoreram.com/

Thanked by (1)taizi
    edited October 2023

@DeviousDev said:
    Any info on LAX1Z015 ? i have a VM migrated there, but is down unable to power up even if it say is powered up sucessfully and there is no operation system i tried to boot a live cd like gparted and clonezilla removed all iso and boot to default but still unable to boot i looked on the status page, and other page but found nothing and when i try to get vnc it say Failed to connect to server (code: 1011, reason: Failed to connect to downstream server).

DeviousDev

If network status page doesn't say it's done and a network status update exists, then it's not done and we shouldn't be contacted about it yet.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Okay, which one you rat buggers is abusing PHXZ001? STeal's been at ~10-15% for 24h now ...

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • edited October 2023

I abuse 1 core per some VPS but nothing else till virmach get stable :p

stopped one core abuse steal still there, stats page say 15-20% node use so must be something else then not the CPU

• Hello, virmach.
    How long will it take for TYOC038 to recover?

• edited October 2023

MIAZ011
    SolusVM is showing a VNC server address in the 47.87.158.0/24 range that is no longer connected.
    It should be replaced with a correct address in the routable range.

Also, outgoing mtr is showing 47.87.156.1 as the first hop router.
    This should be corrected too.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• I know that there has been some discussion here about issues with CDROM mounting, but on LAX2Z020 it is entirely broken. If you try to mount a CDROM and boot from it the VPS becomes unreachable ("Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received") for a while although it eventually recovers, but still doesn't work at all. I've tried a few different standard ISOs and they're all the same.

@VirMach is this a known problem or is it just me?

Anyone else having this exact same problem?